I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Go see a Dr A.S.A.P it could be severe dehydration, You could have lost the weight via water retention and as soon as you start sipping and eating healthy your weight should go up. Or you have a serious health issue, It happened to me about two years ago...Lost 30 pounds in just over 7 days. Ever since it's been difficult for me to put on weight but I'm back in the gym and eating healthy now making good gains (8pounds in 3 days).

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, it may be possible.

But certainly isn't safe or healthy, and the majority would be water weight.

Did you read my earlier post? If not, read this link:

bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

Now, is it healthy? Well, that is different for everyone, right? On Jan 3 i weight 450lbs. Is THAT healthy? See, all physical indicators is that yes, i WAS healthy at that weight (BP low, solid insulin response, labwork consistent).

Since I have lost 160lbs this year, the majority of it in the first 3 months, my vitals and labwork are unchanged.

One thing I hope people have gathered from me on ATS is that I am no moron. I am analytical, and develop very deep understanding of how systems work.

And I can guarantee you that it is mostly water weight in the first week. Read my link above. You don't need that water, as it is locked up in sugar transportation in the body. Water follows sugar. Cut out sugar (which is all that grains really are, simple sugars, aka carbohydrates) and you lose the water that carries it.

There is really a science going on here with what I have done. I have maintained contact with my doctor (who, like anyone else that knows me personally, is amazed at my success) and all my lab work is good.

However, I would recommend that anyone dieting allow their doctor to check lab work frequently, and that you stay on top of any health issues (especially kidney infections, bladder infections, etc). Splenda is rough on the bladder, and too many proteins are rough on the kidneys. I also recommend drinking at least a gallon of water a day (for the aforementioned reasons).

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
It's physically impossible to lose 30 lb in a week.

Its definitely not impossible, depending on ones starting weight.

When I only weighed 122 lbs, I lost 10 pounds in one day. Actually about 10 hours. I wanted to wrestle a kid in a tournament, and he dropped down to 112 lbs to duck me. When I realized it, I had from 8 a.m. to about 7 p.m. that evening to drop down to the same weight. I ran around the gym all day in a plastic suit, and spitting in a cup, and I took a couple of ex-lax, and I made the weigh-in that night. Of course, I subsequently got a thorough beat down because he had planned ahead, but I was dehydrated and exhausted, LOL!

Anyhow, if a 122 lb kid with very little body fat can drop 10 lbs in a day, then someone bigger, with more bodyfat can easily drop 30 lbs in a week.

Of course it isn't a healthy thing to do, see my previous post for my advice to Simone, but don't say it is impossible. I was an expert at manipulating my weight for years, and 30 lbs in 7-14 days is fairly common in wrestling and bodybuilding leading up to an event.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yip you two, I concur that it is possible, I shouldn't have said it's impossible but it's definitely not healthy!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
either im blind and its been mentioned but something that should be asked is
whats your length and weight ?

lets start with that

after that suggestions on diet can be given ,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Definitely not healthy. Even for the experts who do it routinely. It is pretty common knowledge that body builders don't live long healthy lives. All the manipulation of blood sugars, and hydration, and body weight, and additions of mass are not good.

Here is a typical run down of a bodybuilder for 6 months or so before a major event. First, it is all about gaining as much mass as possible, without concern for fat. Intense workouts and muscle damage mean they need intense amounts of calories and proteins. They will ingest 8000-12000 calories per day, mostly in the form of proteins, with maybe 10-20% calories from fat, and 10-20% calories from carbs. The carbs are typically only pre-workout so they will be burned off as energy. The proteins are spaced evenly throughout the day and night, with the body builder waking up at least every 3 hours during the night to ingest more protein. Almost zero cardio is done, because there just isn't enough caloric and protein intake to handle the massive muscle repair and provide energy for cardio at the same time.

Then, a couple of months before the show, it becomes important to shed any fat, and begin to "shape" the muscles, and get a look at the symmetry and any weak areas. The carbs are cut almost completely out, and the massive weight training is tailored down to finer movements targeting key areas, and key portions of muscles like the "peaks" in the middle or the ends near the joints.

Then, a couple of weeks before the show, maybe up to a month before the show it becomes massive "cutting" time. Water pills, caffeine, ephedrine, even insulin shots are all common to help. Calories come exclusively from proteins. Training becomes more of a low-impact toning routine with limited cardio designed to burn fat and save muscle and allow muscles to fully engorge and recover and swell.

The 48 hours before a show are all about shedding every last drop of water weight. Intense routines unique to each body builder result in losing a lot of body weight/water in a very short time 10lbs is nothing. It is unhealthy, and it results in overloads on the liver and kidneys, discoloration of skin, yellowing eyes, inelasticity in the skin, etc. BUT, an hour or so before the show, the bodybuilder will switch back to NO2, Sugar Water, and Caffeine. The Sugar Water swells the blood vessels and engorges the skin. The Vascularity "pops" all the vessels to the surface and raises the blood pressure. The elasticity returns, the energy goes through the roof, and they come out and give a great show. Then, it takes about 3 months to recover and begin to plan for the next show!

Of course, it is much higher tech than that. There are many supplements, and nutritionists, and prescriptions, and trainers, and each body builder has their own specific routine they have found that works for their body type.

Body weight and muscle manipulation is a serious science these days. Pro Athletes such as Terrell Owens have taken it to an even higher level with ballistic training and such.
edit on 25-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Think kidney failure, maybe diabetes - get thee to a physician.

30 lbs in a week is catastrophic.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Of course it isn't healthy to do it repeatedly. But if you are overweight, and feel trapped, to do it that one time to get your weight under control is the only sane choice.

Remember, there are people who are very obese and need someone to throw them a life preserver. That is what this is, and it may be the difference in lifespan for someone who has gotten trapped in obesity.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Do you know what your Blood Pressure readings are:

Not one for diagnosis.....I would get yourself to the dr's asap......

Could be kidney failure!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
similar thing happened to me but not 30llbs....kidney failure...fortunately the hospital got them going again...i think you are seriously ill....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, I use to weight train/body build when I was younger so I'm familiar with bulking and cutting cycles especially pre contest routines. Dangerous thing to do!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. Look at my earlier advice.

It isn't necessarily bad that she had this drop, she just needs to be careful and balanced and take precautions. If someone is largely overweight, 30 lbs might not be nearly as signifcant as it would be in a 150 lb person.

I don't think she should reverse the loss, I just think she should now plan a little better, and monitor her progress, and take care of her liver and kidneys and blood chemistry.

I would guess she is currently having intense headaches, nausea, and bouts of constipation and diarrhea. Those things are going to frustrate her and cause her to go off the diet, but if she can understand why, and control it, then she can continue to make progress.

I agree with you, there is nothing wrong with drastic action, as long as you know what to expect, and what precautions to take. She could snowball this big loss into a life-changing paradigm shift. It could be a wonderful thing!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Something similar happened to me, OP. I lost roughly 35 lbs over the course of a month, seemingly because I was feeling sick at first, but generally just lost my appetite. There was no physical appearance change, and it most likely wasn't muscle or water weight (as I always drink water), so it forever remains a mystery to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You could be what they call going through a "thyroid storm"- I went through this several years ago and rapidly lost a LOT of weight in a very short period of time. This is nothing to mess with, please get to the doctor and have it checked! By the time I went in, I couldn't hardly stand for more than five minutes, and it just made life miserable for a few weeks until the meds kicked in. Are you having rapid/irregular heartbeats? If so, get in NOW!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Top O The Mornin to everyone, this fine Sunday morning. I have been blazing through the replies which came after I went nightnight. Man, you all are so tremendously educational, informative, eye-opening, interesting. And helpfull! I so very very much truly truly ---appreciate--- such. Absolutely. And I'm happy I recieved yet another contributor who said he lost this amount of weight, one time, in same amount of time. I just hated knowing how outlandish I sounded.

After I awoke and was puttering around, I felt hot and sweaty. Not good! I remembered a poster mention Gatorade. I don't have any, but I took some chicken white meat and ate it after I sprinkled iodized salt on it. Instantly felt better!

Then I made myself a apple-banana-cinnamon smoothie.

So far...........so good.

Welllllllllllllll errrrrrr grrr Ummmm, I guess I'll "Disclosure" about my dimensions and data like that, since Inquiring Minds Want To Know. I did NOT want to before, because, even though you all don't know what I look like anyway, I did not want anyone picturing me associated with such a description, as I was too ashamed. However: It occurred to me, that since I have now found 'The Key' to travel AWAY from that image, to the land of thinness, (I just know it!) I suppose I can come clean.
I am a woman, never been preggers, never had kids. But the oncoming breakless freight train called Menopause, had my name on it when I turned 43. Prior to me turning 43 (back in 2003) I was always under 130 lbs. I would range from 108 lbs-to-130 lbs, but never moreso. It was my metabolism, no food lifestyle, is all. Now, I am --only-- five feet 'tall' and one inch. 5' 1". In my bare feet, no shoes on. After I turned 43, it's like my metabolism dropped dead. Every year after that, I put on about 10 lbs, more or less give or take. (Take it please!) In 2007 I was 175, in 2008 and 2009 I was 180, in 2010 I was 190, and in 2011, I stayed at 195. When I started my fruit and vegetable regime, I was between 195 and 200. But now, my scale stubbornly won't go over 165. See? At 195-200, at five ft tall, I kept feeling like something really really very bad was going to happen to me, like a heart attack or stroke, and I would sit up in the middle of the night with horrible gerd. I was constantly getting exhausted from physical exertion.

So, I felt like, ---if I didn't figure out something drastic but workable,--- I was going to die pretty soon. I don't want to die, because I haven't had any fun yet! I want to know what thats like. Thats my goal.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

when people go on a diet, they often lose a lot of weight right a way, but most of it is water weight. give it a few weeks and it should slow down and even out . Good Luck and check with a doctor before doing any extrem diet.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Hey ATSers, about a week ago, I got sick and tired of looking frumpy. I am over 50. I decided to ABOLISH all GRAIN. I was only eating fruits and vegetables. For real. After a few days, I ate like a deprivation dieter, because after all grains were out of my system, I lost my appetite to pig out. This evening, I found out that I am MINUS 30 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I am not exaggerating, I am not lying to you.
I have NOT been constantly pooping and peeing, but my number two has been big and fluffy. Is all.
HOWEVER. All day today, I have been feeling week and dizzy, like a dying person who drank beer. I also have a headache, and have been feeling cold, then hot.
So I ran to the store and bought some fresh though lean, meat. Beaf, turkey, and chicken. I got them home and made myself try and pig out on them, but I still feel the same.

Is there a Conspiracy going on here? Did the PTB make all the grains to put us as obese sheeple, and also addictive? I do not crave grain right now, but I SUSPECT if I were to eat a slice of bread and a bowl of cereal, this weirdness would stop.

Please let me know what you all think, I'm not in the mood for cuteness, as I don't feel well. THANKS, and as Dutchsinse always says, "Much Love".

a doctor recently put out a report about wheat and grains being the reason he gains 30 pounds and acquired diabetes. after stopping any wheat and grain from his diet he lost the weight and got rid of his diabetes and has testes it with others that had the same problem. wheat and grains are a horrible food now a days =/ and gluten free is even worse

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Hi!

Your body is simply detoxing. Detoxing does not only happen through the two 'lower apartures', it also happens through the skin, nose eyes and even ears. Having a headache, feeling dizzy and weak, and stomach pains are simply typical symptoms of your body getting rid of toxins it has harbourded for ages through bad eating and drinking coffee.

Best advice I can give you is to go through the headache, dont take anything for it, you will eventually possibly start feeling nausious and have a day or two of vomiting. That is ok! Drink lots and lots of water. If you have filter water great! If you have a distiller, even better! When you push past this you will feel absolutely fabulous. Your body uses a lot of energy in this cleaning process and you should keep yourself at rest and not worry. I assure you. I have detoxed many many times on only raw fruit and veggie juice, made at home with a juice extractor.

Your craving for cooked food and grains is because when the toxins are loosened from within your body, it goes into your bloodstream. When it gets into your bloodstream it will cause cravings for those foods. If you simply push past and allow your body to detox your liver will clean, your kidneys will aslo clean and you will feel a wonderful change in your entire being.

When animals get sick they fast. Humans have unfortunately walked a path that totally excludeds this natural phenomena within the body. If you cut your finger it will heal itself. We have totally forgotten that our bodies have a built in ability to heal itself, if given the opportunity.

We polute our bodies through the stuff we now call 'food' which has actually nothing to do with feeding. All processed food eventually causes some kind of illness within the body. As do coffee and tea and fizzy drinks. Most illnesses are due to the acidity level in the body being disturbed. The big conspiricy is that water fasting, or at a slower pace, raw eating, or at and even slower pace, vegetarian diet with lots of raw food, heals the body automatically.

Here is a site about waterfasting:
www.fitnessthroughfasting.com...

In 1981 our family heard of Essie Honiball, who was dying of TB. Doctors could not help her. She was very seriously ill. To the amazement of medical doctors she totally healed after fasting and has remained a raw foodist for the rest of her life. Her storey is extrodinary and she wrote many books about the healing power of raw eating. Here is a bit about her, her books listed at the bottom of the page. I can really recomend 'I live on Fruit' as a start.:
en.wikipedia.org...

I went on the raw food diet in 1983 after a 2 week juice fast and felt absolutely fantastic when I regained my strength. It changed my life. I was only 15 years old and maintained a raw food diet all through school. My thinking was extremely clear during this period, (I was the youngest in my class in my final year at school and came first academically - though I still cant spell..heeeheeehhee!), did balet every day for 3 hours and was the top dancer for our balet school and felt fantastic.

The conspiricy is that they produce food that will keep you unhealthy and tired, sell you medication that might treat the symptom but not the cause and at the same time probably damage another part of your body like the kidneys or liver, and make you pay through you teeth for it all. oi!

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

The conspiricy is that they produce food that will keep you unhealthy and tired, sell you medication that might treat the symptom but not the cause and at the same time probably damage another part of your body like the kidneys or liver, and make you pay through you teeth for it all. oi!

I absolutely agree with this a million percent. A very insideous catch 22 situation.

When the serfs are poor and fat and sick, they cannot revolt and make things right.

I'll bet ya it has to do with this Codex Ailementarius I'd been hearing about.

Someone mentioned earlier that ranchers always knew, when they need their livestock fattened, they feed them grain. Sheeple as well!

edit on 25-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

How are you feeling and have you gone back to grain? If you want to detox slower, the slow down the pace. But very well done on the 30lb! It is a sure sign that your body tossed out a lot.

While my views and experiences are most unconventional, they are also based on the way we were actually created to live in the garden of eden. I do expect to get much flack from the roaring crowds that have never been exposed to any of these ancient truths about their bodies and realities.

How are you doin?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join