It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Your body doesn't need carbs, except that foods with fiber have carbs. however, the fiber itself is passed through the body undigested, so is not counted in daily carb counts (net carbs = carbs - carbs from fiber).

Cycle your body through for rapid weigh loss:

2 weeks at 20g or less a day
2 weeks at 30g or less a day
2 weeks at 35g or less a day, with a 4 day "gorge" period at the end of this 2 weeks
repeat

as you get to your goal weight, start to slowly increase carbs until you stop losing weight. This is your daily limit to maintain your weight.

Seriously, it is simple. You just have to start with the fundamental understanding that there are 2 sources of energy: fat and carbs. Both are relevant, but fat generally stays out of the blood stream. Carbs, on the otherhand, create the majority of fats in the bloodstream, as well as throwing off the balance of insulin and sugar in the body. Add to the effect that your electrolytes changes with the loss of the sugar and water, usually decreasing chances for infections (for those hidrdenitis sufferers).

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My mother always told me to eliminate carbs, but I wasn't ready to apply such, yet. Carbs are our staple our whole life. It's a strongly strongly strongly en--grain-ed cultural norm.
I read your blog and I like your sauce idea too.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: You swatted me out of my fantasyland thinking I was floating along in though. Which is, I did NOT take into consideration, drastic sudden food paradigm shifts, how dangerous that can be without medical supervision. I guess it's denial.
But many were very alarmed and said scary things, or like, I'm "foolish" but I now see that is sound admonishment.

I like FurryTex's zero tollerence carbs paradigm, I think him and I are on to something here, but I jumped into this too drastic, not knowing fully what I am really doing. I can see now, I have put myself in danger, as my heart was palpitating as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I would agree with the blood sugars as well. Sorry for my quick reply earlier - I read your post and wanted to get that out there.

When I juice, typically with in a week, I feel like sh*t. My body is detoxing from all the crap. I get really tired, headaches, body aches...I feel really bad. It will usually last a good 5/7 days before I start to feel better. Once that passes, I start to feel great.

In your case, that is a lot of weight to drop in the first week. My ex did the no carbs diet, he lost lots of weight at first, but I would guess he lost more in the lines of 5/7 pounds the first week. Naturally after the first month and half - 2 months he wasn't loosing the weight as quickly.

If you ate a lot of carbs, I can see why going off them would cause you to feel out of balance. Def try to make sure you get some protein in there.

Something else to consider...it helps while quitting carbs and the icky feeling you are going through.....

Another, easier approach involves taking an amino acid, l-glutamine. L-glutamine enjoyed quite a vogue in the 1940s and 1950s as a cure for alcoholism; it also works quite well for almost all processed-carb addicts. Typically 3,000 mg/day, taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, will do the trick. One wants to take it on an empty stomach because amino acids compete with each other for uptake and assimilation and so taking the l-glutamine with food will keep it from working. After twenty minutes it's ok to go ahead and eat; that's all the time it needs.

It usually takes from 2-8 weeks for the effect to appear. It's not quite clear just why this works. L-glutamine is converted by the body into an neuronally excitatory amino acid, glutamic acid, and a sedating neurotransmitter, gamma-amino-butyric acid (GABA). Perhaps the combination of the two mimics to a certain extent sugar's dual exciting and calming effects on the brain. In any event, work it does.

Take a look at this article it might help you.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hi, I havent read all the replies as I have to dash off but I just wanted to say, if you want to lose weight healthily, the site myfitnesspal helped me immensely after having my baby.

It's free and there is so much you can do on there. You put in your weight and height and how much you want to lose per week and it tells you how many calories a day you can have and also measures fat, protein and others and there is a ton of support from others in the same boat there.............anyway, enough rambling.

I hope you get sorted and start feeling better soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Your body needs time to adjust to a drastic change of diet. In a way you are "detoxing" yourself. The Atkins diet was so popular because its rapid weight loss at the cost of health. Then again, I have known some Vegans who are totally against grains. Basically, I say wait another week and see how your body is doing. I doubt you are dying.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
someone probably pointed it out already. you're waitloss can hardly be explained without assuming some dehydration. drink!
some people have pointed out proteins, carbs and what not. ... while it is true that your body cannot go totally without these - well it could, just not very well - they are entirely insufficiant to explain why you feel sick. just lacking those for one week is nothing a fat person cannot handle. there is no need to eat grains at all.

so my bet is you are not drinking enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's physically impossible to lose 30 lb in a week.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Your electrolytes are off. You need to see a doctor and get this fixed, friend.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

that's not ketosis. if the OP is only eating fruits and veggies, they are eating tons of carbs. Also, ketosis results in fat burning, not muscle.

From your link:

The diet mimics aspects of starvation by forcing the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I'm still disbelieving my scale, and I'm still thinking about the other posts who think it's malfuntioning. I haven't yet ran to the store to buy a couple more scales to make sure. (It's too late at night!) So, I did this experiment just now. I have a cat who weighs 20 lbs. (My other one weighs 22!) I picked him up and held him in my arms and stood on the scale. It zipped right on up to 20 lbs heavier, with ease. So I --wonder-- if that means the scale works. I have kept it on zero, and I (lightly though) jumped up and down on it. Then got on with my cat.

I hope you are doing better today.

Your scale story made me laugh I have many scale stories, like the time I had been dieting for a month and when I weighed myself I hadn't lost a pound, so I jumped up and down on the scale until it broke while cussing, take that scale, now I seldom weigh myself, but I took my jeans in by four inches last week.

edit on 083030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

in frumpy loserdumb

Please don't talk to yourself that way, beauty comes in all sizes, people focus to much on the superficial.

Take your time, work on body, mind, and spirit, this is a life style change, not a quick fix, if you are happy body , mind, spirit, that is an accomplishment.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's amazing Tex, I am really happy for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If only I could have your mutanic powers, I could have wow-ed the girls over here. Im so fat now, depressed

Un-cheers

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnocksMeDead
If only I could have your mutanic powers, I could have wow-ed the girls over here. Im so fat now, depressed

Un-cheers

Don't be sad, my husband has loved me through forty years and a dozen sizes, and menopause too, lol

Many ancient cultures thought fat was beautiful.

To bad today one cannot wow the girls with ones intellect and personality,
edit on 093030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree cutting grains out of your diet is a good start to weight loss. When a farmer wants to fatten up his livestock, he feeds them grains. This is common knowledge.

Eat PLENTY of leafy green vegetables and some fruit. DO NOT cut out your high-protein lean meats like fish and chicken. Fish has a lot of vitamins that are essential to a healthy diet. Buy a bag of unsalted almonds and see how you like them. Nuts are a great source of unsaturated fats which help you lose weight by basically teaching your body not to store fat (many people don't know this).

Also, I said 'unsalted' because high sodium usually brings high blood pressure, which tends to drive weight upwards.

Grains really are about as bad as they come. Don't listen to the food pyramid that is presented to you BY OUR GOVERNMENT. They promote a generous serving of grains at every meal. It's a bunch of hogwash.

Hope you listen well to my advice, and would like to hear feedback from you and others!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Hey ATSers, about a week ago, I got sick and tired of looking frumpy. I am over 50. I decided to ABOLISH all GRAIN. I was only eating fruits and vegetables. For real. After a few days, I ate like a deprivation dieter, because after all grains were out of my system, I lost my appetite to pig out. This evening, I found out that I am MINUS 30 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I am not exaggerating, I am not lying to you.
I have NOT been constantly pooping and peeing, but my number two has been big and fluffy. Is all.
HOWEVER. All day today, I have been feeling week and dizzy, like a dying person who drank beer. I also have a headache, and have been feeling cold, then hot.
So I ran to the store and bought some fresh though lean, meat. Beaf, turkey, and chicken. I got them home and made myself try and pig out on them, but I still feel the same.

Is there a Conspiracy going on here? Did the PTB make all the grains to put us as obese sheeple, and also addictive? I do not crave grain right now, but I SUSPECT if I were to eat a slice of bread and a bowl of cereal, this weirdness would stop.

Please let me know what you all think, I'm not in the mood for cuteness, as I don't feel well. THANKS, and as Dutchsinse always says, "Much Love".

Nope, you were just eating too much/exercising too little. Except in a couple outlier cases weight control really is as simple as calories in/calories out. I eat tons of grains, fruits/vegetables, lean meats, fatty meats, dairy and my body fat is 9.5%(which I'm trying to lower to 9). You're feeling odd because grains have been a staple of the human diet since the agricultural revolution, you're depriving your body of a food source that it needs. Also losing 30 lbs in a week is not normal, it's unhealthy. If I were you I'd be heading to the doctor right now. Even 5 pounds of weight loss per week is arguably too much.

You were probably taking in a large deal of your daily calories in unhealthy grains like white bread and now that you're not eating grains your caloric intake is reduced a great deal, essentially you've been starving yourself. That would explain the dizziness.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

You are wrong. I am proof that you can. I would guess that the OP is as well.

When i was younger and playiing football (both high school and college), i would lose between 25-35lbs in the first week of two a days.

What people have to remember is that 30 lbs is a much lower percentage of 450lbs than 180 lbs.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Death_Kron

You are wrong. I am proof that you can. I would guess that the OP is as well.

When i was younger and playiing football (both high school and college), i would lose between 25-35lbs in the first week of two a days.

What people have to remember is that 30 lbs is a much lower percentage of 450lbs than 180 lbs.

It certainly isn't impossible, but I don't think it's healthy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by crazydaisy

You and the others make sense, maybe I went too extreme, and I flushed something out of me, and now I'm sick because of it.

When you shed a lot of bodyfat at once, the bodyfat stores fat soluble vitamins and toxins. Shedding more than a couple of pounds of bodyfat in a week will always overload the liver and kidneys and throw your blood chemistry out of whack. As the fat cells die, they release the toxins and certain fat soluble vitamins they have been storing.

You need to be drinking TONS of water to help flush your kidneys, but you also need to keep the electrolytes in balance, so toss in a gatorade every 3rd or 4th glass.

Drink enough to make yourself urinate at least every 30-45 minutes until you start feeling better.

As others have said, supplement your celiacs diet with nuts, and lean meats. Linseed, and Omega oils will help.

It isn't all doom and gloom that you have dropped 30 lbs, it could be a good thing, just take every precaution, and get your system back in balance, and try to not lose more than 5-8 lbs per week.

Be careful of Vitamins A, E, D, and K while you are shedding weight, because those will already be getting released.

If you are a beer drinker, Redbridge is the best Gluten-Free beer by far. Beer is a great way to get some carbs and electrolytes, especially after exercising. No kidding. Corn Tortillas can replace breads and other wraps in most cases, and they are Gluten Free. Don't assume things like beef are Gluten Free. Taco Bell doesn't include their own beef on their gluten free menu, because of the 12% additives to their beef.
Good lean meats from the supermarket should be fine though. Atkins Diet, and South Beach diet plans are mostly carb free and therefore gluten free. At this point though, it seems you actually need more carbs, not less. Ensure Drinks are gluten free, and they will help you get your calories and vitamins replenished.

If you need any help with Celiacs, feel free to PM me. My wife has been battling it for almost 5 years now, and she finally has her weight back to about 100 lbs. Her Celiacs popped up during her second pregnancy. She didn't know about it, the baby was malnourished and came 3 months early, and after the birth, she couldn't gain weight, and she got all the way down to 85 lbs before they diagnosed her and changed her diet. She is finally feeling better, getting her energy back, and the baby is finally a healthy 4 year old now.

Good Luck!

Toxins Released from fat loss.

Weight Loss pushes toxins into the bloodstream

Help removing toxins.

I forgot to add that certain supplements and medicines can help bind those toxins and remove them. Milk Thistle is very helpful in cleansing the liver. Also, Mucinex is known to bind certain things (like phosphates) and flush them out of your system. Stick to whole foods and wholly organic foods for awhile if you can, green tea, fresh fruits and vegetables (with the skin) contain yeasts that may help metabolize the toxins. Also, you will need the pectin and fiber from the fresh fruits and vegetables because with major weight loss usually comes major constipation.
edit on 25-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, it may be possible.

But certainly isn't safe or healthy, and the majority would be water weight.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join