It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Dude, opinions of other users are fine.

But do NOT take it as the cure to solve it, also do not self diagnose from the internet, many diseases or problems you will find have overlapping symptoms.

The best advice is to go to the doctor man and tell him what you said in your first post.

You may feel alright now after taking a few tips from users, but i am almost 100% certain none of them are doctors.

If left untreated it could get potentially worse.

Take care buddy, congrads on the weight loss

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Whine much? This thread isn't about you...

You are suggesting that a 30 pound drop in weight in a week is healthy or explainable by diet alone?

This is why no one should take medical/health advice from an anonymous forum.

edit on 24-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Whine much? This thread isn't about you...

You are suggesting that a 30 pound drop in weight in a week is healthy?

This is why no one should take medical/health advice from an anonymous forum.

I didn't say it was healthy. Can you read? Or just not comprehend what you do read? Your speculation isn't helping.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Lolz... I read fine. You are making this thread about you and giving nutritional advice (where medical advice may be needed) on an anonymous forum and whine when you are not taken as seriously as you believe you should be. Get over yourself.

ETA: Last word is yours, I've said all I intend to. The ball is now in the OP's court...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm still disbelieving my scale, and I'm still thinking about the other posts who think it's malfuntioning. I haven't yet ran to the store to buy a couple more scales to make sure. (It's too late at night!) So, I did this experiment just now. I have a cat who weighs 20 lbs. (My other one weighs 22!) I picked him up and held him in my arms and stood on the scale. It zipped right on up to 20 lbs heavier, with ease. So I --wonder-- if that means the scale works. I have kept it on zero, and I (lightly though) jumped up and down on it. Then got on with my cat.

I know I know the --amount-- I Originally Posted sounds UNBELIEVABLE. I know. I don't want to go to a hospital because I feel just fine right now. I'll be okay!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Lolz... I read fine. You are making this thread about you and giving nutritional advice on an anonymous forum and whine when you are not taken as seriously as you believe you should be. Get over yourself.

Still waiting for you to offer something to the thread......

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Get you some good quality BCAAs Branch Chained aminos with Glutamine. (High Intensity Training) with weights. Try to eat natural foods

The way they are poisoning the human is with
cornsyrup
cornstarch
wheat
gluten
Metals
mutation of molecules in the foods
sugar substitutes

Who is they?
Medical, Insurance, Pharmaceutical companies---The more sickness the greater the profit for all these industries. If they were to annihilate you all in mass it would alert you to danger. They learned after Nazi Germany not to do that.

So what you have going is a profitable holocaust of sorts conducted by MIP, Food Makers, AMA, FDA...
fast kill and slow kill can be regulated with various symptoms as diversion. Ton of money to make off ya in the process.

But like with all viruses...they mutate. They will see that we have caught on and deploy something else to keep you sick.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I like your advice, I think it's good sound advice.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Get you some good quality BCAAs Branch Chained aminos with Glutamine. (High Intensity Training) with weights. Try to eat natural foods

The way they are poisoning the human is with
cornsyrup
cornstarch
wheat
gluten
Metals
mutation of molecules in the foods
sugar substitutes

Who is they?
Medical, Insurance, Pharmaceutical companies---The more sickness the greater the profit for all these industries. If they were to annihilate you all in mass it would alert you to danger. They learned after Nazi Germany not to do that.

So what you have going is a profitable holocaust of sorts conducted by MIP, Food Makers, AMA, FDA...
fast kill and slow kill can be regulated with various symptoms as diversion. Ton of money to make off ya in the process.

But like with all viruses...they mutate. They will see that we have caught on and deploy something else to keep you sick.

He doesn't need high intensity training! What are you talking about? He's over 50. His body has broken down, and is suffering from a substantial caloric deficit. HIT would make it far worse. His body needs the nutrients and calories to recover from the near "fasting state" his body has been in for a week.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Could it be that you`re becoming anorexic???
Careful, the faster you lose weight, the faster you`ll put it back on, with a revenge too!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Thats a good question. Many times awhile back, (Many times!) Years back, I would try "diets" and I would get so incredibly vorasciously hungry, I'd binge finally, and everything was all back to normal, in frumpy loserdumb.
But this time.......It's different. My appetite for food and fluids really isn't much there. Seems this appeared, after I had spent quite some time in daily self loathing, which was much more constant and intense than has ever been. I kept saying to myself, I'm done with this I'm done I'm done,
Like I suddenly was --finally-- done with my Comfort Zone. I wonder if a psychological state can nix a physical appetite?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I will offer this based upon experience.
What you did wrong is you made a drastic change in your diet. You should never do that. If you practice the following, you will achieve your goals. Of course, you could actually be sick and need medical care.
As for diet, this policy works.
1. Eliminate the worst thing for your health that you eat, while adding ONE thing to your diet that is good for you that you don't currently eat.
2, Get used to this small change in your diet. Monitor the affect the change has on your system. It should be positive, or at the very least, not negative. Probably neutral, no change.
3. After you are comfortable with this minor change, do it again. Eliminate the worst thing and replace it with something you should eat.
4. Rinse and repeat until your hair looks great.

It also works with habits.

The point is, it works. After some time you notice that you are healthier and happier than you were, say, a year ago. Or ten.

edit on 24-9-2011 by SirClem because: Number 4 was left off.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Lolz... I read fine. You are making this thread about you and giving nutritional advice on an anonymous forum and whine when you are not taken as seriously as you believe you should be. Get over yourself.

ETA: Last word is yours, I've said all I intend to. The ball is now in the OP's court...

It's not about me. I don't want the OP getting confused, which I'm sure he is, by all the poor advice and rampant speculation in this thread. If you actually want to offer some nutritional advice, go ahead. Getting mad at me, because I don't want the OP to get scared due to the uninformed opinions running rampant through this thread doesn't help. You also apparently didn't read what I had typed, or didn't understand it. If you did, you'd know it wasn't just opinion, and you'd know most of the opinions in this thread are entirely misleading. I read all your posts in this thread, none of which offer any help. If you want to debate nutrition, lets go. I'd love to. If you'd rather complain about me, instead of offering advice which actually helps the OP, well, then I see where your priorities are.

Also funny how you whine, about me whining. We can all be hypocrites, can't we?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Also, OP, I highly suggest calculating your BMR. That is how many calories your body burns per day. It's not exact, but close enough. My guess, you're far below where you should be. BMR calculations also don't usually take into account activity levels. They are great however, for estimating your basic caloric needs per day. Find your caloric intake zone, then split that up into 4-5 meals per day, and 2 snacks. Try to eat healthy, as I mentioned before. Going below your daily BMR hurts weight loss, as your not losing the "right" kind of weight. You want to lose fat, not muscle or tissue.

Here's a pretty basic one. Just enter your numbers.

www.linear-software.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Hey ATSers, about a week ago, I got sick and tired of looking frumpy. I am over 50. I decided to ABOLISH all GRAIN. I was only eating fruits and vegetables. For real. After a few days, I ate like a deprivation dieter, because after all grains were out of my system, I lost my appetite to pig out. This evening, I found out that I am MINUS 30 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I am not exaggerating, I am not lying to you.
I have NOT been constantly pooping and peeing, but my number two has been big and fluffy. Is all.
HOWEVER. All day today, I have been feeling week and dizzy, like a dying person who drank beer. I also have a headache, and have been feeling cold, then hot.
So I ran to the store and bought some fresh though lean, meat. Beaf, turkey, and chicken. I got them home and made myself try and pig out on them, but I still feel the same.

Is there a Conspiracy going on here? Did the PTB make all the grains to put us as obese sheeple, and also addictive? I do not crave grain right now, but I SUSPECT if I were to eat a slice of bread and a bowl of cereal, this weirdness would stop.

Please let me know what you all think, I'm not in the mood for cuteness, as I don't feel well. THANKS, and as Dutchsinse always says, "Much Love".

I eat about 20 carbs a day, and have lost 160lbs since January. Losing 30 lbs int he first week of a low carb diet is not unthinkable. I did something similar.

What you are mostly losing is water weight. Just like salt, sugar requires water to pass through the body. When your body is full of sugars (which is what grains are, as is any carb) it is full of extra water. Water follows salt and sugar, always.

I would suspect you are also cutting down on salt, as a by product of cutting out grains (typically an ingredient in preservatives used in grain foods, like mac n cheese).

You also can have overall decreased appetite as you go through this low carb induction phase, leading to lower overall caloric intake as well as less weight in your bowels.

Get scientific. Learn how your body works. Then pick the diet that you think works for you. Don't just haphazardly remove elements (although grains are a good removal, honestly). If you want more information on how I have lost 17" of waist this year:

bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

and one of the best recipes I have: (especially the cheese sauce part)

bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

Weight loss isn't rocket science. It just takes understanding how the body processes foods, what your units of energy in foods are, and how you can manipulate them to satisfy your hunger while reducing overall energy unit storage (body fat).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Something to add: folks who preach calorie counting for weight loss are misguided. Ignore calories. Entirely, just ignore it (at least, until you get your weight down and understand how your body works a little better).

Two sources of energy that are viable: fat and carb (protein is viable as well, but will destroy your kidneys if done for any amount of time). Your body will not store energy derived from fat, as it is violates the conservation of energy (it takes more energy to store fat than it does to just burn it off). All fat reserves are derived from carbohydrates.

So, using that logic, the concept is simple: cut out carbs, and your body will burn fat instead of carbs for energy. If you then start to lower your fat intake, you will rely more and more on body fat for energy.

So simple, even a cave man could understand it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
double
edit on 24-9-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Haudi Simone

I have just private messaged you with my email for some proper weight loss and diet and anatomy info, as in what happens to the pancreas when you come off highly processed foods etc. I also have the formula for healthy weightloss as in grams of Carbs and protein per kilo of person for safe weight loss. Very quick weight loss causes kidney stones, something to be aware of. To keep ypour metabolism up you need to start eating 3 to 5 meals a day but the formula for the meals is a bit complex so I will wait for you to email me.

I look forward to your email.

Have the best day
themuse

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I eat about 20 carbs a day, and have lost 160lbs since January. Losing 30 lbs int he first week of a low carb diet is not unthinkable. I did something similar.

Thank you SO very much for this. There was some expression of skepticism here in the thread, which I totally understand.
I made two post already, about my wondering about my scale. People said maybe it was broke, and I wondered that too. I did some experiments which I have told about. So, a few minutes ago, I just did another experiment. I stood up on my tippeetoes like a balerina, which I could not do before. Then, I even did it with -one- foot/leg, which I could not do before. This means I am significantly lighter than I was, and I can feel it anyway.

I just hate --sounding-- like I'm exaggerating. I needed someone to say, this is not unheard of.

EDIT TO ADD: Some have been saying "He" but I am female. It's no biggie, I do that too, when I don't know what someone's gender is here, so it's like a default go-to gender.
edit on 25-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Hey ATSers, about a week ago, I got sick and tired of looking frumpy. I am over 50. I decided to ABOLISH all GRAIN. I was only eating fruits and vegetables. For real. After a few days, I ate like a deprivation dieter, because after all grains were out of my system, I lost my appetite to pig out. This evening, I found out that I am MINUS 30 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I am not exaggerating, I am not lying to you.
I have NOT been constantly pooping and peeing, but my number two has been big and fluffy. Is all.
HOWEVER. All day today, I have been feeling week and dizzy, like a dying person who drank beer. I also have a headache, and have been feeling cold, then hot.
So I ran to the store and bought some fresh though lean, meat. Beaf, turkey, and chicken. I got them home and made myself try and pig out on them, but I still feel the same.

Is there a Conspiracy going on here? Did the PTB make all the grains to put us as obese sheeple, and also addictive? I do not crave grain right now, but I SUSPECT if I were to eat a slice of bread and a bowl of cereal, this weirdness would stop.

Please let me know what you all think, I'm not in the mood for cuteness, as I don't feel well. THANKS, and as Dutchsinse always says, "Much Love".

Your body still needs carbs in a different form, so take in the beans and raw, organic grains. Maybe try Quinoa, wild rice, or even a baked potato or baked sweet potato. You don't have to eat processed grains AT ALL, so ignore everyone telling you that you must. Processed grains have no nutritional value when compared to the negative effects they have on our bodies. Your body DOES require carbs though, and also good fats. Avocados and natural, unprocessed oils such as sunflower, olive, flax and coconut oils provide good sources of good fats. Raw nuts as well...especially almonds. It sounds like you did good, but what you're eating isn't quite balanced.

I'd definitely get a good multivitamin, and a B complex to take, just in case you're missing something really important. Balance it out a bit and see if it improves your symptoms!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join