It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Well i developed ulcerative colitis (ulcers in colon), and when i would go off my medication i would have flareups and when i was 15 i went from being 165 pounds down to 115 pounds in a week and a half. I wasn't eating because the smell of food made my abdomen hurt so i just wouldnt eat. I almost died and lost almost all of my muscle mass and i looked like a toothpick.

You should go see a doctor, theres a good chance if you ate meat and didnt cook it thoroughly enough you might have a tapeworm in you (parasite in your intestine). Tapeworms are more often found in pork but they can appear in any type of livestock. They eat the food that you eat so you get no nourishment from it, and it could explain why you are feeling terrible because your body is not benefitting from what you eat so your body is consuming itself to keep you alive.
edit on 24-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have had a flu like reaction to the Atkins diet. It passes. You have two main choices if that is the problem.
1. Go to bed. When you wake up you will feel like a million bucks. Your body is switching between the carbohydrate fuel it is used to over to the fat back up. It's not a pleasant feeling. It feels like everything is shutting down and you just might die. This happens to me between day three and five of Atkins every time.
2. Drink a little bit of orange juice. You will feel better in about 20 minutes but might have to go through it again tomorrow.

If you are afraid the problem could be blood sugar related go with the juice. It won't hurt you either way.

I would like to say that I feel cheated right now since I have never lost 30 pounds in a week on Atkins or anything else!

Hope you feel better soon.
edit on 24-9-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I believe vitamin B12 is what you can't get with a strictly vegetarian diet.

No wonder I feel like crap, I have pretty much gone vegan

About the Atkins diet, I tried that once, it worked great but I couldn't stay on it for long with out the weakness like the OP states,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by MysticPearl

Hi thanks. My mother told me to drop grains, because she did, many years ago, and lost weight. (It was a temporary diet for her though, not a permanent change.)

Here is what I was eating prior to this. Pizzas of all kinds, resteraunt and frozen. Cereals, breads, snacks.
I HATE vegetables.
But decided to make myself eat them.

That's a little clearer. What you did is cut your caloric consumption by about 70-80%, which is far too much. You didn't really cut out too many grains, as most of what you cut out was processed food, or simply unhealthy. The processed and unhealthy food you were eating contains more calories then natural food, so your caloric intake was even higher than it should have been, and dropped even more then you probably thought it would. You're not eating enough for your body to run effectively.

If you want to lose weight, I'll give some tips.

1),Don't eat out, eat pizza, processed cereals or frozen food. Start cooking healthier, natural food.

2)Spread out your meals. Eat less, about the size of your fist each sitting, but eat 5-7 times per day, about 2-3 hours apart. Keeps the metabolism running fast.

3)Do something active everyday, as simply as walking at a brisk pace for 20 mins will help.

4) Remember, your metabolism runs on energy, meaning it needs food to digest and do its job. 10% of what you eat is burned by digestion. You need to feed you metabolism to have it run quickly, and burn more calories.

I see what you did, and have seen it often. You cut out all unhealthy foods, but didn't replace them with anything healthy. Your body is starving. Start cooking for yourself, Space out meals. Don't rely on your microwave, restaurants, or take-out. That is what is unhealthy, along with pasta, pizza, and sugary cereal. Look online for healthy recopies and snacks. Livestrong.com is a great place to start. Or google "low calorie recopies". If you simply replace what you were eating, with natural foods, and still ate the same amount, you'd lose weight simply by the reduction in calories. Everything you were eating, is packed with more calories then its natural alternative.
edit on 24-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sounds like Diabetic Keto Acidosis- which can lead to coma and death. This happened to me. You should go to your doctor immediately and get checked out.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Not good at all! You need to see your doctor immediately! They need to do blood work, to rule out an underlying cause. Will be praying for your health.

Pax

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Going vegan's great in my opinion (although I'm LONG off the veggie wagon due to lack of support and frustration with ease of access to what all I needed) - just be sure to research it thoroughly and cover all your bases as you need to balance things to make sure you're getting what you need.

Lots of legumes and rices for your proteins, lots of colorful veggies (dark leafy greens, reds, and so on) to get the range of nutrients and calcium, and so forth. Definitely get the yeast since that deficiency is very bad for you.

I personally didn't take it that far (with cruelty-free and organic milk and eggs, I'd be comfortable as a lacto-ovo vegetarian), but if you're going to go the vegan route in any shade, be very very careful as it requires a lot of attention.

edit on 9/24/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

May not have been the yeast, Simone...carbs are probably literally addictive in and of themselves. As far as your issues, I definitely agree with most here and suggest getting checked out to be safe.

To reiterate what I and others have said on the vegetarian front, though, be very careful and put in the needed research to make sure you're not shooting yourself in the foot.

I personally don't have anything against carbs - when using whole grains/complex carbs. Refined, bleached, stripped usual crap you'll get (white bread, white rice, white flour, white sugar, and most typical versions of these as ingredients) are effectively worthless and just junk filler.

Once you make sure you're otherwise healthy and not in a danger zone, I'd suggest looking into some of the supergrains like amaranth, quinoa, and others. Long used as staples by various older societies and nutritional powerhouses.

Remember, humanity has been living on grain and carbohydrates for thousands of years at the very least. When eaten in a more-natural form and in the right proportions, there's not really any issue with them. Most diet-related weight issues stem from other inputs or lacks.

You might also look into the Mediterranean diet (I like the book What Would Jesus Eat?) for some good dietary suggestions that are biblically-based (and one of the healthiest diets in the world, from a cultural standpoint).

Anyhow, get some professional input, make sure you're staying balanced, and I hope it goes well with you. Take care.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Sounds like Diabetic Keto Acidosis- which can lead to coma and death. This happened to me. You should go to your doctor immediately and get checked out.

My daughter is type one, and yes Atkins can throw you into that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thank you for the advice, basically I am trying to treat a health issue with low fat vegan diet, it seems to be helping, but I do need more research.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Losing that amount of weight is incredibly unhealthy (and I would say impossible).

If that was all fat loss it would = 210,000 calories burned. There is no way. If that was water weight you would be dead. The only thing I can think of is a SERIOUS disease.

I would urge anyone who has dropped 10 + lbs. to go see a doctor IMMEDIATELY and with the symptoms you're claiming I would suggest going to the hospital.

You know what screw it, GO TO THE HOSPITAL

edit on 24-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Thank you for the advice, basically I am trying to treat a health issue with low fat vegan diet, it seems to be helping, but I do need more research.

I'm not trying to be redundant and will stop harping on this now, but definitely researchresearchresearch. It's abolutely a very noble and intelligent move, but you one you cannot really undertake safely for a prolonged time with any level of blindness.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
OP how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Are you completely sedentary or do you work/move around? Either way I would get to a hospital even if you can't afford it. Debt is better than dead.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why is everyone saying Atkins and ketoacidosis when the OP stated she is eating fruits and vegetables?

Fruits are loaded with carbs, as are carrots, potatoes, beans, etc.

This is most probably a clearing of the bowels by the fruits and veggies, along with water loss by not drinking it. (with a broken scale and a little exaggeration; maybe?)

Add some eggs for protein. Much more balanced and complete vitamin range.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
OP, eating fruits and veges is admirable, but going on some random (radical) diet change blindly is just foolish. Losing 30 pounds in one week is scary (if it's true) and it's extremely unhealthy, potentially dangerous.

I doubt you will heed the advice to go to the doctor, but I will reiterate it again. Perhaps it will sink in. You. Are. Doing. Something. Wrong. Your health may be at risk. How is this not obvious to you?

edit on 24-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Plenty of eye opening info here so far, WOW, and some if it --scary-- . An earlier poster said maybe my scale is broke. This is the first thing that occurred to me, after the anomalous surprise. I almost left out my door to go buy two more scales at WalMart for a "second and third opinion" but then I got an idea. I had these flair jeans I liked alot, but had to set them aside awhile back, because well, they were getting too snug. So I went and grabbed them and put them on. NO snug. They whooshed on easy.

Right now, I am feeling better. I went and drank a glass of orange juice, then a big glass of water. It was ickee because I didn't crave this, but I made myself, and now I am feeling a lot better than when I started this thread. But such probably doesn't bode well, as it sounds like something to do with diabetes. I probably have it and it's undiagnosed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you have heart arrhythmias; dizziness or wooziness; vomiting blood; dehydration; severe vomiting; severe diarrhea; severe abdominal pain; difficulty breathing; or confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment.

With extreme weight loss. If a family member or friend came to me saying they had lost 15 lbs. in a week and were feeling ill, I would call 911. You're a friend, go to the hospital.

Link

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I agree with posters who said go to the hospital. Thirty pounds is more than just "a lot". It's a dangerous amount of weight. People who are sick and can't eat anything don't even lose this much.

Doctors can run blood tests to tell if there is something serious.

If you lose too much fluids you can die or become brain damaged. Terry Schiavo, the woman in Florida who was on the feeding tube, became that way because of a potassium imbalance.

You might be fine but why take the chance? At the minimum you'll get blood test showing what nutrients your body needs.

edit on September 24th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Right now, I am feeling better. I went and drank a glass of orange juice, then a big glass of water. It was ickee because I didn't crave this, but I made myself, and now I am feeling a lot better than when I started this thread. But such probably doesn't bode well, as it sounds like something to do with diabetes. I probably have it and it's undiagnosed.

Go to the hospital.....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I knew I wasted my time spending 30 mins typing two posts. I studied this stuff in college, and worked in an environment dealing with this type of thing for close to 7 years. Offered my advice, offered to help more thoroughly through pm's if needed, and it gets skipped over for the rampant speculation in this thread(mostly false), which seems to attract the responses and stars.

I guess next time I'll just drop into a thread and try to scare the OP, since that is what gets the stars and the responses. No point in wasting my time actually explaining the problem in the future. Would not have taken any effort to say "that's not good, you have a big problem, you must go to the doctor right away".

A doctor isn't necessary if you take seriously what I wrote. The speculation is this thread is ridiculous. Most in here haven't got a clue. The majority of what people are saying isn't applicable.

edit on 24-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join