It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hundredreas0ns
sounds like a sudden detox, and all the toxins have been kicked into your blood stream for elimination, this is gonna make you feel ill, you cant jump into things like that, or you could do more harm than good. a gradual switch would be better, but always consult a health professional first to make sure your healthy enough to do this, and the approach you should take to begin. but do drink lots of water, that will help you eliminate the toxins quicker.

This is very good advice! She should also take a green food supplement with chlorella so the toxins flush out easier and maybe add a b vitamin supplement for energy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

You need to stop what you're doing NOW. Your body is not getting the fats and carbs it need to live. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables is good for you, to eat Only that is a way to slow starvation. Go get a steak.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyrc07
reply to post by brindle

WOW... You need mental help my friend!!!!!!!

Name 1 thing that a human can benifit from being overweight???
I hope that post was sarcasm, cause WOW!!!!!
Carrying around some extra lbs for women especially has always been the sign of beauty and wealth.Everyone can appreciate a little junk in the trunk.Are you seriously spelling benefit Benifit?You cant be for real.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow! I think weight watchers wants people to only loose 10 lbs a week/ month? If your loose weight too fast it might cause you to have appendicitis, or dioriticulitus, or pancretitus. I would see a doctor. My mother and my mother in law each had one of those illnesses after atkins diets in their fifties/ sixties. I did atkins and found I needed to eat banannas, orange juice, strawberries, tomatoes. I got sick drinking crystal light. It gave me extreme kidney and back pain. My doctor said that diet is too extreme to stay on. I lost 17 lbs, while also going to the gym. I think the best way to loose weight is to do it slowly, so it also stays off. After a certain age no one can eat junk food of any kind. The only time I lost 30 lbs in a month was after having my second child. Best Wishes to You!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm a healthy 24 year old. I weighted 120, but after 2 weeks of no grain/wheat/rice diet, I lost 15 pounds.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Surprising no one's mentioned it yet (unless I missed it), sounds like Candida yeast die off. Candida overgrowth feeds off of carbs and sugars, depresses thyroid function, causes bloating and causes carb, sugar and even yeast cravings,. Once you remove one of it's main foods, you can experience "die off", which can result in headaches, major fatigue and a general "sick all over" feeling. Weight loss happens with cutting carbs, but also a candida infection can make your body hold on to weight. 30 lbs. seems quite much though for one week even 2, and I would definitely go see a doctor. Regular MDs usually don't deal with Candida overgrowth, as some of them think it's hogwash regardless of the fact that it can be clinically diagnosed. As others have noted, adding water, cleansing greens, fiber etc. are a good idea especially if your body is trying to rid itself of something. But don't let any of this replace seeing a doctor to make sure nothing major is going on. In any event, if candida is the cause, the "die off" period can be very tough.

Cutting out grains is beneficial as our bodies really weren't designed to digest grains in the form we eat them. And while the cutting of these things out of your diet could very well be the cause of your symptoms, I would caution against assuming this is the cause when the possibility of something else going on, that happened to coincide with the timing of your diet change, exists. Especially given the drastic amount of weight loss, as this and the other severe symptoms are similar to those of more serious diseases.

I hope you feel well soon!
edit on 25-9-2011 by kalamatas because: terrible grammar

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Power of the mind, my friend. Since you wanted to look less frumpy, your mind helped the metabolism to achieve your goal.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm Vegetarian and also had the lack of appetite, it doesn't return but that isn't a bad thing 3 meals a day how ever big or small you wish them to be ....try Multi-Vitamin with your breakfast. Also as reguard to your other problem, make sure you have Carrot juice( I have V8, Carrot juice and tropical fruits) for breakfast keeps you regular.
When you start feeling better you may find you have no fatigue, basicly no end to energy but your muscles do twist and cramp when its time to stop working, your body stops before you do (This could be diet but it also could be part of true enlightenment
) . I found that sweating is also different since I returned to being a Vegetarian...It's like a running tap
So to recap on the main points Multi-Vitamins, Carrot Juice Based Drink, Blueberry juice and about 8 glasses of Water a day....AND Nuts if your not alergic.... With your 3 Meals...

Hope this helps......

edit on 25-9-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So you claim to be having a serious medical issue and you come to a conspiracy site to see if there's a conspiracy behind it?

Are you freaking kidding me?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Divine, I will agree with you on this point. I have used visualization to supplement my not so good dieting skills. I wanted to be able to see my feet without bending forward. When I registered this in my mind, I began looking at myself as if I had already lost the bellyfat. But just as importantly, I began holding in the abs to strengthen them to hold themselves in on their own. 10 seconds, remembering to breathe through it, then release. Standing in line at the bank, waiting for someone to answer my call, etc. About 20-30 times aday. And lo and behold my plateau shifted and am slowing loosing weight again. I am not dieting but am a conscience eater. Have lost 50 lbs in two years.

So to OP, were you trying to loose that much weight or was that a side affect of just wanting to cut out gluten/carbs?

That's a dangerous amount to loose that fast, go to a doctor and have bloodwork! The posts are good for beginning to understand how the body chemistry works. But by no means replace a professional evaluation.

I have been having trouble getting my mother to eat properly, so the best we (her dr and I) could do was eat by the clock. 9, 12, 3, 6, 9. A protein size of your palm, a veg or a fruit either in juice or serving, and a good carb. 200-300 calories. Dr. suggested researching hypoglycemic dieting. Blood sugars stay more level with the smaller more frequent meals. I began eating like that too and feel overall better and still loose about 1-2 lbs a week, without cutting carbs completely out of my diet.

Don't put going to a Dr. off, you could be in worst risk than you were when carrying your weight.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

ATS Terms and Conditions

..namely, this bit:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances .... are strictly forbidden.

edit on 25-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thats too much weight to be lost in one week without some concern.

Firstly I ask you why you are posting this on a open forum and not seeking medical advice.

As you say you are over 50 this could be a number of things that no person on here could soundly diagnose without seeing you at least, so dont listen to anyone on here and go see your doc asap if you have any more concern.

Any one else that says other wise doesnt have common sense

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Losing 30 lbs in a week is no big deal.Hell,you can lose 30 lbs in a day,if you put in a hard days work,sweat alot and fall asleep without eating.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Losing 30 lbs in a week is no big deal.Hell,you can lose 30 lbs in a day,if you put in a hard days work,sweat alot and fall asleep without eating.

yea ok whatever. this is the reason if you really think you have a medical issue, you might want to check out some other sites before you come to ATS for serious medical consultation.

this person may or may not be sarcastic, but there is no way your body could withstand losing 30 lbs a day.

and while he might be sarcastic...they's a whole bunch of people giving you advice equally stoopid, and they mean for you to follow it.

edit on 25-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Perhaps we should blame our image-obsessed and information-averse society for the OP's dilemma...

But SERIOUSLY... why do so many women become so obsessed with their image that they experiment with insane diets without fully researching nutrition, food, metabolism, and diets in general FIRST???

Not to say that men are exempt, because the habit of some men is to pathologically not give a sh** about their diet/health to begin with. But seriously... why don't people take a more cautious/scientific mind with issues of health before experimenting drastically with their own body? Diets are not like new hairstyles, diets are central to survival and good health, while a new hairstyle might make you, at worst, look stupid for a couple weeks.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I can't even fathom how anyone could lose 30 pounds in a week. The biggest loser record was 41 pounds, but that was someone eating that same diet you are, and also exercising around the clock, which I'm assuming you did not do.

Grains are fine. Fruits are fine. Most things honestly, are fine, even fast food in moderation. What people don't do is exercise. Exercise regularly, and you won't need to be so picky about what you eat.

2 pounds a week is a safe weight to lose. Not 30.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join