It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 occupy wallstreet protesters arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

80 occupy wallstreet protesters arrested

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) NEW YORK - About 80 people have been arrested as demonstrators who were camped out near the New York Stock Exchange marched through lower Manhattan.

The "Occupy Wall Street" protest is entering its second week. Demonstrators said Saturday that they are protesting bank bailouts, the mortgage crisis and the U.S. state of Georgia's execution of Troy Davis.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
They have had a livestream going on for the last 6 days roughly and it is really starting to explode with 7000 people watching the livestream alone i find it crazy that about 80 people have been arrested and its been a very peaceful protest, a lot of different kinds of people there and since the Troy Davis execution i have seen a lot of people joinging in from that group. i am very curious to see goq this all develops, not a lot in the mainstream news but the livestream speaks volumes, they have it down sometimes for maintenance but it has been pretty consistent.
Livestream: www.livestream.com...

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I hope this makes the representatives and senators wake up. People are starting to stand up and force them to hear them. If they're not careful, the United States could have a revolution on its hands, and that would not end well.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ollieman5023

thats how much say we have, go against us and we will lock you up.
i cant wait untill the police arent getting payed anymore, then we will see how quick they are to help opress their fellow man
people need to understand police are just the authority that inforces the rich tycoons sick society.
they have just as much right to use violence and or tell you to be quiet as you do to them.
revolt people!
its going to get bad before it gets good, lets stop it before it happens
and give power back to the people!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
I hope this makes the representatives and senators wake up. People are starting to stand up and force them to hear them. If they're not careful, the United States could have a revolution on its hands, and that would not end well.

representatives and senators will never listen, and even if they do nothing will change because they dont have that choice to make
its up to big bussiness not the government
the only option we have is to stand up, because peacefull process falls on death ears.
or we could just let them step on us for another 100 years.
for the good of your children atleast

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ollieman5023

Also there are numerous vidoes on youtube of people getting arrested and a lot of alleged police brutality etc. gettin pretty crazy

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
On infowars (i know, iknow, Alex Jones) are 3 videos on the arrest:
www.infowars.com... mber-of-occupy-wall-street-protesters/

I put the infowars link, since on youtube the 2nd video (where some girls are mazed by cops) is marked as "inapropriate" and can only be seen, when logged in !! So much for the media coverage.

What is something i ve never seen before is in the 3rd video (2:00 min mark and on): A mobile NYPD tower. It looks like the sniper towers in prisons / borders. They come with black windows. So I hope it's just for shooting videos.
But still.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

On infowars (i know, iknow, Alex Jones) are 3 videos on the arrest:
www.infowars.com... mber-of-occupy-wall-street-protesters/

I put the infowars link, since on youtube the 2nd video (where some girls are mazed by cops) is marked as "inapropriate" and can only be seen, when logged in !! So much for the media coverage.

My impression after watching those videos is...
And so it begins.

Already you have Police officers being the paid goons of the banksters, and in plain view of the public and media. These are the same people who are supposed to "protect the public". They bodyguards to the highest payer and morality goes out of the window.

We've seen the same thing from Police in the UK during the student protests - unreasonable force and extreme violence against the citizens in order to protect the wealthy elite. It starts with officers beating and arresting protesters, and it ends with them firing rubber bullets as the protest grows in response to their violence.

These are not brave Police serving the public, they are paid thugs no better than the goons a dictator ships in to attack his own people.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this ... I wanted to create my own thread for it, but there seems to be a media blackout of this event. Despite the fact that it's blowing up twitter and the blogosphere. It's simply "not trending".

I created this because I felt it was needed...people like videos, and people are lazy and don't want to dig for news. If you like this, share it -- If there is a spot on ATS where I can create my own thread for this ... well, let me know.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That was a great video, thank you for sharing it.

As for the protests, we have to remember that the police are part of the people. Most go into the force to protect and help people while others do go into it for the power of it all. This is human nature, but we cannot separate ourselves from them. This border creation that we are so fond of is why we are in this mess to begin with.

Unify, stand strong, and create a set of demands that need to be fulfilled and this system would be beatable because those officers and politicians who really do care about the people will fight for them again. And the people who are too obtuse to notice the wrongs will open their eyes. It will just take time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I am going against the current here and saying that they need to be investing their time into looking for a job...Or studying for their exams.

It seems everybody just wants to litterally sit around and bitch about it.......

Yeah it sucks.......but I have bills to pay.......So while everybody wants to be "somebody" of importance, I will be working my azz off to try to better my family....

Seriously, what did you really think was going to happen to a bunch of young "I want my voice heard" individuals that is trying to derail "progress."

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I hope when you are working your butt off you don't lose your job and your house while you are looking for another one and have no place to go while your student debt piles up.

As for me, I will do what I have to do and support others doing the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by saber13

I think the key is to keep it peaceful. No doubt, if it gets large enough "instigators" will be brought in to incite violence. Not enough to make major headlines, but enough to get it shut down.

Clog the streets -- sit around with signs. Don't let "them" bring violence into the mix. Become enough of an annoyance to be heard!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I already done that.

I just got out of school in the spring.......

The union hall that I am a member of has all employees employed.....nobody is waiting on a job..............

Which goes against everything that people are saying around here

I am trying to make it happen, instead of whining about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

"I am trying to make it happen, instead of whining about it. "

Are you also trying to make it happen, that wall street pays the multi billion dollar bailout back?
And paying back the pensions that got lost, as well as the houses that went, because they "miscalculated" the risks ?

new topics

top topics

join