It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain wins Florida Straw Poll by impressive margin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Herman Cain wins the Florida Straw Poll with 37.1% of the vote. Distant runner-up Rick Perry was expected to win.

Will this amount to anything for Cain or against Perry?

The results:
www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Since Ron Paul lost this poll, I guess it actually counts. Herman Caine will now be all over mainstream and hailed as the new top 2 or 3.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Exactly. Things are obviously significant and meaningful if Ron Paul doesn't win.

If he does, it's only because the internet spammers came out of their basements and...did just what anyone else's supporters can do, I suppose. But totally meaningless if it's Paul's.

Besides, he's only won a couple, right?

PS for the OP:
Paul won the California straw poll with 44.9%. Completely meaningless, of course. However, I hope the Florida poll definitely does mean something for Cain, Perry and Romney - the last two are just tools, and I actually like and trust Cain on a few matters.
edit on 9/24/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

Herman Cain wins the Florida Straw Poll with 37.1% of the vote. Distant runner-up Rick Perry was expected to win.

Will this amount to anything for Cain or against Perry?

The results:
www.examiner.com...

I want either cane or paul. But a Cain Pres with a Paul vice is a wallop of a team. Paul and Cain is even better. Those are the only 2 I want to see right now the other candidates are the same old shoe.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes!

Paul/Cain or Cain/Paul sounds too good to be possible. Grrr.
edit on 24-9-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i think they will ignore cain just like paul.

and if you call them on it, they will cry "racist!".

dont worry....its not suppose to make sense...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Yes!

Paul/Cain or Cain/Paul sounds too good to be possible. Grrr.

I have been saying this for months!

It irratated me though when he played the game and chose Newt as VP though. Not saying he would, but if actually followed through with that decision, I believe it would cost him dearly.

I like Paul on many things, but have always supported Cain. Now that he has won the the straw poll in Florida, let's hope he kicks those other two snake oil salesmen to the curb...where they belong. While Perry and Romney may have been good State Governers, I don't trust 'em.

I kind of like how one atricle starts.

Every winner of Florida’s Presidency 5 straw poll has gone on to win the GOP nomination.

www.nationalreview.com...#

edit on 24-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

CAIN was a Federal Reserve Chairman -

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I kind of like how one atricle starts.

Every winner of Florida’s Presidency 5 straw poll has gone on to win the GOP nomination.

www.nationalreview.com...#

edit on 24-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

*sigh* While I like Cain generally...a choice between Obama and Cain?

Cain's aggressive stances on Islam, appreciation of the Fed, lack of understanding on some pretty big issues with constant appeals to the unnamed advisors he would surround himself with (historically a revolving group of Washington insiders with ever the same ideas), and my lack of awareness of his views on some other big issues (drug policy, etc.) worry me significantly.

He also supported the bailouts, the Iraq war, our presence in Afghanistan, buddy-buddy relationship with (including defense of) Israel...all of these being more than problematic and indicating what I consider to be some strong flaws in judgement.

A cabinet position of some sort, or some other office...possibly even VP? Quite possibly. The White House...I'd rather not. The devil I know might be better than the devil I don't, knowing what bit I do so far.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I would prefer a Paul/Cain ticket with Cain as VP. Just to get his feet wet, so to speak. But they both appeal to me because they both take a stance on issues...for better or worse. Plain and bluntly spoken with a dash of humor.

If either of them start waffling about or backtracking like most pols do...I'll write my own name on the ticket come primary time. I don't like the rest of the pack and think they are mainly running for a cabinet position more than anything else. (That's not including Romney or Perry...but I will not vote for either of those two)

And yes, while he was chairman of the Fed, he also said that that was a miserable time in his life.

If Paul were to be POTUS, Cain would be a asset in closing the Feds doors.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It means a lot, because the Florida Straw Poll was representative of the entire state. Each county sent delegates, the candidates had no influence over the delegates, and the delegates are a pretty good indicator for how the counties might vote in the primary election.

This Straw Poll is HUGE!!! It is a very strong indicator of how the Primary Vote would come out if it were held today.

I think this makes Perry and Romney rethink their debate strategy, and rethink who they will begin attacking now.

Watch out for a giant Cain smear attack.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So all they got to do to beat Herman Cain is to come up with a "10-10-10" plan.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I think the fact that Cain has a clear plan is a big reason for his win.

Personally, I think the 999 plan will create way more Revenue than the current tax plan, and I think it is overkill. Just a 9% sales tax could entirely replace the current tax code, but Cain wants that plus 9% income tax and 9% corporate income tax.

I think Cain could do better with a 5-5-5 plan, and it would be even more popular!!

The Fair Tax folks have been onto this for a long time.

Still, at least Cain has laid out a plan, instead of just skirting the questions and putting out talking points that don't mean a thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Doesn't Cain have big support in Georgia and Florida because of his radio show?

Here is the best guest I have out of all of this...

25% of delegates are party officials/insider voters for the Presidency 5, if the Perry camp accusations are true that Romney camp gave delegates to Cain to dilute the Perry results. Combined with Perry's poor performance and Santorum's personal presence at the P5, it would make a lot of sense how Cain with such a huge edge over Romney/Perry and how Santorum got such a huge push.

But don't worry, after this P5, everything will go back to normal, Perry - 1st but suffering, Romney - closely behind, and Ron Paul at third looking to slip into second over Perry while the two attack and expose Romney.

I'm curious when enough is enough for Perry, I don't see him as the type to stick through it too long if he isn't holding first.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

Yup I agree!! Circle gets the Square!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

join