It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Post Deleted! Google Erases Popular Alternative News Source?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dishypnosis
Without google, another algorithm would have eventually meandered along.
Google's algorithm, as a search tool, is worse than the one I consider the best I ever used, Altavista, in its original form.

Google's fame is just publicity, if you look at their search results you can see that many times they present pages that do not have the searched words or expressions on it. That way they show much more results than other search engines, so people think they are better. Sometimes they even show that they are wrong, when you make a search and it shows something like 50 pages of results, but when you reach page 11 there aren't any more results.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Have you ever tried IXQUICK search engine? It has become my favorite and they don't keep a record of your IP! I NEVER use Google or any search engine by Microshaft!

Zindo
edit on 9/25/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have met the people behind google on a couple of occasions. They are disgusting. Google and places like facebook want some kind of control in the world, and they allie themselves with like-minded people.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

Imma have to say that is what it seems too

BIN probably bought it out, hence the re-direction
edit on 9/25/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

Activist Post Deleted! Google Erases Popular Alternative News Source?

theintelhub.com

At mid-day on Friday, September 23, 2011, the popular alternative news blog, ActivistPost.com, was taken offline. Activist Post receives over one million views per month and has been hosted by Google’s Blogger since its founding in June 2010.

“We remain puzzled as to why Activist Post was erased completely by Google,” said chief editor and co-founder Michael Edwards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This has me sooo upset I had been a member of Activist Post for over a year. yesterday suddenly it was gone. For myself I rated this top of true informational site. Whatever they topiced always showed up on MSM, it was realiable and im shocked. Know im wondering about ATS here itself, is it still gonna be here tonorrow?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
proof google did this or move it to the hoax bin or skunk works. no proof given, only speculation, could be technical error.

plenty of other sites that can be banned by the almighty evil google, geesh

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

It wouldn't be the first time Google did something "unconstitutional".

It is convenient that corporations aren't beholden to the constitution, therefore I am surprised more around here have not come to advocate on behalf of the rights of private enterprise (aka. power without the responsibility).

Do no evil is really do know evil which is really do a whole helluva lot of evil which is really never really tasted evil? we'll show you evil, mwahahahaaha.

edit on 9/25/2011 by The1Prettiest1One because: argh...closing tags

edit on 9/25/2011 by The1Prettiest1One because: Blah

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PLUS2IS22

As much as I'd like to prove or disprove the story, at the moment it is near impossible.
Fact is, the website is offline. And the co.founder blames it on google owned blogger.com

I doubt google would step forward and say, we took it down because of .....
If they would say something , it would be probably something along "technical error" or violation of TOS.

So yes, there is room for speculation.
But I do not see a reason for somebody to take down their own site and blame it on google.
It s like shooting in your own foot.

So, anyone has an idea, how we can get more info on this ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

The only problem I see is in explanation of what he did when he found out that the blog had disappeared.

“When we tried to load our back-up file into our secondary Blogger account, that was blocked as well,” he added.

Could it be the fact that he had (apparently) two accounts that triggered the blog removal?

I don't know, maybe someone that knows more about the way Blogspot works can shed some light on this.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
They are up again.

Somewhere on their front page - most likely to remain pinned there for a while - is an explanation, including a statement by a Google rep. I am relieved.

As a supporter of Activist Post, I sincerely thank Above Top Secret for covering their story, and also thank all fellow readers, writers, and supporters of open information and fee speech for their support and interest on this matter. I personally believe it was instrumental in Google's decision, whatever their original reason - apparently an "automated" "error". All I can say is that my automated sentiments are not too forgiving.

Hail Eris

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So now, activist post is online again.

We have the explanation an "automated process" (whatever this means..) was the reason why it was gone.

Hindsight this thread might have been "much ado about nothing".
On the other hand,

Google usually backs down if the outrage is vocal and public enough, as it was in the case of the Activist Post takedown. Less popular sites that offend the elite and Google – a documented CIA front company – usually disappear forever.

I ll keep watching, and will always raise question when free speech and freedom of the press is at stakes.

Thanks to everybody participating in this thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Just when I thought this thread is finished and Activistpost up and running again, comes bad news again:

Today 22nd October www.activistpost.com is down again !!

If you go there you will see the note from google:

Google 404. That’s an error. The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

So far, that's all I know as well, will keep digging and update.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Looks like a hosting or dns problem because I can see the site if I go to activistpost.blogspot.com but www.activistpost.com times out sometimes and works other times.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

And I can see it on both, although it took longer to show the page using www.activistpost.com....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join