It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the internet police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i keep bumping into a web page that is blocking sites i want to visit

for instance i was trying to find a proxy for bbci player on my wii but it seems im not allowed to look on specific sites anymore thanks to a web filtering programme my isp has gracefully allowed to monitor my movements

this is 1 link i visited on youtube that got stopped see if you get the same message by clicking on it

heres the link

www.youtube.com...

google is no longer coming up with listings on it and ask is linking me to the same message as youtube

edit on 24-9-2011 by akapapasmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You might try changing the DNS servers that your ISP assigns your network to the internet when activated...

This works for me because my ISP (Comcast) has a DNS filter that will block certain sites..

google "comodo secure dns servers) and it will tell you how to change them.. comodo is a trustworthy and popular firewall and antivirus company that offers secure DNS servers that you can use because ISP's that block sites..
If you do go to a site that has been reported as "unsafe" I get a message saying so with the choice to continue to the site or to not go there...but I am also using their firewall software..

Cheers

edit on 24-9-2011 by alienreality because: eta detail

join