It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Time connected with your body ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Is Time connected with your body ?
Time : wristwatches, do they fail from human vibration or something else ?

tonight i was talking (once again) with my beloved about the enormous waste on watches she has ...
she is buying new watches every two or three month ( sometimes every week )...
ok in can accept that in fashionlikestylee...

the problem is bcz : the watches stop working after few days,

ok back to dealer , replacing battery : everthing fine, but :
after a few days : the watch has stopped...
In one case she returned the watch 5 (!) times to the dealer to change the battery; and he did..
it was a AK watch and not a bargain...
she has tried some but not all brands so far, but this depends on budget...

I have recognized that fact (and it is a fact) since almost 15 years now... (!)

She tried from analog mechanic to fully digitalized versions, trying a swiss chrono...didnt work.
(this one was a chrono from switzerland, returned to factory: no failures, nothing.)

Last week she took of her clock for 2 days,
2 days later on that morning she took her watch, by habit in the bathroom, and two hours later she recognized the fact : the watch didn't work two days ago : now it works (with a time shift )
she said : after a few days not wearing the watch it works always well...

No i was questioning again : did this occure in your youth too, before we have met ?
The answer was : "long time i had no watch, i refused to have a clock but this thing occured since i had a clock..
i was starting to have a wristwatch at the age of 12, having that problem with, but before i have been always in trouble with my alarm clock...

my question is :
does anybody encounter such things ?
Are u unable to ware wristwatches bcz they do not work (for you)?
and another 2nd line . does the bandwith of your mobile depends on who it holds (ok that is worth another thread)

and 3nd : is there any reason for that ?
edit on 24-9-2011 by vatel because: the reason

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vatel

You would think after so many dodgy watches that dont work, she would just stop buying them.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

dodgy ?
she tried from wallmart to swatch,ak and olech ... ???

me do not need a watch, but she does !

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vatel

Get a Tag Heuer. If that doesn't work ill eat my hat.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
From what i know, time is connected to the mind, not to the body.
edit on 24-9-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

i see you do not know olech and swiss chrono...
sry for dat

estimating still, gormandize the peeps on the trigger for some gourmandise.., there is somebody out there with similar experiences or/and facts...
edit on 24-9-2011 by vatel because: do not feed the trolls i know...but it is sensational how fast they are...

edit on 24-9-2011 by vatel because: typos oohh i hate typooos

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Is time connected with out bodies?? I think its more of a perception of our brains.

One thingbis for certain. Gravity has an adverse effect on aging women. Lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Is time connected to our bodies....?

My mind says no, but my back, my knees, and shoulders say....YES!

I can still do everything I did at 28 now that I am 48...it just takes a couple of days to get over it....

Is time connected to the body...Yup!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

but tell me why the watches fail ?
in a technical way...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Is she wearing them when she bathes?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Isnt that a question for... somebody who makes watches? I dont think broken watches falls under conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vatel

Try scientifically testing this situation. Try having your wife wear 5 watches all on the same arm at differnt lengths. you can secure them with string if necesary. Then wear them only at bedtime and sleep. Take them off during the day to prevent acciedental damage to them. Then keep a journal. make sure all the watches are exactly the same. from the same place. I suggest using cheap watches for price. The odds that 5 watches will ALL fail have to be very high. Keep a journal starting the first night having all 5 watches synchronized and every morning log your findings. Are any of the watches out of synch. Did any fail. make sure no electrical sources are near her during the test. Use common sense stuff asmuch as it applies and try and see if there is a real phenomenon here. If it is as you think that her body is somehow causing watches to fail then they should all fail relatively close together if not all at the same time. Get back with us on your results

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vatel

i know a few friends who have the same problem, they cant wear watches cause every time they do the watches die, like the op's wife my friends have tried all sorts of brands of watch's

they all have the same belief that it is electrical somehow from their skin to the watch

i had one friend try an experiment, i asked him to put a thick piece of rubber under the watch between it and their skin to prevent electrical flow,

they said that the watch survived for longer then it usually would, but they werent able to constantly avoid skin contact so it did eventually quit,

op get your wife a watch that isnt worn on the wrist, like a pocket watch, try that, or maybe like my friend try putting rubber under the watch on the skin

top topics

join