HERMAN CAIN for President!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Cain is an ignorant bigot and but kissing Uncle Tom

He is a religious bigot as well and would be a slave to the corporate elite.

This “black man” wouldn’t get many black votes because he is as dangerous to Black people as the KKK.

He has slandered Muslims and is an overt bigot.

For this ignoramus to be president would be a disaster.

I believe anyone who calls a black man an "Uncle Tom" is a bigot. I am offended by that type of comment.

I don't know if you are white or black. If you are black, then shame on you for calling him that. Actually, if you are WHITE, shame on you for calling him that.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

The anti-government sentiment sweeping the country has me scratching my head. I don't always like the police and was once kicked by one. I am a middle aged school teacher, I had not been drinking or doing drugs when he did this, and had spoken not one word to him or anyone around him. I had the flu and a fever, and he kicked me to wake me up I guess, but you better bet when my house gets robbed or vandalized I will call the police. The government may not always do what I want them to do, but that is why we vote. My government is me and my fellow citizens. I live in Texas where some serious vote rigging in the form of gerrymandering has taken place over the last few years. That rigging negated my vote, but I am not ragging on the government over it. I will stand up against the policy of gerrymandering, but I am not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I will vote every time there is an election though I know I cannot win right now in a state designed to help the Republicans win.

I am from Texas, and I am no fan of Rick Perry, but Herman Cain? Please, he doesn't start to know enough to run the country. At least Perry and Romney have run a state. Being a Democrat who is hoping to re-elect President Obama I hope you get Cain nominated because we would bet him much more easily than the other two.

I for one have heard what Cain has to say about medical care and insurance, and as a stage 3 cancer survivor I know a little more about the system than the average person. He is just wrong about everything he says. Yes, we would have to be sure bureaucrats didn't get to tell us "no" when we are in serious need of health care, but we don't have that now. The insurance company told me no several times, and I had great insurance. What happens to the millions who have none. I pay for them to go to the emergency room, and frankly then they die anyway.

We need government. Let's call this anti-government stuff what it is anarchy. You want anarchy. That has never worked anywhere. Good luck being the first. Thank you for your comments. I may not agree with you, but I defend your right to your opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagwarren

I am from Texas, and I am no fan of Rick Perry, but Herman Cain? Please, he doesn't start to know enough to run the country. At least Perry and Romney have run a state. Being a Democrat who is hoping to re-elect President Obama I hope you get Cain nominated because we would bet him much more easily than the other two.

We need government. Let's call this anti-government stuff what it is anarchy. You want anarchy. That has never worked anywhere. Good luck being the first. Thank you for your comments. I may not agree with you, but I defend your right to your opinion.

You don't think I want anarchy, do you? What I want is someone who is not a career politician in our government. Not the same thing.

Respectfully, how can you say you want someone with experience running things and then be an Obama supporter?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

According to a massive class action lawsuit against Aquila’s board of directors – including Cain – he allegedly steered employees into heavily investing their retirement savings in company stock, while at the same time shifting their business model from straightforward energy generation to risky energy trading – the kind of corporate greed that infamously brought down Enron, Mother Jones reports. In the suit, it claims that Cain and other top officials violated a 37-year-old federal law that requires employers to responsibly manage the retirement programs for their employees. Their pensions and life savings were lost.

Trust me when I say, YOU DON'T WANT THIS GUY FOR PRESIDENT! He is shady. He's a liar. He's a puppet. He also uses religion to manipulate the evangelical voters of the nation which really makes me sick.

Oh that's disheartening,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Cain is an ignorant bigot and but kissing Uncle Tom

He is a religious bigot as well and would be a slave to the corporate elite.

This “black man” wouldn’t get many black votes because he is as dangerous to Black people as the KKK.

He has slandered Muslims and is an overt bigot.

For this ignoramus to be president would be a disaster.

That didn't help,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Agreed. We need someone who is:
Not a Lawyer.
Not a Professional Politician.
One who takes the oath to support and defend the Constitution seriously.
One who cares about the People of America more than they care about their bank accounts.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I saw an interview on the news (can't recall which affiliate but Herman Cain was upset that when he was quoted about having a Muslim working in the White House. He said he didn't specifically single out Muslims. He went on to say anyone, "civil servants". He said he did not single out Muslims.

The articles linked on this thread was during the time he was being hammered by our mature and honest MSM. He said they made it a "Muslim" thing when he was talking about having everyone taking an oath to our Constitution.

I knew Herman Cain would shine. He is a humble man and he truly respects people. He is more genuine than any man or woman I know who's been elected, ever.

Perry and Romney need to deflate their egos and go home.

Cain is not a bigot, nor is he using his religion!

Paraphrasing Cain.... I'm not African-American. I'm American and black

Obama has NO chance against Cain!

Honkeys for Herman

edit on 25-9-2011 by sweetliberty because: replace a word with civil servants

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Cain is not a politician and some here have said that is a disqualifier for them since he doesn't know enough.

Tell me, how has those career politicians done so far running our country?

During that first debate I had no idea who Cain was, when he was asked a question on his plan for Afghanistan he made the comment that he did not know enough about it to make an informed suggestion on the going ons over there.

That was the first time I had heard a someone say they don't know during a debate and he won me over right then. He garunteed my vote when he came back the next debate and fully answered the question. It shows that he is not above saying he doesn't know, but is smart enough to study up on those subjects and understand them.

People was sold on change in 08 and they got an idiot who can speak with a velvet tounge. I think its time to implement real change this time around and put a career civilian in the Presidency and send all those career politicians, including Ron Paul, back home.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

During that first debate I had no idea who Cain was, when he was asked a question on his plan for Afghanistan he made the comment that he did not know enough about it to make an informed suggestion on the going ons over there.

Exactly! Cain does his homework. During the debates, it seems like he is the only one literally with a plan. The others just talk.... same thing, different day.

Cain brings the goods to the table. He is a fair man with a heart but he is also very serious, focused and knows the dollar is on life support. He respects the Constitution and what made America the land of opportunity.

[Please God, please allow Cain the opportunity to debate with Obama!
]

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Let's see, he is a

Ex-lobbyist

Ex-Federal Reserve department Chairman

A pizza franchise CEO (btw GF pizza sucks)

The guy wants all Bills to be 3 pages or less. (Doesn't like to read?)

His 666 plan, oops I mean 999 plan would shift the tax burden on the poor and middle class while opening the government up to more abuses by creating a new Federal sales tax. (wtf)

Oh and he seems to hate Muslims.

He would clearly be the perfect tool for tptb.

And on the funny side, does anyone else think he sounds like “The Ladies Man”.

edit on 25-9-2011 by IndieA because: sp.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Lady I AM A PROUD BLACK MAN, if it’s any of your business.

Black people know what we call house Negroes. Cain is a house negro and I will REPEAT:

HE IS AN UNCLE TOM!

Those in slavery who did everything they could to help the master oppress black slaves is the archetype of this man Cain

And this ignoramus and bigot, who said he wouldn’t put any Muslims in his cabinet or they shouldn’t be allowed to build mosques, IS ANTI-AMERICAN, as well.

He is all pro business like those other lunatics in the GOP

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Herman is a man of conviction and respects and defends YOUR freedoms. He is a mover and shaker unlike some who prefer to harbor hate and embrace bondage.

Cain is too busy living life in a forward positive motion, he could care less what another black, white, purple, green person's opinion is of him. He isn't stepping up and leading for the fun of it. He knows hate and negativity has reared it's ugly head and he will do what many men can't or won't do. He will Lead.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Weird how if you go to New Topics it still says this thread has 66 replies, even though it said that 20 minutes ago and 3 replies ago. Just saying. (Subliminal maybe?)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Lady I AM A PROUD BLACK MAN, if it’s any of your business.

Black people know what we call house Negroes. Cain is a house negro and I will REPEAT:

HE IS AN UNCLE TOM!

Those in slavery who did everything they could to help the master oppress black slaves is the archetype of this man Cain

And this ignoramus and bigot, who said he wouldn’t put any Muslims in his cabinet or they shouldn’t be allowed to build mosques, IS ANTI-AMERICAN, as well.

He is all pro business like those other lunatics in the GOP

Your post makes me sad about the future of America.

Should he, as a black man, openly work against white people? Is that preferred?

Do we have to keep up the rhetoric of slavery? I'd really like to move past that.

I think Herman Cain would be really offended at being called an Uncle Tom. I would think that you, as a proud black man, would be offended by the term, as well.

I'm a teacher. I have seen young children, who haven't had a chance to be ruined by society, not CARE about the color of a person's skin. Can we just stop with all of the racism??? If the adults would just SHUT UP about this race and that race, perhaps the children would never learn the divisiveness that talk about Uncle Toms and House Negroes propagates.

What about Martin Luther King, Jr.?

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love Herman, plain speaking .clear thinking well grounded man

Herman 2012 !

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

ARGH! I do not think bigotry has a place in our government either. You twisted my words around. And yes, blacks can definitely be bigots. I live in Georgia...I see examples of this every day.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance (Miriam Webster)

My stance is that he is NOT a bigot. I do not think he treats Muslims with "hatred and intolerance". He wants to thoroughly vet any Muslims before selecting them to be in his cabinet.

QUESTION: Do you deny that there are a lot of Muslims all over the world that HATE America and want to see as many of us dead as possible?

Because if there ARE, then it makes sense to be very careful when selecting members of your cabinet who might harbor secret feelings based on their religious teachings. Sounds more like COMMON SENSE than bigotry.

Your post makes me think that we are at a point when we can't have any sort of discussion about a group without someone calling "bigot."

I see a LOT more bigotry against CHRISTIANS than I do against Muslims (here on ATS...just look at this thread for examples).

Why is is okay to be bigoted against Christians, but the moment someone speaks out, saying that we want to make sure any Muslims we appoint to office don't want to implement Sharia law, that person is the ultimate bigot? Personally, I am weary of seeing the amount of Christian-bashing that goes on. Christians are downright ridiculed on this board, and in the media. THAT is true bigotry. We are mocked for our BELIEFS.

[. . .]

I hope what we've been told is wrong, and that there are not millions of Muslims all around the world who want to kill Americans. Still, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

I didn't twist your words around, you just weren't clear enough. I live in GA, too, but you sure make it sound like you exactly what he thinks and what goes on his mind with comments like "He grew up in segregated GA, He's not a bigot."

And going by your "Webster" definition of bigot, don't you think not allowing a Muslim in your government is pretty intolerant????

From desktop OED:

1.1 The fact or habit of not tolerating or enduring (something); inability, or unwillingness, to tolerate or endure some particular thing; incapacity of endurance.

2.2 spec. Absence of tolerance for difference of opinion or practice, esp. in religious matters; denial of the right to differ; narrow-minded or bigoted opposition to dissent.

Do i think there are Muslims that hate us? I do not deny that some Muslims hate us. We must understand WHY they hate us, which is another discussion in itself, BUT there are also many other people that hate us. However, to look with suspicion upon EVERY Muslim simply BECAUSE that person is a Muslim is one of the biggest problems, even if one wishes to "err on the side of caution." To simply treat someone differently because of one's religious beliefs is not right in America, IMO.

As far as "bigotry" against Christians of which you speak, i'm not sure what you mean, unless you mean they get ridiculed because of the silly things some of them believe that totally contract the face of reality and science...Regardless of one's beliefs, regardless if one is Muslim, Christian, etc...Keep it to yourself!!! All of you!! And do NOT let your beliefs influence the decisions that affect everyone else, especially those that think or believe differently! Period. And again to the Christian bigotry of which you speak: I don't care if you are Christian or Muslim, etc, just keep it outta government!

Bigotry pops up when there is intolerance simply because of one's religion, and is rampant all over the place.

"Any complaints Christians (such as Cain) have about Muslims aren't because of their religious beliefs."

Uh, yeah, they are.

Some feel a particular way about us as a country because of our policies. But the people who may want to a position in government is probably not likely an immigrant from Yemen who grew up radically indoctrinated to hate the US and now wants to get in government and destroy America, it's the guy down the road, your neighbor, who'd been here X number of years living the American dream, as was intended. Are there some who maintain the facade but are secretly radical? Yep, just like there are the same with Christians and any other radical group or person existing, but do we single them out and treat them the same? No, because it's not a sign-post like Islam.

I actually don't think . . . out as many Americans as possible.

You make it seem like we have flocks of radical Muslims trying to weasel their way into government! Or is that just what they've been telling you? Fear Much?

****ATS now has a post character limit? Great...****

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Why kill someone and let them out of their misery?
Christians are no longer heart felt beings.

Right, because your statement above is really heart felt and Christian!

Got to love the double standards of liberals. Anyway, this is OFF TOPIC.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What about if you or me was a Muslim, and this so called great man says : Muslims shouldn’t be allowed to build mosques

Or he wouldn’t put one in his government.

Is that American?

This is a man who tries and goes all out to impress the power structure, and appeal to the power structures prejudices and fears and that power structure mostly is white.
That’s why he is an Uncle Tom.

Because you aren’t black you don’t understand that.

Being black and left out generally and historically out of the mainstream makes us more sensitive to a black man talking about others, in this case Muslims, like they treated us in this country.

If you have no understanding of that then so be it, that’s your problem

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Uh, yeah, they are.

No...Still no. I have no problem with Muslims and their religion. I have no problem with Jewish people and their religion. I have no problem with Buddhist people and their religion. And so on....insert name of any religion.

I have a problem with people who hate America being active in our government.

If that person happens to be Muslim, then I have a problem with them. Guess what...insert ANY religion into that statement, and it is still true.

I guess that means I am bigoted against America-haters who might want to be involved in our government. Even Christian America-haters.

You got me...I am a bigot. And so is Herman Cain. We are intolerant of anyone who hates America.

And by intolerant, I don't mean "hate-filled" intolerance. I don't hate them. I just don't want them in power or making decisions for America.
edit on 25-9-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Herman Cain was Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve.
He is a tool of the banksters. Do NOT vote for Herman Cain, unless you want the theft of your productivity to continue.
The people you associate with determine who you are, and that is all I need to know about Herman Cain.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join