It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERMAN CAIN for President!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So here is a little info on Herman Cain:

graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics and received a Master of Science degree in computer science from Purdue University in 1971, [8] while he was also working full-time in ballistics for the U.S. Department of the Navy. Cain has authored four books: Leadership is Common Sense (1997), Speak as a Leader (1999), CEO of SELF (October 2001), and They Think You're Stupid (May 2005). He also authored an article titled "The Intangibles of Implementation" in the technical journal Int

Now a look at his business reputation:

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of Vice President by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King –a Pillsbury subsidiary at the time –managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him President and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another of their then-subsidiaries.

Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association –a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry –where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's. [9] Cain became a member of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics. [10] Cain was a 1996 recipient of the Horatio Alger Award.

Here is more of what Cain supports:

Cain supports a non-federally subsidized efficient economic stimulus, saying: "We could grow this economy faster if we had bolder, more direct stimulus policies," criticizing President Barack Obama's stimulus plan as simply a "spending bill" instead of meaningful stimulus through permanent tax cuts. [27] In

link: wikipedia

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Kooky is what the media labels him, you're not just going to parrot the media are you? what part of Ron Paul is actually kooky?

If anybody here thinks Cain has a better chance than Ron Paul at the nomination, I don't know what you're drinking but you should lay off that stuff. Even I am a realist and know that RP has a small chance to get this nomination and its going to take mass organization and campaigning from his grassroots to pull off but Herman Cain is next to impossible.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

That doesn't sound to bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Liquesence
Not that i would vote for the guy anyway, but it's stuff like
this that really bothers me, and the support people give and get for such comments and beliefs:

He [Cain] was approached this weekend at the Conservative Principles Conference in Des Moines, Iowa and asked if he would be comfortable appointing a Muslim to be a federal judge or a member of his cabinet. Cain answered, "No, I will not." Then, he launched into a detailed explanation of why. "There is this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government," Cain said.

This is America.

Whether someone is a Muslim or not should not be an issue, and those that think it should be do not deserve to hold an elected or appointed position.

We are Americans. America is not non-secular.

Anyone who thinks like the above quotation does not understand (or care about) America's core principles and does not deserve to lead the country or to make decisions that have the potential to affect the diversity that makes this country what it is.

It's that type of ideological thinking that gets us into the messes we are in.

Herman Cain NOT for president.

You know what? It sounds to me like Cain is not a naive peace-peace let's give our enemies the advantage by putting them in charge of us kind of guy.

I totally agree with him on this. If you want to be a bleeding heart naive person who thinks that we have to be politcially correct go ahead, just don't run for President.

edit on 24-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

You know what?

You completely miss the point. It's not about being *politically correct.* It's about OUR country and the things that make it great, those things upon which it was founded, which are available to us all, regardless of creed. You think that all Muslims are the enemy of the US and are therefore undeserving a place in American life or politics?
Puleeze. That's narrow-minded and ignorant thinking, if you believe such a thing.

And that is the problem, and the point my first comment addressed, and which your subsequent post so gloriously confirms.

Doesn't surprise me if you're a Cain supporter, based upon that reply alone.

Are you familiar with any of the principles upon which this country was founded?

*shrug*

What happened to America? From where did the bigotry come so quickly....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Three points.

3. Cain is entitled not to like Muslims. If you want political correctness re-elect Obama.

Who is Cain?
edit on 2011/9/24 by SteveR because: -

He is entitled to his own opinion, he is free to dislike anyone he wants, but once his dislike of a group influences his decision not to elect someone to the Supreme Court because they are Muslim, purple, short or fat, it doesn't make him a good leader. A good leader tries to treat everyone equally and based on their qualifications/abilities for the job instead of their religion, color, height or weight.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Seriously? Bigotry just popped up in the last 5 minutes? When was there NOT some bigotry in America?????? I think we are better off now than ever before. Are we perfect? No. But look at the progress made in America over just our lifetime.

Herman Cain said what a lot of Americans think. We have been told that Muslims HATE us and want to see us dead. Is it true? Well, many Americans THINK it is, so whether it is true or not, it is common perception.

Herman Cain grew up in segregated Georgia. His parents were domestics. Trust me, he is not a bigot.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wonder who's going to win. It looks like the pretty standard "make-the-other" look bad competition.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here is what he said and why.

HERMAN CAIN, CEO, THE NEW VOICE: Hey, Neil, a reporter asked me would I appoint a Muslim to my administration? I did say no. And here's why. But the reporter didn't tell you this.

I would have to have people totally committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of this United States. And many of the Muslims, they are not totally dedicated to this country. They are not dedicated to our Constitution. Many of them are trying to force Sharia law on the people of this country. And, so, yes, I did say it, and that is because I don't have time to be watching someone on my administration if they are not totally committed nd the Constitution of the United States and the laws of this country. they told you, a prospective Cabinet member in a Cain administration, look, I'm Muslim, but of the above and I would not be necessarily for Sharia law? case,

I would certainly consider that individual. on for saying, no, I wouldn't, was based upon the fact that they are trying to push Sharia law And I'm simply not going to try and be politically correct in order to help facilitate that. ve me a commitment, and they had some very critical skills bring to the administration for and I --I would honor all of the above and I would not be necessarily for Sharia law? CAIN: Then, in that case, I would certainly consider that individual.

link: fox news

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Seriously? Bigotry just popped up in the last 5 minutes? When was there NOT some bigotry in America?????? I think we are better off now than ever before. Are we perfect? No. But look at the progress made in America over just our lifetime.

Herman Cain said what a lot of Americans think. We have been told that Muslims HATE us and want to see us dead. Is it true? Well, many Americans THINK it is, so whether it is true or not, it is common perception.

Herman Cain grew up in segregated Georgia. His parents were domestics. Trust me, he is not a bigot.

Bigotry might have always existed but it has no place among government and elected officials, and just because it has always existed at some point does not make it RIGHT for it to be continued or for policy to reflect it. Murder has always existed too, and war, but we do not write it off because *it's always been around* and therefore acceptable simply because it's been around.
Please see previous posts for the POINT, including the post directly above yours by 2manyquestions.

Just because he says what people THINK does not make it right either. Just because he says what people think?!?!!? Do you believe everything you are *told?* I hope not, because that is the problem. People base their beliefs on what they want to hear, what people tell them that reaffirm their beliefs, and what makes them feel better or scares them. A common perception? A common misperception. And that does not make it right, nor does it make him right.

*shakes head* "He says what many people think." And that justifies it, even if it is wrong??? Gimme a break.

Just because one THINKS something does not make it true. If he is Capitalizing on what people THINK, he also has no place in the position he seeks because he is taking advantage of ignorance. If he believes what he says he also has no place in the position he seeks, either.

ETA: He grew up in segregated GA. So, blacks can't be bigots, too? Gimme a break...

edit on 24-9-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Not necessarily. You are parroting politically correct lines. Cain has his reasons. Just because you are not aware of them doesn't mean they are nonsense.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I have someone else in mind for my Presidential vote.

But, how 'bout Cain as Ron Paul's VP?

He needs to get in line if he wants on the Paul ticket... as soon as the other candidates realize that the people are voting PAUL (no matter what the media says), everyone will be scrambling for the VP spot.

edit on 25-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Okay, first of all I want to congratulate Herman Cain and all of his supporters on their success today. This straw poll looked like an easy win for Rick Perry and I am personally STOKED that Perry (nor Romney!) got it!
Those two guys are such fakes it makes my ears bleed to hear them speak!

Also, Cain's supporters should be applauded. Winning this poll may or may not have involved months of planning. Considering the Delegates that voted had to register back in JUNE to do this. I don't know if they registered knowing they liked him or if it was his personality during the meet & greets this weekend. Either way, his hard work paid off and Rick Perry is licking his wounds.

Sure, I'm disappointed Ron Paul didn't win. But if he had, the MSM would have said the same thing they always do, "This event doesn't even matter! Those Paultards flocked in the buses blah blah blah and stacked the polls. Now they'll go breed in their parent's basements playing WOW until the next Straw Poll!"
Sorry.. got sidetracked by the stupidity of the MSM. I know you all understand. haha

Now, for the part I am most surprised about by those who are against Cain.

I applaud you all for knowing about his FED ties. About calling him out on his issues with the Constitution. (religion) And about his devotion to Israel which would further destroy our nation with the monetary and military aid he would continue sending. Good job! I LOVE seeing people research and know about the candidates.

However, how come no one knows about his Midwest Energy scandal? They compared it to Enron! This guy brags about being a businessman but oddly he NEVER mentions this tidbit on his resume.

A Real Reason To Be Mad At Herman Cain

According to a massive class action lawsuit against Aquila’s board of directors – including Cain – he allegedly steered employees into heavily investing their retirement savings in company stock, while at the same time shifting their business model from straightforward energy generation to risky energy trading – the kind of corporate greed that infamously brought down Enron, Mother Jones reports. In the suit, it claims that Cain and other top officials violated a 37-year-old federal law that requires employers to responsibly manage the retirement programs for their employees. Their pensions and life savings were lost.

Trust me when I say, YOU DON'T WANT THIS GUY FOR PRESIDENT! He is shady. He's a liar. He's a puppet. He also uses religion to manipulate the evangelical voters of the nation which really makes me sick.

Just food for thought... keep up the great work!

As for Ron Paul - He had my vote in 2007/2008. He has my vote now. His consistency won my support and I've dug deep on this guy trying to see if he was a fake like the rest. I can't find a single thing on him. I think that is why so many people are so passionate about him. To the point they refuse to consider any other candidate. We will write him in if the establishment decides to cheat him out. We're not picking between the lesser of the evils again. Not this time. It's Ron Paul or REVOLUTION!

Check out my signature for lots of information on how to help him win the GOP nomination!

ETA - I support Gary Johnson for the VP on Paul's ticket.
edit on 25-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Herman Cain and Federal Reserve

However, if you did some research, you would soon discover that Cain was a Class C director and not allowed to deal with the banking industry. Bet you didn’t know there are 3 clases of directors with different and specific duties.

and as such:

Class C
Three Class C directors also represent the public, but are appointed by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. This adds another layer to the blending of public and private control over the nation’s central bank. The Board of Governors also selects both the chairman and deputy chairman of each regional Federal Reserve Bank’s Board of Directors from among the Class C directors. These directors are highly insulated from banking relationships. They may not be an officer, director or employee of a bank or bank holding company. Additionally, these directors may not own stock in a bank or a bank holding company.

Cain was selected due to his business acumen.

So what else was Cain doing in 1994 besides allegedly screwing us over on banking? Cain sparred with Clinton on “HillaryCare”at a town hall meeting and is know as the saboteur of the Clinton health care proposal.

It was in his capacity as a restaurateur that Cain achieved his first bit of political fame. In April 1994, Bill Clinton was stumping for his health-care bill. At a Kansas town hall, Cain rose from the crowd and said the bill would force Godfather’s to fire part of its workforce. Clinton parried and said Cain would only have to raise pizza prices by 2 percent. Cain, now openly contradicting the president, insisted Clinton was “incorrect.” The blast came as the coalition that might support Clinton’s plan was disintegrating, and the Hermanator—as he was by then calling himself—became a rock star. Cain “wasn’t the bullet” that killed reform, insists Chris Jennings, who was a senior health-care adviser to Clinton. But Newsweek dubbed Cain, not Harry and Louise, one of the “real saboteurs.” from the Daily Beast.

As a Ron Paul supporter myself, I know that the Federal Reserve is considered to be the ultimate evil and bad for America. That being said, I don't think Herman Cain is some sort of Federal Reserve puppet.

Respectfully, I still do not want him as president. The federal reserve is criminal no matter what position you hold in it. Businessman for president? No thanks.

Ron Paul is my choice. I will not settle.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I like Herman Cain. However, he raised his hand to maintain Guantanamo Bay. This really scares me. Why do republitards maintain such hatred and subscribe to such barbaric tactics?

Republicans take a stance biblically for the most part. "Thou shall not kill". Yeah, we really follow that God mandate! Herman is on course with Perry.

There is no justice in killing anyone. Justice is letting a prisoner serve life. Why kill someone and let them out of their misery? Let em rot in jail! It's cheaper!

Christians are no longer heart felt beings. They are blood thirsty and are no different than the Spaniards that conquered south America.

Killing is wrong no matter what.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Herman will be in front of AIPAC before you know it, he will be just another Israeli puppet. I think he's a great speaker but his stance on Israel and the Federal Reserve shows you that he wont be working for your best interests. Even if he is from your home state. (I'm right above you BTW)
edit on 25-9-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In response to the last two posts above me ^^^^

Israel and Guantanamo....

My personal take is that Cain doesn't really want to support Israel or keep Guantanamo but he has to say that to keep the party voters happy.

Just to clarify,
Do I support Israel and Guantanamo? hell no...

Do I support Cain? no.

Do I like him and his presence? yes

Can I trust him based on his record? what record? that is what Ron Paul is for.

Voting for Cain is like voting for Obama, you really don't know what you're getting, and no its not a black thing...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Cain would make a fine POTUS. He has great plans on reforming the tax code and social security. He is strong on national defense and free markets. He is a true conservative, unlike Perry or Romney.

He is also the only analytical left brained (math and logic) candidate running, with a masters degree in computing and bachelors in mathematics. This brings a very fresh perspective to a political world dominated by Right Brains and exactly who we need to crunch numbers in the White House.

This will be an uphill battle due to closet racism throughout the party, but we can work to educate and inform people about the attributes of Cain, explaining how he is a true conservative in the traditional sense and has the skills and abilities needed to get legislation through Congress while getting the nation back on the right track.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Bigotry might have always existed but it has no place among government and elected officials, and just because it has always existed at some point does not make it RIGHT for it to be continued or for policy to reflect it. Murder has always existed too, and war, but we do not write it off because *it's always been around* and therefore acceptable simply because it's been around.
Please see previous posts for the POINT, including the post directly above yours by 2manyquestions.

Just because he says what people THINK does not make it right either. Just because he says what people think?!?!!? Do you believe everything you are *told?* I hope not, because that is the problem. People base their beliefs on what they want to hear, what people tell them that reaffirm their beliefs, and what makes them feel better or scares them. A common perception? A common misperception. And that does not make it right, nor does it make him right.

*shakes head* "He says what many people think." And that justifies it, even if it is wrong??? Gimme a break.

Just because one THINKS something does not make it true. If he is Capitalizing on what people THINK, he also has no place in the position he seeks because he is taking advantage of ignorance. If he believes what he says he also has no place in the position he seeks, either.

ETA: He grew up in segregated GA. So, blacks can't be bigots, too? Gimme a break...

edit on 24-9-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

ARGH! I do not think bigotry has a place in our government either. You twisted my words around. And yes, blacks can definitely be bigots. I live in Georgia...I see examples of this every day.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance (Miriam Webster)

My stance is that he is NOT a bigot. I do not think he treats Muslims with "hatred and intolerance". He wants to thoroughly vet any Muslims before selecting them to be in his cabinet.

QUESTION: Do you deny that there are a lot of Muslims all over the world that HATE America and want to see as many of us dead as possible?

Because if there ARE, then it makes sense to be very careful when selecting members of your cabinet who might harbor secret feelings based on their religious teachings. Sounds more like COMMON SENSE than bigotry.

Your post makes me think that we are at a point when we can't have any sort of discussion about a group without someone calling "bigot."

I see a LOT more bigotry against CHRISTIANS than I do against Muslims (here on ATS...just look at this thread for examples).

Why is is okay to be bigoted against Christians, but the moment someone speaks out, saying that we want to make sure any Muslims we appoint to office don't want to implement Sharia law, that person is the ultimate bigot? Personally, I am weary of seeing the amount of Christian-bashing that goes on. Christians are downright ridiculed on this board, and in the media. THAT is true bigotry. We are mocked for our BELIEFS.

Any complaints Christians (such as Cain) have about Muslims aren't because of their religious beliefs...UNLESS their beliefs involve hating us. I actually don't think that Muslims are taught in the Koran to hate/kill us. I DO think that in many countries they are taught that...but that's a corruption of the message in the Koran. (Just as people corrupt the message of the Bible all the time.) REGARDLESS of the origin of the message, many of them hate Americans. THEREFORE, any intolerance toward Muslims is NOT because of their religion. It is because of the way they feel about us as a country. Remember, most Americans believe that 9/11 was caused by radical Muslims who wanted to take out as many Americans as possible.

I hope what we've been told is wrong, and that there are not millions of Muslims all around the world who want to kill Americans. Still, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I like Herman Cain. However, he raised his hand to maintain Guantanamo Bay. This really scares me. Why do republitards maintain such hatred and subscribe to such barbaric tactics?

I like how Obama closed Guantanamo Bay like he promised he would. Wait.....he didn't? Hmmm.....

edit on 25-9-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: Can't spell Guantanamo

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Cain is an ignorant bigot and but kissing Uncle Tom

He is a religious bigot as well and would be a slave to the corporate elite.

This “black man” wouldn’t get many black votes because he is as dangerous to Black people as the KKK.

He has slandered Muslims and is an overt bigot.

For this ignoramus to be president would be a disaster.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join