It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERMAN CAIN for President!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Former federal reserve chairman no thanks. The only guy up there not just lying and saying what they think people want to hear to get elected and the track record to prove it is Ron Paul!

Why do people think any of these other clowns will do anything but continue the status quo which means sending us the rest of the way off the cliff. Seriously has anyone of them other then Ron presented any real solution? Even if they did they have no credibility in following through....

edit on 24-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by beezzer

Except that ticket wouldn't work. You can't have a former chairman of a Federal Reserve Bank and a man who wants to end the Fed in the same room, can you?
Besides, Cain already said he would choose Gingrich unless Romney threw out his jobs plan and adopted "999".

Why not? Who better to balance each other out?

I think he would NOT end up picking Gingrich. Two Georgians wouldn't work well.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It does not seem Cain was so good in business.

jayraskin.wordpress.com...

Inflation from 1985 to 2001 was 64.5%. In terms of 2002 dollars, the $325 million sales of 1985 would be the equivalent of $534 million at the beginning of 2002. The final sales in Cain’s last year with Godfather’s Pizza, $287 million total, when we compare it with the year before Cain’s arrival, adjusted for inflation, shows that sales at Godfather’s Pizza dropped 46% during Cain’s association with Godfather’s Pizza.

We might see how Cain did in just the years where he was CEO. Adjusting for inflation in 1985 to 1994, to compare it to the last year, 1995, that he was a full time CEO at Godfather’s, $325 million equals $448 million. Thus the drop was from $448 million to $265.5 million. This is a drop of about 41%. Adjusted for inflation, sales dropped by about 41% in the ten years that Herman Cain ran the company as CEO. He had five years where sales decreased and five years where sales increased, but the years that sales increased barely kept up with inflation.

Godfather’s Pizza was bought for 300 million by Diversifoods Inc. in 1983. Pillsbury Inc. bought most of Diversifoods’ restaurants for about $390 million in 1985. Because Diversifoods sold over 300 Burger Kings and other restaurants to Pillsbury, it is hard to know how much Pillsbury actually paid for the 740 or so Godfather restaurants it bought. It was probably $100-150 million. Three years later, after Cain had been managing the restaurants for 2 1/2 years, they sold it to Cain and twenty other managers for $40 million dollars. Cain was sent by Pillsbury to increase the company’s value. He failed miserably. If he had succeeded, Pillsbury would not have sold the company with huge losses.

The goal of a management buyout is generally to quickly return a company to profitability and sell it at a profit. Cain was unable to accomplish this in the next seven years that he ran the company.

Please ask reporters to question Herman Cain about why he doesn’t release his earnings statements from his Godfather Pizza years. He is asking for our vote for president, but not being honest with us about how well he did managing Godfather’s Pizza

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Not that i would vote for the guy anyway, but it's stuff like
this that really bothers me, and the support people give and get for such comments and beliefs:

He [Cain] was approached this weekend at the Conservative Principles Conference in Des Moines, Iowa and asked if he would be comfortable appointing a Muslim to be a federal judge or a member of his cabinet. Cain answered, "No, I will not." Then, he launched into a detailed explanation of why. "There is this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government," Cain said.

This is America.

Whether someone is a Muslim or not should not be an issue, and those that think it should be do not deserve to hold an elected or appointed position.

We are Americans. America is not non-secular.

Anyone who thinks like the above quotation does not understand (or care about) America's core principles and does not deserve to lead the country or to make decisions that have the potential to affect the diversity that makes this country what it is.

It's that type of ideological thinking that gets us into the messes we are in.

Herman Cain NOT for president.

You know what? It sounds to me like Cain is not a naive peace-peace let's give our enemies the advantage by putting them in charge of us kind of guy.

I totally agree with him on this. If you want to be a bleeding heart naive person who thinks that we have to be politcially correct go ahead, just don't run for President.

edit on 24-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I bet ol' Herman is smiling ear to ear tonight as he celebrates his massive victory over the rest of the pack.

I say, congratulations, Mr. Cain. You're a good man. But just remember who won the Iowa Straw Poll....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Herman Cain does not want to get rid of the FED.

Herman Cain does not want to AUDIT the FED.

Herman Cain was a former FED chairman.

From how he appears in the debates and interviews, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, a businessman that wants to use his experience in the private sector to do something but after you see his stance on the FED, it just all goes down the toilet.

Perry's campaign accused Romney's campaign of giving away his delegate votes to Cain to dilute Perry's results in the Florida straw poll.
edit on 24-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

But just remember who won the Iowa Straw Poll....

I really hope you aren't referring to Bachmann, LOL! *hopes you were talking about the very close #2*

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just when i thought it couldnt get any more ridiculous! Now we have went from greasy car salesmen frontrunners to shady ex fed employee israelitist. This just keeps getting more insane by the hour.
edit on 24-9-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Just when i thought it couldnt get any more ridiculous! Now we have went from greasy car salesmen frontrunners to shady ex fed employee israelitist. This just keeps getting more insane by the hour.
edit on 24-9-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

Or we could have 4 more years of the messiah saviour the One hope and change Marxist community organizer Soros puppet

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Perry's campaign accused Romney's campaign of giving away his delegate votes to Cain to dilute Perry's results in the Florida straw poll.
edit on 24-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

What's he going to say, OOPS, I lost?

Sounds exactly like the excuse you'd expect from a loser.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Can you tell how much I dislike Perry?

I'm just so happy someone other than Perry or Romney won. They were my bottom 2 choices, and I have been sickened by the way the media had crowned them champions.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Perry probably put the most effort into Florida so he came out the biggest loser in this case.

He is imploding and now the candidates need to start exposing Romney so we can get the 2 media-darling-pre-chosen-frontrunners completely out of the way.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Perry probably put the most effort into Florida so he came out the biggest loser in this case.

He is imploding and now the candidates need to start exposing Romney so we can get the 2 media-darling-pre-chosen-frontrunners completely out of the way.

I don't know what anyone sees in Perry. As soon as everyone started going on and on about how Perry was entering the Race and was going to be the next President I started being VERY pessimistic about the Republican party in general. Doesn't everyone know about how he supported Al Gore, back (in the not-so-distant-past) when he was a DEMOCRAT?

I'd be happy with Cain or Paul. As a person who leans Libertarian, I could be happy with Johnson (but really, I know he has no chance.) I've liked what Newt has had to say, but he sure does have a lot of baggage.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I bet ol' Herman is smiling ear to ear tonight as he celebrates his massive victory over the rest of the pack.

I say, congratulations, Mr. Cain. You're a good man. But just remember who won the Iowa Straw Poll....

Florida has a strong T Party presence.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
arighty i will chime in here agian with this

1 debate does not a president make

they said bush lost the debates and who ended up being potus.

my pappy always said never count your chickens before they hatched.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Three points.

1. Ron Paul IS a corporatist. Not that this is a bad thing, but a Ron Paul supporter commenting about Cain "geeze just what we need, another corporatist" is silly.

2. Cain may have worked for the Federal Reserve but he supports the gold standard. Understand that the gold standard is the complete opposite of the Federal Reserve system.

3. Cain is entitled not to like Muslims. If you want political correctness re-elect Obama.

Who is Cain?
edit on 2011/9/24 by SteveR because: -

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Herman Cain,, happens to be a brilliant business man! If you want to turn this economy around this is the man to do it. Before being such nay sayers why don't you look at the guys accomplishments.

Ron Paul comes off too kooky for most people to take him seriously. Cain is a long shot but our best bet by far.

links to follow

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sorry, but HC got the sympathy vote for cancer. Not saying that it put him over the top, but I feel it def. helped. Most Floridians are dumb as rocks anyway, trust me. Go off the coast about 10 miles on either side and you enter the twilight zone.

I wouldn't put too much weight on this bird.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by mishigas

Florida has a strong T Party presence.

That's good to hear. It bodes well for the general election.

edit on 24-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So Cain is a no?

I kinda liked him,

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join