It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERMAN CAIN for President!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Since Herman Cain has won the Florida straw poll, can he get the Republican nomination?

Cain upsets Perry

I have liked him all along (being from GA, where he is from!), but I didn't think he had a snowball's chance in you-know-where of getting the nomination.

*He's not "suave".
*He is plain spoken.
*He's not a politician.

Of course, those are the reasons I love him.

I've listened to him on the radio for years, as he would occasionally substitute for Neal Boortz. I've always respected the man.

Now that he has beaten Perry in this straw poll, America is going to have to pay attention to the man.

GO HERMAN CAIN!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The straw poll in Orlando was non-binding and voting was limited to about 3,500 delegates
delegates

Now, who choose these delegates is my concern. A shamed straw poll I say, then again when it is a closed-primary, understandable. I am not concerned about a person's likability. Solutions not to the economic problems, but the core foundation to the under-lying framework of our country has been destroyed. Who needs the constitution when you can do the same routine over and over again till you die. Now, I wanna make my own decisions and have a society who CAN make their own decisions. Its called bottom-up NOT top-down. That is why I vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anyone that was the chairman of the board for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City automatically gets no support from me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autodidactic
Anyone that was the chairman of the board for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City automatically gets no support from me.

Yep. That sounds very troubling. HOWEVER...you need to read this:

Cain and Federal Reserve

This is not a deal breaker for me.

Seriously...would you rather have Herman Cain or one of the other front runners???

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The last thing we need is another corporatist in the white house. We need someone in office that cares about America and is willing to cut off all other nations. He is also on record stating our foreign policy would be if you mess with Israel you mess with the US. In no way would I vote for someone that is willing to send Americans to die for a warmongering nation like Israel. Imo if he feels that strongly about Israel then maybe he should pack his bags and move there.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cain. More of the same. Great, just what we need. The system has been working swimmingly now so why would we even want to try and think about maybe trying to think of changing it? Does that hurt people's heads so much that it just cannot be thought?

Let's keep that status quo train a-rollin', folks!!! Vote for Cain, More of the Same sounds like a good motto for the campaign.

Ugh.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not that i would vote for the guy anyway, but it's stuff like
this that really bothers me, and the support people give and get for such comments and beliefs:

He [Cain] was approached this weekend at the Conservative Principles Conference in Des Moines, Iowa and asked if he would be comfortable appointing a Muslim to be a federal judge or a member of his cabinet. Cain answered, "No, I will not." Then, he launched into a detailed explanation of why. "There is this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government," Cain said.

This is America.

Whether someone is a Muslim or not should not be an issue, and those that think it should be do not deserve to hold an elected or appointed position.

We are Americans. America is not non-secular.

Anyone who thinks like the above quotation does not understand (or care about) America's core principles and does not deserve to lead the country or to make decisions that have the potential to affect the diversity that makes this country what it is.

It's that type of ideological thinking that gets us into the messes we are in.

Herman Cain NOT for president.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If he is not a politician, why is he running for President? I'm sorry, but no truly good man wants the job. If he doesn't know it is a puppet position, shame. If he does, double shame.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Herman Cain and Federal Reserve

However, if you did some research, you would soon discover that Cain was a Class C director and not allowed to deal with the banking industry. Bet you didn’t know there are 3 clases of directors with different and specific duties.

and as such:

Class C
Three Class C directors also represent the public, but are appointed by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. This adds another layer to the blending of public and private control over the nation’s central bank. The Board of Governors also selects both the chairman and deputy chairman of each regional Federal Reserve Bank’s Board of Directors from among the Class C directors. These directors are highly insulated from banking relationships. They may not be an officer, director or employee of a bank or bank holding company. Additionally, these directors may not own stock in a bank or a bank holding company.

Cain was selected due to his business acumen.

So what else was Cain doing in 1994 besides allegedly screwing us over on banking? Cain sparred with Clinton on “HillaryCare”at a town hall meeting and is know as the saboteur of the Clinton health care proposal.

It was in his capacity as a restaurateur that Cain achieved his first bit of political fame. In April 1994, Bill Clinton was stumping for his health-care bill. At a Kansas town hall, Cain rose from the crowd and said the bill would force Godfather’s to fire part of its workforce. Clinton parried and said Cain would only have to raise pizza prices by 2 percent. Cain, now openly contradicting the president, insisted Clinton was “incorrect.” The blast came as the coalition that might support Clinton’s plan was disintegrating, and the Hermanator—as he was by then calling himself—became a rock star. Cain “wasn’t the bullet” that killed reform, insists Chris Jennings, who was a senior health-care adviser to Clinton. But Newsweek dubbed Cain, not Harry and Louise, one of the “real saboteurs.” from the Daily Beast.

As a Ron Paul supporter myself, I know that the Federal Reserve is considered to be the ultimate evil and bad for America. That being said, I don't think Herman Cain is some sort of Federal Reserve puppet.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes we need a oil company in the White House. Hess is the answer to our prayers. Vote oil 2012. Or just vote for thier partner. Godfathers Pizza.

www.hessexpress.com...

edit on 24-9-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

If I had to vote right now, it'd probably be Cain.

I like him. I agree with him mostly on the issues.

ETA; A Cain/Paul ticket would ab-so-lu-te-ly rock!
edit on 24-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Autodidactic

Yep. That sounds very troubling. HOWEVER...you need to read this:

Cain and Federal Reserve

This is not a deal breaker for me.

Seriously...would you rather have Herman Cain or one of the other front runners???

Thank you for that link GG. I like Cain too. Could he do some damage to the Democrat party? I think so. Could he pull back some of the minority vote Republicans had before 08? Very possible. He seems to be pro business(not necessarily Big business) pro free market, and I also heard him on Hannity early in the summer, and I was wowed by his ideas. I think he's more out of the box than he appears. Plus he's pro-defense, another important thing that liberals seem to fall flat on their face about. Sorry we just need a strong defense, and I don't mean going to war.
edit on 24-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

If I had to vote right now, it'd probably be Cain.

I like him. I agree with him mostly on the issues.

ETA; A Cain/Paul ticket would ab-so-lu-te-ly rock!
edit on 24-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Sounds pretty good to me.

Planning the inaugural ball now...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
If he is not a politician, why is he running for President? I'm sorry, but no truly good man wants the job. If he doesn't know it is a puppet position, shame. If he does, double shame.

So you are a fan of the politicians in charge? Mitt Romney and Rick Perry...they are the epitome of "politicians".

I think we need someone who is NOT a career politician.

Obviously, by running for president, he is now in the political arena. But he has not been a career politician like most of the others.

As for the Muslim comments he made, I do think they were misinterpreted. Herman Cain's problem is that he is not always that articulate. He is not a Rock Star politician. I've heard him discuss the Muslim comments and he explained himself very well to me. He's concerned with a radical Muslim who would put his religious ideals ahead of his service to the country. He said that he has no problem with a Muslim who has allegiance to America.

As for him being from Corporate America...I think corporate America can be a part of the solution here in America. American corporations provide jobs for a vast number of Americans. Hating all corporations as a matter of personal policy is a bit much, in my opinion. There are definitely things that can be improved in many corporations, but what would America do without all of them??? It is not realistic to tar them all with the same brush.

I want a president with real business experience. Herman Cain is no community organizer, that is for sure. He has a record of bringing businesses on the brink of failure back into success. He's definitely got what America needs right now, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Except that ticket wouldn't work. You can't have a former chairman of a Federal Reserve Bank and a man who wants to end the Fed in the same room, can you?
Besides, Cain already said he would choose Gingrich unless Romney threw out his jobs plan and adopted "999".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
sorry any one with federal reserve ties

gets zero support from me

thats a deal breaker

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by beezzer

Except that ticket wouldn't work. You can't have a former chairman of a Federal Reserve Bank and a man who wants to end the Fed in the same room, can you?
Besides, Cain already said he would choose Gingrich unless Romney threw out his jobs plan and adopted "999".

You do have a good point. Both have novel ideas. But if not Cain, then who would you pick to go with Paul?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
One reason I have always loved Herman Cain is that he is a FairTax supporter.

When I heard he was promoting his new 9-9-9 plan, I was disappointed that he seemed to have forsaken the FairTax. However, now I understand why he is pushing this new plan.

It would take YEARS for the FairTax to ever become a reality. The 9-9-9 plan he promotes would be immediately implementable, and would allow him to work on getting the FairTax passed.

Anyone who wants to know more about the FairTax should go to: Fair Tax Site

I know many people who *think* they don't like the FairTax because of what they have heard, really like it when they actually read more about it. There are many misconceptions out there about the plan.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well it's hard to say, but there's only 3 options for Paul IMO. That would be Rand Paul (conflict of interest?), Johnson or Huntsman.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I find them all interesting, in a three ring circus kind of way.
I agree that Cain is not very articulate at times, but that's not a problem for me.
There's a lot more to being in office than business acumen, though.
I like Ron Paul, myself, but I'm betting money that we'll see Governor Good Hair in the White House.
Sigh.

ETA: I also think that Paul is controlled opposition, but that's all we're ever going to get.
edit on 24-9-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join