It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain wins Presidency 5 straw poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

ORLANDO — In a stunning upset Saturday, Herman Cain won Florida's Presidency 5 straw poll, a vote of 2,657 Republican activists that in past years has predicated the party nominee. Cain took 37 percent of the vote, with Rick Perry second.

Source

The question remains: Will the MSM play this on the networks nonstop since Ron Paul lost, or will they ignore it since Rick Perry lost?

We'll have to see.

edit on 9/24/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Added news link

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I live in Florida.

I think his win is due to the fact he used to be on the radio here when Neil Bortz was out, so he is known for that.

I can't get over his horrible "666" plan. Oops I mean "999" plan.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
He'll be a very good muppet Im sure, just like the current muppet

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Can't you guys make a post without referring to Ron Paul? Like, maybe analyze how the only non-politician in the group happened to kick everyone else's a$$ -- and that INCLUDES Ron Paul's.

Open your minds. All I've seen here is how Floridians are stupid, how Cain won because he was on talk radio in Fla, yadda yadda yadda.

When Paul wins, it's proof positive that he is on his way to the WH. When he gets pummeled, like in Fla, it's some kind of conspiracy against him.

Oh well, don't worry. RP is bound to win another internet poll and make you happy again!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

From my experience, Ron Paul is to Libertarian for Florida conservatives who tend to like people like Rick (the dick) Scott.

I honestly have not come across one person here in Florida, who has told me they support Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A win for anyone but Perry is a win for Ron Paul. Paul is running a smart campaign. Even though MSM ignores him at this point, he is still gaining popularity especially with the young voters. Once all the neo-cons, shills and idiots are weeded out, he's going to have so much momentum going into the Primaries, he could just pull this off. Sorry to all the anti-Paul people out there if you feel like we're hijacking another thread but our country was hijacked a long time ago and We Want It Back!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Kudos to you, for saying everything I wanted too! I am overjoyed at this win! Cain is absolutely brilliant and would make an excellent President! Finally, somebody got it right!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I thought republicans announced earlier this week (or last week) that they were not participating in straw polls anymore? Or is that only when Ron Paul wins the poll? I guees I should learn more about Herman Cain, but Godfather's Pizza sucks, seriously. I want a president who cares about quality.

Edit- So, in the 2 minutes since I made my original post and this edit, I found out that he is a baptist minister. Done. No way I would vote for yet another guy who thinks the invisible man tells him what to do. Sorry. he is brilliant and he's probably a good man, but the Jesus whacko's have done enough damage as far as I'm concerned. Bush jr. all over again...

Edit 2- He was also a lobbiest (sp?). The lobby system needs to be dismantled, not given more credibility by getting one of their own into the white house. So, for me, I will be lobbying against him when the topic arises.

edit on 24-9-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't see how Ron Paul getting 10% is considered pummeled since all of the Ron Paul haters saying Ron Paul ONLY has 10% support in America, if the numbers don't get below the numbers that even the haters agree to, it isn't a loss, it is consistency.

And to clarify my position on all of this, CA/Iowa straw poll victories wasn't a direct indication of popularity but an indication of grassroots organization. The Florida win for Cain is both an indication for his popularity in California and early campaign organization.

Cain had a big showing of support in Florida but I personally don't see it too much outside of Florida and Georgia (where he won the straw poll as well and is popular in both states for his radio show).

Now, does Cain have a chance at the nomination? It is even less likely than Ron Paul and RP has a lot of work ahead of him but at least he is polling well in early primary/caucus states. That is a fact so don't start rampaging throughout ATS about the online polls, it is old.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I don't see how Ron Paul getting 10% is considered pummeled since all of the Ron Paul haters saying Ron Paul ONLY has 10% support in America, if the numbers don't get below the numbers that even the haters agree to, it isn't a loss, it is consistency.

Cain pummelled everybody, not just Paul. I didn't look up averages, etc., so Ron Paul is just another name on the ballot to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yes, Cain won, it is obvious, nobody can take that away from you and nobody is trying to. You said RP got pummeled, I say he was consistent and the numbers don't back up your statement but they do back up mine.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
A win for anyone but Perry is a win for Ron Paul. Paul is running a smart campaign. Even though MSM ignores him at this point, he is still gaining popularity especially with the young voters. Once all the neo-cons, shills and idiots are weeded out, he's going to have so much momentum going into the Primaries, he could just pull this off. Sorry to all the anti-Paul people out there if you feel like we're hijacking another thread but our country was hijacked a long time ago and We Want It Back!

The media will blackout Paul, like they are doing right now, and he will be a non factor.

I feel for the Paul supporters. On the day that they realize that they have no control or say about what happens in this country, just like every other civilian, it will be quite the cold morning. The oatmeal will taste a tad bitter. The sun will not shine.

new topics

top topics

join