It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Zeus Shield"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by redflag
Oh, you are a arrogant american,some americans like to say ' you stolen our technology , it seems everything in the world were invented by american. they forget the american history is only severy hundreds years.
there were many great discover and invention on aspect of every science before the US founded.This great science discover belongs to whole world and human. according to your logic, The powder was invented by chinese, but it is used in all the world include USA now , Should we say that the american stolen the technology of China?

< The points you make on scientific discovery are valid, yet I believe the underlying point was to use the model of modern American technology as a base and or inspiration for China and the former Soviet Union. Would you disagree that there have been recorded/documented incidents of stolen western technology? When you say Arrogant American, I suppose that is understandable, but would you also deny that we americans did develop the technology behhind the Aegis missile system 2 to 3 decades before anyone else? ... and that there is a historical prededent for the other two superpowers to "borrow" from our research? Please keep in mind that as far as military technology, it appears that others steal much more from us than we do from them... so to be fair, first ask why is that? >

LCKob

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Only America and countries who have ships with SPY-1 radars have Aegis ships while all other countries Aegis ships are just in the Aegis class. Aegis is a name given to a combat system developed by the Americans which integrates all sensors, weapons and command systems into one network using a supercomputer. Only America and American allies with SPY-1 radars have Aegis ships, any other are only Aegis classed.

Now let me explain why Aegis in Chinese is called Zeus Shield. Aegis was the armour worn by the Gods of Greek Mythology (Zeus and his bunch), now in English, there is a name for the armour which is called Aegis but there isn't one in Chinese so we just named it Zeus Shield after the people who wore it. So from now on whenever you hear Zeus Shield, think of Aegis.

Yes, we all know that Generally China is behind America in terms of military technology by 20 years however China is catching up quick and people in the CIA think that China could be on America's equal terms in 30-35 years so basically by 2040, China should be somewhat on par to America. Its a LONG LONG time, anything could happen and anything could change, so let us sit tight and wait for the truth behind those words.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Huh? What is this zeus shield? I can't see any of the pics

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan

Yes, we all know that Generally China is behind America in terms of military technology by 20 years however China is catching up quick and people in the CIA think that China could be on America's equal terms in 30-35 years so basically by 2040, China should be somewhat on par to America. Its a LONG LONG time, anything could happen and anything could change, so let us sit tight and wait for the truth behind those words.

Yes, that seems reasonable, but what I wonder is this:

If we KNOW that country x is say 2 decades behind in technology, and we have a reasonably healthy economy ... enough for sustaining cutting edge R& D for the military ... then would this "catchup" be more variable and tenuous than the estimate of 30 - 35 years?

Granted, if America rests on its technological laurels so to speak then yes, it would be inevitable that other countries would catch up in relative short order...

... but...

... if we continue a vigorous and progressive developement program for new technologies then I would say the above figures may be to aggresive.

... to be honest, given present and projected millitary spending I really don't see America going to "sleep" anytime soon ... in fact, given the reality of China ... its more like "heightened state of awareness and consequent preparedness".

LCKob

[edit on 14-7-2005 by LCKob]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Developing newer technology costs much more than to play catchup to a technology that already exists and takes more time than playing catchup. US might spend 70 billion dollars a year on cutting edge R&D but spending money on theories and things that have never existed before costs much more and takes much more time. Say that X country is behind America currently by two decades, America shall invent things that have never existed before and shall advance 10 years in the next ten years but X country shall advance 15 years through obtaining foreign help and learning from copying already existing designs and theories. I hope you get what I'm saying. But in some point in time, X country would have to spend money on cutting edge tech too because it has caught up with the rest of the world then the difference shall be seen between the countries, have country X learned from the years of copying and start to develope its own indegnous designs or do they have to keep on copying other in service designs and remain a constant few years behind the top dog. I know my english isn't adequate to explain things like this but try and understand what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Oooo scary a bunch of Chinese ships
I especially love the 90 degree angle on its sides. you can pick that thing off a long distance away with its flat sides the radar wave will bounce back to you undisrupted, boy those Chinese are smart

CG-47 Ticonderoga-class
external image

yeah 90degree angles

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
CG-47 is a 1970's design, while DG-51 for example which has a stealthy design is from the 1980's.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
westpoint made a comment about the shape of the chinese destroyer being 90degrees. i pointed out how american destroyers/cruisers look like

70s design??.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Developing newer technology costs much more than to play catchup to a technology that already exists and takes more time than playing catchup. US might spend 70 billion dollars a year on cutting edge R&D but spending money on theories and things that have never existed before costs much more and takes much more time. Say that X country is behind America currently by two decades, America shall invent things that have never existed before and shall advance 10 years in the next ten years but X country shall advance 15 years through obtaining foreign help and learning from copying already existing designs and theories. I hope you get what I'm saying. But in some point in time, X country would have to spend money on cutting edge tech too because it has caught up with the rest of the world then the difference shall be seen between the countries, have country X learned from the years of copying and start to develope its own indegnous designs or do they have to keep on copying other in service designs and remain a constant few years behind the top dog. I know my english isn't adequate to explain things like this but try and understand what I'm saying.

Actually your english is perfectly comprehensible, I congradulate you on your mastery ... and I understand the point you are making - it does make sense.

Thanks for the elaboration.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
hmm..

Zeus Shield?? Defensive I'm sure.. Then how come the 170s etc are tagged as "long range" destroyers??
How "long" is this "long range"..

PLAN :
Centric around invasion and defence of taiwan/mainland.. no more..(except for the SLBM capable subs)..

NOt a bad plan for the abv mentioned goals...!!

Get the pun?? PLAN=plan!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
there are a number of long-range ships in the PLANs inventory. the reforms the PLAN is going under is changing it from a defensive force to becoming a more offensive force.

people are still reading old articles about how the PLAN is comprised with small destroyers unable to deploy far away from their own home ports. in reality china has more supply ships than india france and britian combined.

wait 10 more years. you will find a very different PLAN. smaller and a lot more modern

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LCKob

If we KNOW that country x is say 2 decades behind in technology, and we have a reasonably healthy economy ... enough for sustaining cutting edge R& D for the military ... then would this "catchup" be more variable and tenuous than the estimate of 30 - 35 years?

the development cost for already developed technology is a fraction of the cost to develop it. and time. you already know what you want how it looks like. and what it should do

Granted, if America rests on its technological laurels so to speak then yes, it would be inevitable that other countries would catch up in relative short order...
... if we continue a vigorous and progressive developement program for new technologies then I would say the above figures may be to aggresive.

... to be honest, given present and projected millitary spending I really don't see America going to "sleep" anytime soon ... in fact, given the reality of China ... its more like "heightened state of awareness and consequent preparedness".

if american spends 5 times more than china on RnD it doesn't mean that its going to be 5 times more advanced than china. how can you pay for those RnD cost it you dont sell them. and when they sell them on the commerical market other countries will now know the tech

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

the development cost for already developed technology is a fraction of the cost to develop it. and time. you already know what you want how it looks like. and what it should do

if american spends 5 times more than china on RnD it doesn't mean that its going to be 5 times more advanced than china. how can you pay for those RnD cost it you dont sell them. and when they sell them on the commerical market other countries will now know the tech

Yes, I think that point was made ... so lets now assume that there is basic parity of technology ... I suppose the next phase would be an arms race similar to the one between the U.S. and the Soviets?

In essense, the russians went bankrupt in this competition ...

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yes, I think that point was made ... so lets now assume that there is basic parity of technology ... I suppose the next phase would be an arms race similar to the one between the U.S. and the Soviets?

LCKob

if there was going to be a arms race it would be a lot different. during the cold war there was very little economic interaction between the soviet block and the western block. the chinese and western economies are much more intergated.

the russian economic style was very wasteful and unproductive. chinas economy is more productive and competive . they produce things by market demands. eventually chinese companies are going to be the world leaders in inovation.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

eventually chinese companies are going to be the world leaders in inovation.

*gasp*

Yeah they are currently the world leareds in reverse engineering and copying; that's a good start isi'nt it ??

and what do suppose will the other companies from all the rest of the world would be doing ??

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

there are a number of long-range ships in the PLANs inventory. the reforms the PLAN is going under is changing it from a defensive force to becoming a more offensive force.

people are still reading old articles about how the PLAN is comprised with small destroyers unable to deploy far away from their own home ports. in reality china has more supply ships than india france and britian combined.

wait 10 more years. you will find a very different PLAN. smaller and a lot more modern

Dude.. but you forget that the PLAN is virtually blockaded by the wrold's most powerful NAvy .. the USN.. Ten years or 50.. the chinese will not be able to deploy more than 500km of their eastern coast as long as the USN is there..

Those supply ships supply what??The DDGs. But how far can those DDGs go uncontested?? Again not more than 500km.. I think you're confusing them for troop carriers which china has obv packed in plenty considering their.. ahem.. peaceful intentions towards taiwan..

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

LCKob

if there was going to be a arms race it would be a lot different. during the cold war there was very little economic interaction between the soviet block and the western block. the chinese and western economies are much more intergated.

the russian economic style was very wasteful and unproductive. chinas economy is more productive and competive . they produce things by market demands. eventually chinese companies are going to be the world leaders in inovation.

Well, here is to the future competition then
Keep in mind that America responds very well to external pressure or threat ... and innovation is built into our cultural psyche ...

Actually IMO the way to hurt the U.S. is to lull us into a complacent sleep and quietly supplant us ... any active or visible threat can and will be dealt with accordingly.

... and would you not admit that given the global situation of today ... the glaringly obvious candidate for this is China (as viewed by the U.S.)?

Basic problem solving methodology:

1. Accurate appraisal of situation or problem - completed.
2. Strategy to minimize/eliminate problem - pressent situation.

hmmmm ... well at the very least it should be interesting.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

70s design??.

Ordered - Sep 22, 1978
Commissioned - Jan 22, 1983

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

*gasp*

Yeah they are currently the world leareds in reverse engineering and copying; that's a good start isi'nt it ??

and what do suppose will the other companies from all the rest of the world would be doing ??

no compaine started off with their own designs or own inventions. look at the big companies today. GM started of building the car which the germans designed. japanese compaines first produced american deisgned motorbikes and recorders. now they design their own bikes build new high-tech gear.

currently china is the largest produced of electirc goods. when you get to aq certain point where you company is very large you will start to invest in RnD.

if you want some china - bashing i will start india bashing

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Dude.. but you forget that the PLAN is virtually blockaded by the wrold's most powerful NAvy .. the USN.. Ten years or 50.. the chinese will not be able to deploy more than 500km of their eastern coast as long as the USN is there..

Those supply ships supply what??The DDGs. But how far can those DDGs go uncontested?? Again not more than 500km.. I think you're confusing them for troop carriers which china has obv packed in plenty considering their.. ahem.. peaceful intentions towards taiwan..

??? If your not at war whos going to block your ships from going out into the ocean?

whos going to contest you in international waters.?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join