Muslim nations demand Israel open its nuke program to IAEA viewing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I can guarantee you that they have used cluster bombs and white phosphorus on civilians in civilian areas which is illegal.

Very wrong actually - care to show where screening WP is illegal to use? Of course you cannot!

Actually, yes I can. Sorry if Wikipedia isn't a good enough source for you. Feel free to find other sources that support or contradict the one I provided.

Arms control status and military regulations

There are multiple international laws that could be seen to regulate white phosphorus use.[73] Article 1 of Protocol III of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons defines an incendiary weapon as 'any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons through the action of flame, heat, or combination thereof, produced by a chemical reaction of a substance delivered on the target'. The same protocol prohibits the use of said incendiary weapons against civilians (already forbidden by the Geneva Conventions) or in civilian areas.

Spent shells prove Israeli use of white phosphorus, Gaza doctors say

Remnants of an Israeli white phosphorus shell, identified by the marking on the outer casing — M825A1 — have been found in the village of Sheikh Ajilin in western Gaza. Witnesses in Gaza said that the shell was fired on January 9 and was taken indoors as evidence. They recalled seeing thick smoke and smelling a strong odour in keeping with the garlic-like smell associated with white phosphorus. Hebrew writing on the shell casing reads “exploding smoke” — the term the Israeli army uses for white phosphorus. Doctors who examined the shell said that it appeared to include phosphorus residue. Residents said that they suffered burns on their feet when they walked where the shelling had taken place.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
that Israel has in fact threatened countries with nuclear annihilation..

And countries around Israel, including Iran have threatened to destroy Israel - but you ignore that!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Are you willing to put your neck out and state that the PLO and terrorsist nation will not use children and women for suicide bombers?

No, I am not. I am willing to admit that Palestine has some extremists that need to be dealt with. I am not blind with my opinion. I do not let my bias influence me from thinking clearly. That is the difference between me and you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I can guarantee you that they have used cluster bombs and white phosphorus on civilians in civilian areas which is illegal.

Very wrong actually - care to show where screening WP is illegal to use? Of course you cannot!

It is not illegal by international law, but that doesn't make it right. Do you know what effects WP has on the human body?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

that Israel has in fact threatened countries with nuclear annihilation..

And countries around Israel, including Iran have threatened to destroy Israel - but you ignore that!

I wouldn't ignore it if YOU could show actual proof..

That speech has been debunked as being mistranslated so many times that you guys hanging onto the lie are getting plain boring..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

The countries that did indeed sign the treaty and then proceeded to violate that very promise are the ones that fit the definition of hypocrisy.

Really?
Even today Israel refuses to acknowledge that they have nukes...
You know why??

Because then they couldn't leach off the US taxpayer as US law states the US can not aid a nuclear armed country that has NOT signed the treaty..

Pretty much that means that Israel is STEALING from the poor US taxpayer..
And the silly Government calls them an ally??

I really think you are misdirected about theft from the US taxpayer - why not go after the real crooks like BAC, CITI, and their ilk on Wall-street who have bilked you of almost everything. The aid to Israel pales in comparison - how about stopping the taxpayer funding of 600 million plus to the Palestinians - you for that too!

Answer me this,

If Israel is over-run are you to cry for the widows and orphans or will you gleefully declare an Arab spring - what kind of special nutcase does one have to be to wish for the annihilation of a particular group over another, what sickness do you have to suffer from on order to promulgate this deed?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Israel is not a signatory to the treaty because denying having the nukes enables them a lot more options when it comes to using them.

The main reason why the people who favourably compare Turkey's military forces to Israel's, haven't got a clue.

Israel would be the most likely country of all to reach into the WMD cabinet if the SHTF.

They can demand all they like.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Answer me this,

If Israel is over-run are you to cry for the widows and orphans or will you gleefully declare an Arab spring -

I know this wasn't asked of me but yes, I would weep for that. The Israelis just want a normal life like anyone else. I've never said differently AND I can point to Israeli organizations that are disgusted with the way the Knesset is running things. Google Machsom Watch.

You make a good point. It's about the people, not the nuts that run their respective gov'ts. Hamas? A terrorist organization? Hell yeah. An elected entity now though. The Knesset? A terrorist organization? Hell yeah, elected too and it's time that people see what they are. It's a pissing contest and the people are suffering for it on both sides. Bastards.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Actually, yes I can.

No you cannot - you do not understand the use of WP, nor the different types - as has been discussed here before.

Arms control status and military regulations

There are multiple international laws that could be seen to regulate white phosphorus use.[73] Article 1 of Protocol III of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons defines an incendiary weapon as 'any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons through the action of flame, heat, or combination thereof, produced by a chemical reaction of a substance delivered on the target'. The same protocol prohibits the use of said incendiary weapons against civilians (already forbidden by the Geneva Conventions) or in civilian areas.

So let us look at Wikipedia and we find

The shell is not defined as an incendiary weapon by the Third Protocol to the Convention on Conventional Weapons because its principal use is to produce smoke to protect troops.
en.wikipedia.org... that Human Rights Watch had no evidence that Israel was using incendiaries as weapons

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Ahh the usual crap that others do it too so it's OK..

If Israel is over-run are you to cry for the widows and orphans or will you gleefully declare an Arab spring - what kind of special nutcase does one have to be to wish for the annihilation of a particular group over another, what sickness do you have to suffer from on order to promulgate this deed?

I dislike the actions of the Israeli Government..
I wish the Israeli people all the best and hope they eventually find peace..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood.
She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow so she took the snake home and nursed it back to health ,and looked after the snake ,but then ,one day the snake bit her on the cheek.

As she lay dying ,she asked the snake "Why have you done this to me ,i helped you?" And the snake answered "Look ,bitch ,you knew I was a snake."

Not only did Israel hide its nuclear program ,it was also found out that they had them pointed at major western cities. ??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

It's actually a fable by Aesop:

Scorpion and the Frog.

The lesson still hasn't been learned:

Variations commonly include a farmer, youth, turtle, or fox in place of the frog, and a snake in place of the scorpion. The Farmer and the Viper is a specific variant that can be attributed to Aesop. There is also a variation[1][2] in which the final words of the scorpion are "It is better we should both perish than that my enemy should live."

en.wikipedia.org...

Helluva way to run a railroad. :shk:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i seem to remember reading a declassified document from the air force that discussed the threat that israel made against United States involving these nuclear weapons....the document made it quite clear that it was in the United State's best interest to be quite cordial to israel due to these threats........i'll go forthwith and try to find the link.....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Answer me this,

If Israel is over-run are you to cry for the widows and orphans or will you gleefully declare an Arab spring -

I know this wasn't asked of me but yes, I would weep for that. The Israelis just want a normal life like anyone else. I've never said differently AND I can point to Israeli organizations that are disgusted with the way the Knesset is running things. Google Machsom Watch.

You make a good point. It's about the people, not the nuts that run their respective gov'ts. Hamas? A terrorist organization? Hell yeah. An elected entity now though. The Knesset? A terrorist organization? Hell yeah, elected too and it's time that people see what they are. It's a pissing contest and the people are suffering for it on both sides. Bastards.

Well freaking said, intrepid

You are the same as the way back machine said you are, ya common sense.

Which essentially puts us on common ground coming from different viewpoints - extremism is bad, extremism nuclear armed is evil.

Will they use it? unfortunately I don't think they can help themselves at this point.l want those that have chosen sides in this to realize their own personal responsibility when the SHTF.

That is why I post a somewhat contrary view when these types of posts come up - altruism would have posters giving solutions to the mid-east situation not more angst and war- mongering

This board is advanced enough to have folks offering solutions or ideas, not ways to destroy one another - what's up with that?
edit on 24-9-2011 by Phoenix because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

that Human Rights Watch had no evidence that Israel was using incendiaries as weapons

Wrong !!!

www.guardian.co.uk...

This article actually has a timeline on Israels lies about the use of WP

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

backinblack, honestly if you were an Israeli citizen - which you and I are obviously not, how would you feel with the knowledge discussed on this thread.

What would you feel?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

backinblack, honestly if you were an Israeli citizen - which you and I are obviously not, how would you feel with the knowledge discussed on this thread.

What would you feel?

i can tell you how i would feel. i would feel the same way i do now about the atrocities that the U.S. is guilty of everday, and that is, i am appalled by them and am ashamed to be a citizen of such a cruel and inhumane country.....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

I am feeling so sorry for you - it hurts.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Actually, my post was written directly in response to the questions/false accusations made against past and present Israeli regimes with respect to alleged military aggression. Furthermore, the evidence I provided to substantiate my position on the matter is irrefutable, based on a historical account of World War II and the Intafada.

Typically, you have no recourse other than to resort to ad hominem attacks in the absence of a valid rebuttal. I would expect no less. Ignorance breeds contempt.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by patternfinder

I am feeling so sorry for you - it hurts.

i apologize for causing you to feel that way
twasn't my intention to hurt you.....i just believe that morality should trump national loyalty any day....wouldn't you agree?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join