Florida Straw Poll 9-24-2011 - The Case for Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This took place just about an hour ago.

The ballots have just been handed to the delegates, and the vote is taking place.

The speaker in the videos talks about how Ron Paul is being ignored by the MSM, his values, and how electable he actually is.

Here's to hoping he does well in this one too.

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would just love to see MSM fall flat on their pointy little heads, if Paul did win the Primary. Guess they'd have to say something then Or, they could just cover Jersey Shores or Dr. Drew...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm going crazy! I can't stand the suspense here! Knowing the Ron Paul supporters had to be registered back in June makes me a bit nervous. I can only hope those of us down there were prepared. I just asked GetReadyAlready about the results too. I really hope Dr. Paul wins this. Mostly because the Governor of Florida said whoever wins will be the GOP nominee and I would LOVE to see the faces of the MSM if he wins this poll.

Tho then they'll come back and say it's another meaningless poll.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Man, would someone just nuke DC and get this over with?

It would be amazing to actually have a system as it was laid out for us by those who gave their lives to establish it rather than the one that has been co-opted and turned into the heinous den of vipers that it has become.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It would be amazing to actually have a system as it was laid out for us by those who gave their lives to establish it rather than the one that has been co-opted and turned into the heinous den of vipers that it has become.

I've had a similar thought for many years. I belive the president should have most of his powers stripped, or reigned back in to what the constitution gives him. Head of state and commander of the military. All other govenment power should be vested in congress. I also belive that only active duty/retired/veterans should be able to vote in a presidential election. All federal agencys having anything to do with security should be abolished and be put under military command. FEMA, FBI, DEA, Border patrol, ect, ect. The national guard should be what it sounds like, guardians of our nation. They should do all federal policing including border security. No international intervention by the guard, only active duty forces. Terms of service should be 2 years for the guard, 6 years for active duty. No more weekend warrior crap. Full time national guard to provide above mentioned federal duties. After 2 years you can vote for life in presidential elections. Congressional elections would not change from now. All citizens would vote for their representative.
Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Herman Cain won! At least it wasn't Rick NWO Perry!

www.livestream.com... (live feed)

edit on 24-9-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-9-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Cain took Florida in a landslide..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Well it seems, lots of stupid people in Florida...

Some things never change.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Being a Floridian and avid Ron Paul supporter, I see a lot of hope in these numbers. I thought I was living in the land of the Neocon. In this light, the relatively poor showings by Perry/Romney indicate to me that the old school GOP is in trouble here. As well they should be.

Being a delegate cost $175 and your name was picked randomly from a list of Republicans that knew enough about the Fl Straw poll to pre-register for the chance to be a delegate. The process IMHO favored the establishment candidate.

I personally can't wait to change my voter registration after my January Primary vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Terrible showing for Ron Paul.

I think he is done.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Perry's campaign is accusing that Romney had his delegates vote for Cain to dilute Perry's results.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Terrible showing for Ron Paul.

I think he is done.

So you DO think straw polls matter then? Or do they just matter when Paul isn't in the top 2? Make up your mind because you certainly haven't taken any of the other straw polls seriously.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You would being the RP troll that you are.

If you actually bothered to look at what happened vs trolling, you would realize you are dead wrong.

Ron Paul didn't even speak before the straw poll, he didn't put any organization into it now that he is focusing on actual campaigning in New Hampshire and Iowa where polls have him in 2nd place.

reply to post by Wookiep

you surprised at all? I count the ATS Ron Paul trolls with the fingers on my hands, they don't even make a prick of a difference in the Ron Paul movement.
edit on 24-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I just find it interesting how they are always yelling "straw polls are useless"! And they yell "internet polls are useless!" and they always talk about how "realclearpolitics" is the only honest poll on the planet, yet when his numbers continue to rise even there, it's totally ignored.

I'll bet you that if Cain did well on some online polls, all the Paul haters would come in and say "Ron Paul is done, Cain just won this internet poll!" Hypocrites. So internet polls DO mean something??
I would have much more respect for these people if they just came out and admitted that their only argument is that they don't like Ron Paul.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

I just find it interesting how they are always yelling "straw polls are useless"! And they yell "internet polls are useless!" and they always talk about how "realclearpolitics" is the only honest poll on the planet, yet when his numbers continue to rise even there, it's totally ignored.

I'll bet you that if Cain did well on all online polls, all the Paul haters would come in and say "Ron Paul is done, Cain just won this internet poll!" Hypocrites. So internet polls DO mean something??
I would have much more respect for these people if they just came out and admitted that their only argument is that they don't like Ron Paul.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Agreed, there has been so many failed attempts at hurting Ron Paul's reputation here on ATS that when they run out of things to say, they'll cycle it all over again.

Keep it up Carseller, it's going to take way more than that to budge a movement backed by truth and genuine passion.
edit on 24-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Romney forced his state citizens to purchase their healthcare and Perry gives away tax payer money to illegals?
Why would I vote for either of these putz's?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I concur. If you listen to RP haters only you would think RP eats live babies straight from the womb.

OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. Slight.

The venom spewed towards RP is truly amazing at times and the cherry picking of facts/polls, well, it's priceless. Gotta love how history can be written before it even happens by saying RP is unelectable. Orwell would be proud.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I was about to reply to the R.P. hater-bot about 3 posts ago, and I kid you not, lightning hit my house, my computer shut down, and the skies opened up like I've never seen. Has to be some kind of sign, I tell ya. Now if I can only figure out what it says.

I'm as perplexed as anyone how Santorum even registered above 3%, but I can tell you one thing...
If CS4's boy Perry gets shoved through, it's the U.S. that's gonna' be done.

Watching the event throughout the day, Cain did get some thunderous cheers from the crowd, and I still say Paul should have played the running mate game and chose him or Johnson at the end of the debate the other night.

edit on 24-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul can't even beat Santorum. What's up with that?
Where's RP supporter?

GOP debate and Florida straw poll to ’separate wheat from the chaff’

“Florida is the ultimate state,” said Rollins. “If you don’t win Florida, you’re not going to win the presidency if you’re a Republican. At the end of the day, it’s a state where people pay attention.”

Unlike the better-known Iowa straw poll, Florida’s has more of a tendency to anoint the ultimate party winner. And campaigns can’t as easily stuff the voting booth with supporters.

A very big loss for ron paul, it's almost impossible for him to recover, I believe he's done, it's over.

Unless of course tptb themselves want rp to be in charge.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join