It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday comes...or NOT.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Elenin was supposed to be mass doom and gloom...I wasn't sure so I've listened carefully and followed along, just in case.

The Palestinians going for official status on what has been at the heart of at least 3 MAJOR regional wars logically spoke to a likelihood for violence. Given all else going on in that region with other nations? War seemed entirely possible. So, I've watched and listened carefully.

Nibiru was supposed to be around a year out from here by now....that's well inside the Solar System unless it also gets a waiver from typical behaviors of things we see in space, and is somehow in a warp speed mode. Another case of all flash and no spark? Sure looks like it.

The point here is.....I'm one who is about exhausted with entirely new and different ways to scare each other with future events that look possible, but never happen.....EVER. I'm giving this until Wednesday, and if nothing has occurred through the Middle East, Sept 27th, Elenin, UARS debris, Homeland Security running 3 VERY LARGE domestic drills this weekend/week at the same time, 2 rather odd space launches from two different world powers and whatever else I have missed then I'm calling this area of focus quits.

There is a point where it's like a gambling illness...Doubling down for the next theory to justify the embarrassment from the last failed one. Sept looked like too much to be coincidence in many unrelated directions, so it's been worth the effort to wait and see....to watch carefully, one more time.

The weather channel at least gets it right ONCE in awhile. So far though, predictions on these other things are 0/0 and running a 100% perfect failure rate. Even NASA can't match that rate of being wrong. A few more days to this major confluence of dates and events...we'll see. No bang? No more interest from this Rabbit. Certainly not for the 'lets pull a theory out of thin air' conspiracy ideas.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
wasn't the Elenin dates September 27th and October 28th?
Edit: Elenin might not be what causes the end of the world but im sure the markets collapsing or humans nuking each other will be. I think if we make it past november 11th just fine then we will be fine for another year lol
edit on 24-9-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That's the whole idea and psychology behind "cry wolf" and "chicken little" tactics. To wear you out. That way you either won't care anymore, or you'll drive yourself over the edge.

Don't give them either one. Be aware of what is going on, but don't build your life around it, or invest in it emotionally. I keep an eye on all the events you mentioned, and more. Because I know the day is coming when we will all be accusing someone of crying wolf, and fear mongering, and that will be the one time we should have listened.

You just have to find a balance.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah, Elenin was supposed to make it's big arrival on October 16-17 with a distance of 20-30 million kilometers. After passing STEREO-B on July 31st at a mere 7 million kilometers without so much as a murmur in the probe's course or telemetry, Elenin was pretty well proven a dud and non-event that far back.

It isn't just Elenin...and the world is hardly in good shape regardless. The Doomsday nonsense has about run it's course though. I don't have to wait to Dec 2012 to see that effects of a planet/star like Nibiru would have should be so obvious by this point in time, my kid should know something is wrong looking through a Walmart telescope.

I like ATS. It's a great source of alternative media/news and I've learned enough from other ATS users or the research I've gone out to do based on their posts that the headaches from the chicken little stuff is worth it for that benefit. I appreciate having a place to rant a little on this though.

I'm just starting to wonder....if Wednesday comes and goes without so much as a riot worthy of a news headline, what are we to do? Come up with a truck load of excuses for why things SHOULD have happened but didn't? Or will we (and I include myself to a fair degree on a couple topics) admit we got this one wrong..and bought just a bit (or A LOT) too far into the hype and fear mongering?
edit on 24-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor corrections

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is a point where it's like a gambling illness...Doubling down for the next theory to justify the embarrassment from the last failed one. Sept looked like too much to be coincidence in many unrelated directions, so it's been worth the effort to wait and see....to watch carefully, one more time.

You are absolutely, 100% correct.
I think its an addiction.
An addiction to drama? probably
An addiction to thinking they know something other people don't? most likely

They claim its about "survival" - yeah well... most of the predicted scenarios won't care how many can goods or bottles of water or batteries you have on hand. Odds are you going to blow up with the rest of us, so why stress? and why spread your stress like a disease?

Thats the real plague going on right now - the spreading of the fear, the negativities.

Sadly.... I don't think there are any meetings being held....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

To be honest I'm not frightened of a rock....what I'm frightened of is tripping over the cat.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you come to these sites for anything other than entertainment, you are asking for it.

If you see it for what it is (paranoia on a grand scale) then it is pretty damn funny. All of the people who talk to God, know aliens personally and can predict earthquakes. Where else can you find them ALL in one place? It's like the WalMart of insanity!
edit on 11/9/26 by TILTed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

We're sorry the apocalypse failed to arrive?

Always look to the rich...if they aren't worried, and battening down the hatches, then there probably isn't anything to worry about...

Now, you see a bunch of rich folk disappear all of a sudden...ok THEN something major is about to happen.

new topics

top topics

join