It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comets in the "Atmosphere of Space" are similar to man-made space debris in the "Atmosphere of Ea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When I look at videos of man made space objects falling back into the Earth's atmosphere and burning up, I see a very similar occurrence taking place in space by Comets.

Both leave tails, and both are very bright no matter which side of the Sun they are on; also the heaviest/largest piece always is in the lead and travels the furthest.

Space has an atmosphere that is extremely thin, similar to Earth's atmosphere which can't really be seen most of the time. Even a fish tank can have a liquid atmosphere that is extremely thick but can't really be seen by its occupants.

Its my conclusion that the Sun would not be bright, unless it was sailing through space in our solar system at the rate of speed our solar system travels through space.

If our sun traveled through space with our planets and moons at a much faster rate, I'd have to assume that our Sun would leave a tail and would be very similar to a comet in looks.

On the other hand if our sun traveled through space with our planets and moons at a slower rate, I'd have to assume that it would basically not have the correct amount of pressure exerted upon it, and it could be a dark star if it traveled slow enough.

Its my momentary thoughts or conclusion that the content and/or composition of the sun advancing through space at the rate of speed at which it moves creates its pressure and more than likely its brightness and/or color.

The following video of man made space material re-entering the earth's atmosphere is similar to a man-made comet in essence, compared with a comet in space's atmosphere.

www.youtube.com...

Those are my thoughts, and I'd like to hear from others about their thoughts about my thoughts and of their own thoughts and conclusions.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
also the heaviest/largest piece always is in the lead and travels the furthest.

And this simple statement not only shows your lack of knowledge of the topic, but also completely destroys your argument.

Comet tails are NOT always in the lead.
(except in cartoons, like smoke from steamtrains)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

And this simple statement not only shows your lack of knowledge of the topic, but also completely destroys your argument.

Actually, I never wrote comet tails are in the lead, you did.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Another interesting concept that I think is interesting, is that, as the comets swing around the sun, they are in essence putting on their high speed brakes, similar to a vehicle putting on their high speed brakes.

By this, I mean that the tail of the comets swing away from the sun as the comets swing around the sun at high velocity.

The same thing is seen as a speeding vehicle puts on its brakes and swings or drives around an obsticle during high speed braking; but not at low speed braking.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
this is my take on what the medium you are describing is

en.wikipedia.org...

if you search for video documentaries involving the subject of the electric universe it all becomes alot more clear, but bear in mind its more about energetics than just electric charge on its own.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
this is my take on what the medium you are describing is

en.wikipedia.org...

if you search for video documentaries involving the subject of the electric universe it all becomes alot more clear, but bear in mind its more about energetics than just electric charge on its own.

I agree with you totally that its more than just electric charges, and that it is more about "energetics" as you stated. I have never thought about "energetics", but that particular word seems to describe exactly what I'm thinking.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Actually, I never wrote comet tails are in the lead, you did.

Nonetheless, your thread is filled with so much wrong thinking that it defies any reason to offer rational counters.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Wrong, the fastest speed a comet reaches is at it's orbit perihelion, after it begins to move away from the sun the sun's gravity begins to slow it's speed. At the orbit aphelion, a body is moving it's slowest, until it's speed can no longer counteract the gravity of the sun it begins to fall back to the sun and gains speed along the way.

This is a constant.

Mercury the closest planet to the sun maintains it's proximity by averaging over 100,000 mph, which fluctuates by as much as 8,000 mph depending on where in it's elliptical orbit it is. Further out Earth orbits about 66,600 mph, Jupiter about 29,200, and Neptune somewhere around just 12,000 mph. (from memory so feel free to amend the figures), but you get the idea. If Mercury orbited slower it would fall into the sun, faster it would slingshot out of it's orbit. Space agencies use this gravitational slingshot effect to gain speed for the craft.

The other stuff you said about the sun is just plain wrong. A star doesn't need a galaxy or an orbit to form and initiate fusion. It's mass does all of that star stuff all by itself.

new topics

top topics

join