It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Thats like living in southern california *gang-land* and refusing affiliation. Dumb move my friend! Sooner or later you will get shot or severly beat up and mobbed and tortured.

That right there is all that needs to be said about union affiliation. It is the best, most apt, analogy I have ever seen.

At least you realize that it's gang life when you enter the fray. I tip my hat to you.

more words of wisdom:

Yes I don't have impaired vision. I call a spade a spade. Gangs, unions, corporations and the government ALL extort. Would you rather be on the losing side or the winning side? I don't have what it takes to start a corporation, I fear gang violence and I am not well connected enough to be part of the government..........that leaves me two other choices 1)be a lone warrior with no chance of getting ahead or 2)be part of a union and get some respect.

See its a manageable decision when you put all the pieces together.

I used the above example to show you why unions are important. No one man is a mountain. If the president cannot accomplish what he wants/needs with supposedly the highest position then what makes naive people think they can bargain for themselves?

I always have, and can't say it particularly troublesome. It's a simple matter not to settle for what they offer over what you want. I may not be a "mountain", nor am I an "island", but I know what I want, I know what I need, and I know what I won't just settle for. I don't need a gang behind me to tell me that, or help me walk away from a bad offer. I especially don't need them to "extort" on my behalf, or out of my paycheck.

I am glad you have a job that is highely in demand and you can name your price. Many others do not have that luxury.

Big and small government means little when companies/banks pay for the elections and control the candidates. Is it really not obvious for you? Sure a "small government" means decisions get made faster and it costs less to run but we have a reached a point in human history were its become irrellevant.

"Big" and "small" in relation to government makes a great deal of difference. "Small" has much less of an octopus-like reach than the "big" advocated by collectivists. Cost analysis is not the only factor, nor is it really even the most important to me. Nor do I care how fast decisions are made - I care more about the fact that decisions are being made where none are needed, cutting deeply into that "personal responsibility" thing. A bigger government has to do more to perpetuate itself, and the more it does, the less freedom we have.

Was it Jefferson who said "a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take everything you have"? No matter who said it, the truth of that statement should be obvious to the most casual observer.

There are things more important than money and possessions. The economics of big government don't factor in to my thought process much.

The problem I have with discussing "big government" verus "small government" is the context for the arguement is fraudulent. I say its cheaper and decisions get made faster while people like you spout libertarian/anarchy nonsense.

How can we begin to have a serious discussion when some people think the government is some big, bad boogeyman? I say its impossible. The real issue is cost effectiveness and efficiency as you will find out when the american government DEFAULTS on its obligations.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yes I don't have impaired vision. I call a spade a spade. Gangs, unions, corporations and the government ALL extort. Would you rather be on the losing side or the winning side? I don't have what it takes to start a corporation, I fear gang violence and I am not well connected enough to be part of the government..........that leaves me two other choices 1)be a lone warrior with no chance of getting ahead or 2)be part of a union and get some respect.

See its a manageable decision when you put all the pieces together.

This then is where we differ. I'd rather be the "lone warrior with no chance of getting ahead". At least then I can respect MYSELF. Self-respect is more important to me than all the fawning adulation the masses can deliver for my ability to come out on the "winning" side through unabashed extortion. I've never been one to get ahead by making other folks suffer, taking what's theirs through extortive means.

That seems not to be an issue with you.

If that puts me on the "losing" side, then I'll gladly wear that mantle as long as I can still look at myself in the mirror. I reckon we've both made our decisions, then.

I am glad you have a job that is highely in demand and you can name your price. Many others do not have that luxury.

I don't name "my price" so much as naming a fair price. They can either take it or leave it, as can I if their "counter offer" is unfair.. EVERYONE has that "luxury". It's just a matter of standing on your own principles.

The problem I have with discussing "big government" verus "small government" is the context for the arguement is fraudulent. I say its cheaper and decisions get made faster while people like you spout libertarian/anarchy nonsense.

We've already seen that you have your principles, your loyalties, and I have mine. Doesn't make either one "nonsense".

How can we begin to have a serious discussion when some people think the government is some big, bad boogeyman? I say its impossible. The real issue is cost effectiveness and efficiency as you will find out when the american government DEFAULTS on its obligations.

You're welcome to put a price tag on your own freedom if you like. I see mine as being somewhat less negotiable or for sale.

As I said before, there are some things more important than money or possessions, "Cost" is not a factor for me in matters of government. it's a side-effect of "government gone wild". A side issue.

You know, if government hadn't got out of hand to begin with, and grown too large, the default you speak of wouldn't have been an issue in the first place...

edit on 2011/10/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Why do you all feel like you need some "organization" to set the bar for you?

Because unions serve the workers and corporations serve the stockholders.

Can you not speak for yourselves without them?

Not really. Corporations have waaayyyyy more influence than unions because they have more money to spend/lobby.

Do you really need somebody else to tell you what you're worth?

I guess your one of those folks that thinks its ok to have a $7.25 mw after obama raised it from $5.25 and with all kinds of loopholes at the state level to make sure there is plenty of trailer park"white trash" folks making the absolute bare minimum...........and that is in case there is a lack of mexicans showing interest.

Republicans themselves have stated government has NO business getting involved with anything...well almost anything except lots of tax breaks to corporations and wealthy white rich protestants. When it comes to unskilled labor these days you get treated worse than dirt!

I understand the passion many have in this thread and I'm not trying to take that away, yet it seems so misguided and misdirected IMO. With all due respect, I just don't understand how anyone possibly believes that the Government/Unions cares about them. Has no one been paying attention to at least the past 50 years of US History/Government/Economics or Politics?

From the way you post I doubt you understand anything. How is that glass cage of yours?

You're just rude, ignorant, unreasonable and obnoxious.....thanks for letting us all know you're some type of psychic and are able to sit there wherever that may be and make such assumptions about me based on some divine gift you must obviously possess. It's clear who doesn't "understand anything". I asked questions...I didn't insult you or anyone else and I don't appreciate being insulted by you either.

Let's get a few things straight first,

1. First of all, I'm not white, nor am I white trash...could careless about trailor trash or any other kind of trash, hopefully, there's enough jobs for removing all types of trash. What does trash have to do with anything anyway? What do Mexicans have to do with anything that I asked? Don't bother yourself in answering anymore of my questions. I think for you my writing is cryptic and illegible.

2. I'm not Republican, Democrat, Green Party, Tea Party nor do I belong to any party...including but not limited to Gangs/Unions, Corporations (beside my own LLC) Religious gangs, Federal gangs, etc.

3. If minimum wage is what one earns currently...so be it...at least they have a start/income and are employed. At least President Obama raised minimum wage.

4. Don't get all bent out of shape with me because you feel like you can't speak for yourself...that's really sad by the way (sounds to me like you're scared to stand on your own two feet...again, IMO).

There's plenty more I could reveal about my self to you "oh, great see'r of all"...but I'd rather not...you probably know all about me anyway
(sarc intended)

Besides, minimum wage was intended as a start...but unfortunately, that's all some people can get right now. Too be quite frank, I think minimum wage is insulting to everyone...but if you can understand the following----->
That's MY Opinion.

Next time try not to judge others or make assumptions and actually think...use your mind...hopefully it works. Hey, if you can't use all 15% of it...try and start with 1%, that should get you going

You are hearby given notice that you have been put on "Auto Ignore", so go ahead mouthpiece if you will. According to the last post from you to me, it will be impossible having a decent conversation with you.

Thanks for your time and complete lack of understanding.

Sincerely,
ThePublicEnemyNo1

ETA
As for the double
.....Meh, and your grammer is terrible

edit on 10/5/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Where did I call YOU trailor trash or white trash? Can you read and comprehend posts?

You ask me a bunch of loaded questions and I gave you some loaded answers in reply.

Apparently you disagree soooo much you have to call me names and start a hissy fit.

Unbelievable!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Good hell, another Evil republican thread?

Yep, all Republicans and Conservatives are Satan's Spawns.
All want to kill brown people, make grandma eat out of the neighbors garbage cans, give babies M16s and chant "USA USA USA" at NASCAR events.

How original...

If the shoe fits, wear it.

You know exactly what you are and what you are trying to accomplish, as a group.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You need to ehm use wikipedia,or schoolbooks to read up on republicans ect and what everthing means

you are way out fishing
=

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Where did I call YOU trailor trash or white trash? Can you read and comprehend posts?

You ask me a bunch of loaded questions and I gave you some loaded answers in reply.

Apparently you disagree soooo much you have to call me names and start a hissy fit.

Unbelievable!!!

Ummm...right down there

I guess your one of those folks that thinks its ok to have a $7.25 mw after obama raised it from $5.25 and with all kinds of loopholes at the state level to make sure there is plenty of trailer park"white trash" folks making the absolute bare minimum...........and that is in case there is a lack of mexicans showing interest.

This reply also shows proof that I can read
I don't have hissy fits and that statement about trailer park "white trash" and mexicans had nothing to do with what I asked you. You even quoted your own statement...now you're denying you ever said it...whatever.

I agree that I disagree and if that's unbelievable then so be it.

Peace To You

edit on 10/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion

You need to ehm use wikipedia,or schoolbooks to read up on republicans ect and what everthing means

you are way out fishing
=

I think that you need to open your eyes and accept that the republican base has chosen a base of greed and ignorance... They were so focused on gaining votes that now they are imploding on themselves under the weight of their on hypocrisy and misinformation tactics. They have become a joke. A poster child for the misinformed-- and I would imagine they would be okay with that if it still got them the votes, but instead they're now becoming a disgraceful laughing stock. Sort of an ineffective modern day facism in an age when we're just a little too wise to buy into the propaganda. Of course, the ignorant is their base and those sad poor misinformed lost souls will defend the republicans to the end. It's no wonder they would choose to fight against teachers and education... It only helps their cause to destroy education. But like many of the stances they take, it is short sightened. They are ceating Frankenstein monsters. Hank Williams Jr is an example of the ignorance they create.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I KNOW what I wrote but I never called YOU white trash. It seems you STILL don't get it after you quoted my text. You have an attitude problem and I can't help you with that. Next time you decide to ask loaded questions you should expect some people will call you out for your BS whether you like it or not.

Do you even know what a loaded question is? It means "I have the answer and want others to agree with me" or someone posturing ignorance as flame bait. Guess what real life is a bitch so stick to college psychology little boy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I KNOW what I wrote but I never called YOU white trash. It seems you STILL don't get it after you quoted my text. You have an attitude problem and I can't help you with that. Next time you decide to ask loaded questions you should expect some people will call you out for your BS whether you like it or not.

Do you even know what a loaded question is? It means "I have the answer and want others to agree with me" or someone posturing ignorance as flame bait. Guess what real life is a bitch so stick to college psychology little boy.

I answered your specific question about what you stated like you asked. That's all.
If I still don't get what you were trying to say in your opinion, then so be it.
I'm sure it's obvious that I have an attitude problem

Darn it... I was counting on your help!
If my opinion is B.S. to you, then guess what...so be it!
You weren't calling me out, or at least I didn't take it that way.
Seems like you were giving answers until you started using terms like "trailer park" and "white trash".
So if your intention was or is to offend me, then consider that an epic fail

And then this...

Guess what real life is a bitch so stick to college psychology little boy.

Yes, I am college educated and I worked very hard in obtaining two (2) degrees and psychology was NOT one of them.
Yes, I know what a loaded question is.
The only one posturing is you my friend.
Since I have two kids in college and am in my 40's, I think I've been around long enough to have a "real" understanding of life...and life for me is not a bitch, but I have one

Oh...one more thing, I'm not a little boy...I'm a grown woman, a mother and a wife

Have a good day...you're wasting my time now.
edit on 10/11/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
From the denials of global warming and man's impact on the environment, to their constant loyalty toward corporations and support for war in oil rich nations, blind nationalism, hatred and distrust of outsiders, while always saving judgement and cynicism for the poor, the needy, the sick, the peace loving, and environmentally conscious. Does the mainstream republican base rely solely on a mixture of ignorance and greed?

There is something extremely disturbing about this hive mentality. In fact if you notice in debates and other discussions... republicans who do not embrace the hive mentality are shunned from the group.

I don't understand how any free-thinking, socially conscious person can embrace this twisted mentality? In order to support today's Republican party must a person also embrace Ignorance and/or Greed?

Well said! ... and very true.
edit on 19-10-2011 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Your absolutely correct today republicans are far worse than democrats, I study politics and the republican party is extremely lost! They're a collection of religious nuts, racist, and confused libertarians! I find them for the most part to be mentally iill, these idiots will defend businesses multimillionaire corporations that rip them off poison their water and air!! republicans are beyond ignorant and fux propaganda news just aggravates these brainwashed clowns

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thats a pretty general statement.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=12409617]spiritualzombie[/

Indubitably. And so are the democrats. Demo's are different in their own ways but are also a hive mentality. Engaging with the political process as it currently is is like hitting your head against a wall.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In the end they are both the same. Maybe on the surface they offer different frostings, but scrape it off and they are both the same. Did Obama not surround himself with wallstreet? How are the democrats any different than the Reps? Maybe its time for a new model. After 40 years the green party in Germany did manage to set up Germany as leading for renewables, which will of course all go belly up once fusion is here.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Republicans deny science, embrace torture, fight against equality, and only believe in government assistance for the super wealthy... ignorance and greed...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Threads like this just show exactly how bad the herds are brainwashed by the fake two party system.

Proof? We all just recently found out that the carpetbagger Harry Reid has been leading the effort for years to block an audit of the Federal Reserve.

Both sides are in on the gig, That's all you need to know. So best to ignore the disease of political biased shillism.

At the end of the day, Think for yourself, and you have a much better chance to read between the lies. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
People like to use the excuse that both sides are the same. But let me tell you... If you are a racist, science denying, muslim hating nationalist who blames gays, illegals, and poor people for all the worlds problems and believes in always voting for greed over humanity--- I have just the party for you and its called Republican. It may lead to the same hell but you'll be in like-minded company in this line.

And thats the point. Republicans are currently the party of greed and ignorance. So if you're kinda ignorant, a little racist, very religious, or very greedy-- they got you covered!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
People who espouse the canard: both parties are the same are just uttering dogma and propaganda probably started by the GOP themselves to make people believe this nonsense:

It’s about ISSUES.

The issues people here are talking about: of issues of humanity, freedom, justice, and what’s good for the whole of the country. It’s that simple.

The GOP are in the vast majority of times on the wrong side of these issues. Sure you have democrats who are hypocrites and don’t live up to the lofty ideals of the best of what the party stands for on many occasions, so eloquently said by the late Mario Cuomo here:

But that’s because they are human beings and like any human prone to human frailties.

On the other hand the policies of the GOP are akin to demonic and the very opposite of all ideas of love, humanity, brotherhood, selflessness, and unity that all positive philosophies strive to practice and espouse.

The only thing they follow is SELFISHNESS and catering to the powerful, rich and elite...
They represent the dark pole of political humanity

edit on 5-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah, They use your "issues" to keep the herds divided here at home, while they continue the same old foreign policy as the last party did just like your hero Obama is doing now.

I guess Harry Reid blocking an audit of the Federal Reserve is ok with your feel good, righteous fight for the common Man? LMAO! What a joke.

Oh, And Mario Cuomo was just another hand picked and groomed, yes Man puppet dirt bag. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join