It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This thread makes me glad I'm a free thinker with no political affiliation.

There's some real nutters out there...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Was that drivel intended to impress me? Basically you're just another puppet of the nanny state. Your hero Obama is finished. And if you don't know who the puppet masters are, well that doesn't suprise me considering your political beliefs. Keep your head stuck in the ground, and keep idolizing a fraud. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Again, look at the title of this thread. Speaks for itself. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
And if you think democrats take more than republicans then apparently you don't know anything about politics.

I said they both take money and are one of the same. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hi people, I have been lurking on this site for a few months now and yet have never commented until now.

I will say, to go off topic that I think most of you are real witty and highly intelligent. Laugh out loud witty at times.
Why I have decided to comment on such a tension filled thread for the first time I am not sure except that it touches home.

Not being an American I don't want to touch too closely on your internal politics. I am a Canadian. I don't consider myself as being from any one certain political affiliation mainly because I consider open political parties to be based on hegelian dynamics. Turning one against the other when in reality the same shadow people are controlling both parties as well as the so called independents, not to say that there aren't genuinely well meaning people that get into politics for the greater good but at some point in a politicians career he or she either submits to blackmail or goes no further. This is what I believe.

What I see happening in the United States America frightens me and I am not even an American.

There are you people on all sides arguing back and forth about the state of the country you were born in, you argue passionately and with great conviction because you are afraid. You have a right to be.

The amount of propaganda that you have been subjected to in your country is almost overwhelming. The fact that you all are on this site fighting over what is the truth shows courage and strength. It is not an easy thing to accept the realization that what you thought to be the truth your whole life is bases on mostly lies and manipulation.

I myself would be proud to run into any of you in this country. If you were to say as a stranger 'I am an ATS member' then I would know that this is an interesting person who I may get into a fierce argument with about politics but at least they thought about these issues enough to care.

That being said I have always believed that how a countrly treats their poor and so-called weak and so-called disenfranchised says alot about the people in charge of the country.

I have been disturbed at how the poor are often referrred to on predominately American websites.

I have also been disturbed at how polarized the people in the USA are between left and right.

To be honest I think that there are both good and bad points made on either sides at times. Coming from a viewpoint of compassion and empathy and emotion does not been that there is no rational logic in it. There is logic in compassion. There but for the grace of God go I.

As someone who is on disability and is not working I can only say it is hard to be in physical pain all the time.
It makes me tired and grumpy and angry sometimes. But the judgement has a deeper effect. You feel that you have to explain your physical circumstances but then think that is private medical information and why should you have to explain private things to a stranger just so they will not judge you.

I love William Cooper, I really do. I love the thought of being fully self sufficient and living off-grid and not having to abide by the often illogical rules of the government. But what about us who are alone in the world. What about us who don't have anyone to protect us and are ill besides. What about the elderly who have been abandoned.

I can't help but think that to rely on the help of my neighbors who believe in total self reliance could end up being more humiliating that relying on the government, why, because I and they would be having to rely on someone. It is humiliating. Age is not a crime, being ill is not desired.

Isolation kills. Being spiritually degraded kills the soul. Gentleness is what we need. Gentleness of spirit is what we lack. Strangely enough on the other hand there is also a lack of genuine rage against the injustice of it all.
Rage and Gentleness. The IRony.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

That was a very well thought out 1st post my friend. Nice job. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

Very good observation you made.
The division that you see happening in the U.S. was the created monster by TPTB. We were conned into believing a lie, and now the problems run so deep it will take a miracle to fix.
Both Republican and Democrat parties are the parties of ignorance and greed. A lot of them start off with good intentions. But good intentions will only get them so far until they are forced to join the good ole boys club. If they don't, their whole profession becomes a struggle to the end unless they cave.
So what will it take to unite the people to have a one mind attitude? That is the question, any good ideas out there are more than welcomed.
A star for your post.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Really? the first thing Obama, and his administration did, when we all already knew we were in an economic crisis, was to spend millions of dollars more than ANY other president before for his inauguration. That should say something right there about his spending.

Well since he was the first colored president in the nations history I guess his behavior was acceptable.

You Do know that the term "colored" is no longer socially acceptable and considered racist, right? Just checking...

Yeah. Ok. LOL. I guess republicans don't have a problem starting wars but when the opposition party wins they use "the continuing war" as propaganda against them. Typical left-right BS! Basically millions from both sides dying for nothing if a country is left in an unstable condition.

Check your history. Republicans don't start wars, whatever other faults they may have. I presume you're talking about Bush. Bush is not a Republican, he is a Neocon, as was most of his administration. Neocons are "liberals", left-wingers, masquerading as Republicans or "conservatives". Republicans call them "RINOs". Just because they have taken over the Republican party so as to label themselves "Republican" doesn't make it so, A label swap doesn't change the contents. This is why we see no appreciable difference between the Bush administration and the Obama administration, regardless of how much folks want to make a distinction.

I agree that may have been a cheap shot forcing kids into community or even military service. Things like that should be put to vote at the state level if at all. There should be NOTHING for free in this world except the air we breath. Cops have a job to do and they get paid for it. The military has a job to do and they get paid for it. When you start forcing people into labor(except as punishment for a crime) it becomes totally unethical form a moral perspective and unemployment goes up. We ALREADY have plenty of unemployment from the government allowing corporations to SELL-OUT america to asia and from excessive automation. We should make things better rather than worse.

See explanation for this apparent discrepancy above.

Your Obama is not the "saviour" he, and his fans claimed he would be.

BTW, did you also forget that during his "reign" they lost from $9 - $13 trillion dollars, and he even went on tv and claimed "we don't know what happened to the money"?...

edit on 26-9-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

I ALREADY know that, as do many other left wingers, he is simply the lesser of two evils. JFK was the last real president and the bavarian illuminati elliminated his entire family with one curse on top of another. The bankers rule the world on behalf of the nobility. Try telling us something we don't know.............

The lesser of two evils is STILL evil. If you would truly see change, then work for change - not perpetuation of the same old evil.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

You have completely bumped your head. The Democrats tax more and spend more than the Republicans unless NeoCons are in control. Then, They probably end up even at the end of both of their raping terms.

Maybe you should take a few minutes from your "busy schedule" and actually look at the evidence that TOTALLY CONTRADICTS these continously stupid assertions. I am spouting facts while people like you spout proven nonsense.

Maybe you should take a few minutes out of your busy schedule and point out something that you believe to contradict this statement, rather than just dismissing it as a contradiction and leaving it lay.

If you actually believe that is all the money democrats got for campaign finance then I feel sorry for you being so naive. These are the reported amounts and by no means the actual amounts. And if you think democrats take more than republicans then apparently you don't know anything about politics.

Exactly. How does pointing out that the list was by far incomplete change the fact that it was accurate as far as it went? The point made was that the Democrats are no more angelic than a bunch of Neocons, and instead of demonstrating any difference, you called it a contradiction, then proceeded to reinforce the assertion by saying "you didn't include all the donations". That's called "side stepping the issue". How does pointing out that it's worse than the other poster claimed negate his point?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Check your history. Republicans don't start wars, whatever other faults they may have. I presume you're talking about Bush. Bush is not a Republican, he is a Neocon, as was most of his administration. Neocons are "liberals", left-wingers, masquerading as Republicans or "conservatives". Republicans call them "RINOs". Just because they have taken over the Republican party so as to label themselves "Republican" doesn't make it so, A label swap doesn't change the contents. This is why we see no appreciable difference between the Bush administration and the Obama administration, regardless of how much folks want to make a distinction.

Spoken like a true republican, I applaud you
the party of personal responsibility, yet won't take responsibility for those they elect. Bush is a republican, ran as a republican, won as a republican and stated his war of aggression just like the republican think tank pnac said to do.

Amazing.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

and obama ran as a democrat and has been anything but liberal

second line agrees with me and nen

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by LDragonFire

and obama ran as a democrat and has been anything but liberal

second line agrees with me and nen

Are you saying he is conservative? Isn't his liberalness the basis for all your anti Obama rhetoric?
edit on 27-9-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Pointing out that France and Britain were the main proponents in giving aid and comfort to the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya in no way changes the fact that Obama was right there with them. Let France and Britain aid the enemy on their own if that's what they want to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

My entire life, Republicans have been for militarism, made fun of liberals for their inability to
use military might... I constantly hear that there is another breed of conservative, where are they?
Do they exist, or is utopian like Marxist sentiment?

George W Bush invaded

Iraq and Afganistan

George H W Bush invaded

Iraq and Panama, with involvement in the Somali war and Columbia

Ronald Reagan

Lebanon, Grenada, Columbia, Nicaragua, El Salvador - involvement in
Afganistan, Iran and Iraq war

Gerald Ford,

extensive involvement in the Arab Israeli conflict and South East Asia

Richard Nixon

Direct involvement in the Chilean Coup, The Yom Kippur War, Escalation
into Laos and invasion of Cambodia.

That accounts for forty years of Republicans Foreign Policies, I guess we can delve into the definition
of war for ten pages. Or you can tell me that Conservatives have been fooled by politicians, for every
election they have won in the last four decades. It makes me wonder if Conservatism is just a myth?

Interesting that every unsavory act of a conservative politicians is referred to as a derivative of
liberalism. Yet when war protests have occurred in the last fifty years it is the liberal youth that
faces the gas, clubs and dogs..

edit on 27-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Before you go jumping the gun, go back and read my post again, as far as I knew we were only addressing the Political aspect as that was what the OP post was aimed at.... so before you go telling people to "wake up" maybe get down off your high horse and think before your fingers start typing away when you have no idea where I Stand on the spiritual matters...

I think we all agree its a messed up system, and YES, the left vs right paradigm is used to manipulate people, they are all Greed / Power driven, We agree on this?

as for the Spiritual aspect the ONLY way any change is going to come to this reality of ours is if each individual human being begins to take personal responsibility for his thoughts and actions, and manifests peace, truth, love, light within himself and breaks free from the Illusion that has him convinced it is reality, then and only then will this shift the consciousness of the collective towards growth, awakening

Go the Philosophy section before you jump the gun next time and see where I stand, This is why for the most part I avoid posting, because a lot of people are quick to fly of the handle & topic in point just to see words appear in the box before hitting enter

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

militarism eh wanna talk about pakistan,libya,yemen,somaila and those troops are still in iraq and afghanistan

and then who killed bin laden and want to put this into historical context there is more blood on democratic hands that any republican

and lets not forget who dropped 2 nuclear weapons.

the party of holier than thou NOT EVEN CLOSE.
edit on 27-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

militarism eh wanna talk about pakistan,libya,yemen,somaila and those troops are still in iraq and afghanistan

and then who killed bin laden and want to put this into historical context there is more blood on democratic hands that any republican

and lets not forget who dropped 2 nuclear weapons.

the party of holier than thou NOT EVEN CLOSE.
edit on 27-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Democrats have started many Wars... But this whole, GOP is angelic routine
is pretty wild. When conservatives are in power and entrenched they boast about
they're military prowess to no end. But in this case it is expedient to distance the
party from their past.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

Excellent first post! A lot of thought and consideration went in to it, that's obvious. I personally think that the current state of affairs is a function of the urbanization that went into high hear in the 50's - herding the sheep into pens where they could be watched and led more easily, while at the same time making them more dependent on the infrastructure provided by the masters rather than reliant on one another.

Where and when I grew up, we helped each other, and looked askance at any government types who occasionally came through, claiming to be trying to make our lives "better". We helped each other whenever it was needed, and there was no stigma attached to it. The folks who you helped out today would likely be the same ones who picked you up when you tripped tomorrow. where is the stigma in that? We all trip and fall from time to time. Even the police I only saw an average of twice a year there - each sighting lasted 30 to 45 seconds before they were around the next curve in the mountain roads and out of sight. Just passing through.

Old folks and sick folks never went without. They had already, at one time or another, paid their dues, and were paid up. My dad "fixed" things. I never saw him start on something that he couldn't fix. I can't count the times that he and I went to fix a problem some old or ill individual was having, whether it was structural, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing, and I NEVER, EVER saw him take so much as a dime for it. They always offered to pay him, and he universally, sometimes strenuously, refused any such payment.

If someone else was hungry, well, we had a freezer, and we had a smokehouse, we had a cellar with stuff that mom canned in it, and if those were getting bare, we had rifles and shotguns to fill them back up with - or to make sure that no one else went without. we'd either take them things, or go get them and bring 'em to the house for supper.

Urbanization has left that sort of thing behind for the most part, in favor of government handouts from the Masters, and that is where the stigma comes in. It's a control mechanism that they use well, and use to their advantage. The stigma is in that relationship. Dogs have masters who feed them. free men do not - they help each other. The people you help today may be the very ones that save YOUR bacon tomorrow. If they are still unable to help you, then someone else will step in to fill the gap. It's not "charity" there, it's more like "insurance" which actually pays off, rather than the urbanized "insurance" ponzi schemes we have emanating from wall Street these days.

That's how I grew up, and that's how I still live - even in this alien city.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
But good intentions will only get them so far until they are forced to join the good ole boys club. If they don't, their whole profession becomes a struggle to the end unless they cave.

This is the very answer to the question you ask below.

So what will it take to unite the people to have a one mind attitude? That is the question, any good ideas out there are more than welcomed.

The answer: Fight. Fight in the best way you can. If it becomes a life-long fight, with no end in sight and no relief, then so be it. If you choice is to fight a "life long struggle to the end" or join the "old boys club", then choose the fight, and let 'er roll, even if it is "forever". Never stop, never quit, never give up, and never back down. A "win" is the only acceptable outcome - especially when the lives of not just you, but millions of others, depends on it.

THAT is the sort of people who need to get into office if this mess is ever to be fixed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Spoken like a true republican, I applaud you

I'm not Republican, although I was many years ago, back when Republicans were Republicans. I suppose in that sense one could fairly say that I was a "true republican", to use your phrase.

the party of personal responsibility, yet won't take responsibility for those they elect.

I've always taken responsibility for my votes. I own them, so I will take responsibility for those I vote into office. The fact is I have not sent anyone to a national Office in many, many years. It seems the rest of you lot are all for slavery, so you send Slave Masters. I've not voted for any of them. I don't need a master. The ones I vote for, the rest of you seem to find unpalatable. That is as it should be. If you WANT to be slaves, it's not my place to free you.

Bush is a republican, ran as a republican, won as a republican and stated his war of aggression just like the republican think tank pnac said to do.

Amazing.

No.

Bush RAN as a Republican, much the same as Romney and Perry and the entire Keystone Krew they have in front of the microphones are RUNNING as Republicans, but they most certainly are NOT Republicans. They are NEOCONS, which are neither new nor conservative, and so are under a total and complete misnomer. neocons are left-wingers, "liberals", masquerading as republicans to foster the false belief that there is some sort of difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. there is not. they are ALL leftists ever since the liberal neocon takeover of the formerly conservative Republican party.

I can CALL myself a "superhero", but that doesn't make me one just because I say so, any more than it makes a neocon a Republican just because he says so. You have to watch to see what I do to determine if I'm lying or not. Do I leap over tall buildings? If not, then I'm no superhero, regardless of what I claim.

Does a neocon do any conservative things? If not, then he's no Republican, regardless of what he says.

Watch what they DO, rather than believing what they SAY.

When I was growing up, the current crop of neocon "Republicans" would have been shot as communist sleepers.

edit on 2011/9/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join