It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

page: 25
49
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation
 


Readers please notice: Many of those defending the GOP resort to denigrating (avg Americans) the posters on this thread - and for the most part with very few exceptions, those taking the opposing argument are directing their criticism ENTIRELY at Republicans in the House.




posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant
 


I know reality hurts, but that's life now isn't it? You can live in your make believe liberal fantasy world all you like. You point the finger at me, well just take a look at the title of this thread you hypocrite. Hey? This just in, the same puppet masters who control the Republicans control your hero Democrats. Now go cheer on your hero Obama while he bombs Libya. How about that change? ~SheopleNation



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hey newcovenant! Let me throw my hat in the ring for a sec!

reply to post by SheopleNation
 




I know reality hurts, but that's life now isn't it?


Indeed, some use religion to run away.



You can live in your make believe liberal fantasy world all you like.


Ha, I only wish! Once everyone is treated equal and health care is afforded to the poor- then maybe we will be halfway there!



You point the finger at me, well just take a look at the title of this thread you hypocrite.


You are doing so much better though! Great work!



Hey?


Hi!



This just in, the same puppet masters who control the Republicans control your hero Democrats.


Still not clear on who these puppet masters are. Do they do ventriloquism?




Now go cheer on your hero Obama while he bombs Libya.


Go Obama!




How about that change?


Its great! Have you seen the changes there? Most notably a displaced dictator.

Nice chatting!
edit on 27-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by newcovenant
 


I know reality hurts, but that's life now isn't it? You can live in your make believe liberal fantasy world all you like. You point the finger at me, well just take a look at the title of this thread you hypocrite. Hey? This just in, the same puppet masters who control the Republicans control your hero Democrats. Now go cheer on your hero Obama while he bombs Libya. How about that change? ~SheopleNation



Again...like I said

Notice how those defending the GOP resort to attacking posters?

That's all you got?



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by macman
 


Sorry I thought everyone in the military signed up with social security and was entitled to the benefits.

Maybe I was wrong here...........


No more so then anyone else.

In fact, I think as a retired military member enters the age of SS, there is an offset between payments.

Kind of punishment if you ask me.


The reason social security exists is because a lot of people live for today and don't save a penny for their retirement. That means those people will eventually become a burden to society and government, so unfortunately everyone should be forced to pay now(while they work).

Its not a perfect system...but what government program is perfect? Not to mention people who "invest" with private pention plans stand to lose everything or a substantial portion of their invested savings with companies like AIG who speculate money into the sewage.


If they don't save, then they should suffer the consequences of their own actions, not rely on having the working carry them.
They should not be a burden. You don't save, you don't eat. You don't work, you don't have shelter.
Look to your family, community and church for help. Not rely on the Govt taking from others to give to you.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by macman
What part of my statement is unsubstantiated nonsense?

I have always paid lower taxes and done better while Reps were in charge.




Democrats tax more and spend less.

!




Really? Spend less, or spend less on things like the Military.

Spend less.

You so funny.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


so you consider the gop as a good alternative?



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican
reply to post by macman
 


so you consider the gop as a good alternative?


No, not by any stretch.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by FallenWun
...
Now you are just making things up. Obama has a long way to go still to do the financial damage to the country Bush did and that can be reflected easily in real numbers. Seen any of them?


Really? the first thing Obama, and his administration did, when we all already knew we were in an economic crisis, was to spend millions of dollars more than ANY other president before for his inauguration. That should say something right there about his spending.


Well since he was the first colored president in the nations history I guess his behavior was acceptable.


Not to mention the fact that he has broken almost every promise he has ever made. He said the first thing he would do as president was to bring back our troops, and what happened?...


Yeah. Ok. LOL. I guess republicans don't have a problem starting wars but when the opposition party wins they use "the continuing war" as propaganda against them. Typical left-right BS! Basically millions from both sides dying for nothing if a country is left in an unstable condition.


BTW, you should read up on what sort of laws your fuhrer has passed and what sort of future him, and his administration want for us all... From FORCED military training for everyone going to college from 18-25, to FORCED national service working for the government for free including children from secondary school, and some democrats were even trying to pass a law in which children from primary would also be part of the FORCED labor that the NEW CHANGE will be bringing to us.


I agree that may have been a cheap shot forcing kids into community or even military service. Things like that should be put to vote at the state level if at all. There should be NOTHING for free in this world except the air we breath. Cops have a job to do and they get paid for it. The military has a job to do and they get paid for it. When you start forcing people into labor(except as punishment for a crime) it becomes totally unethical form a moral perspective and unemployment goes up. We ALREADY have plenty of unemployment from the government allowing corporations to SELL-OUT america to asia and from excessive automation. We should make things better rather than worse.


This hasn't been implemented yet BUT THEY ARE LAWS ALREADY...


Whomever voted for such legislation is a traitor to his/her nation and should be ousted. Then new legislation should undue that crappy previous legislation!


Your Obama is not the "saviour" he, and his fans claimed he would be.

BTW, did you also forget that during his "reign" they lost from $9 - $13 trillion dollars, and he even went on tv and claimed "we don't know what happened to the money"?...

edit on 26-9-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)


I ALREADY know that, as do many other left wingers, he is simply the lesser of two evils. JFK was the last real president and the bavarian illuminati elliminated his entire family with one curse on top of another. The bankers rule the world on behalf of the nobility. Try telling us something we don't know.............



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Republicans tax everyone less and then spend at least twice as much on average than democrats.

Democrats tax more and spend less.


You have completely bumped your head. The Democrats tax more and spend more than the Republicans unless NeoCons are in control. Then, They probably end up even at the end of both of their raping terms.


Maybe you should take a few minutes from your "busy schedule" and actually look at the evidence that TOTALLY CONTRADICTS these continously stupid assertions. I am spouting facts while people like you spout proven nonsense.


Don't you understand who funded Obama's Campaign?

University of California $1,648,685

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091

Harvard University $864,654

Microsoft Corp $852,167

Google Inc $814,540

JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799

Citigroup Inc $736,771

Time Warner $624,618

Top Obama Contributors

So don't assume that your hero Democrats are not corrupted just as the GOP has corruption. Read between the lies and don't fall for the robot slave mentality. The International Banksters rule both parties and they only put them both on stage to enrage the sheoples passions over domestic issues while they sit behind the scene and continue their sinister internationalist agenda. ~SheopleNation


If you actually believe that is all the money democrats got for campaign finance then I feel sorry for you being so naive. These are the reported amounts and by no means the actual amounts. And if you think democrats take more than republicans then apparently you don't know anything about politics.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by newcovenant
 


I know reality hurts, but that's life now isn't it? You can live in your make believe liberal fantasy world all you like. You point the finger at me, well just take a look at the title of this thread you hypocrite. Hey? This just in, the same puppet masters who control the Republicans control your hero Democrats. Now go cheer on your hero Obama while he bombs Libya. How about that change? ~SheopleNation


Maybe you should realise that france and britain were the main supporters of attacking libya since gadhafi's son was threating to disclose the corruption of president sarkozy and president sarkozy would never allow this, not to mention the oilfields of libya were too important for BP and TOTAL.

The usa played a back-up role mainly by attacking the air defense system of gadafhi so that our bosses with their inferior planes could have an easier time helping the muslim brotherhood oust gadafhi.

You think america is big, bad and evil? Not always "my friend", but yes sometimes we are.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Republicans tax everyone less and then spend at least twice as much on average than democrats.

Democrats tax more and spend less.


You have completely bumped your head. The Democrats tax more and spend more than the Republicans unless NeoCons are in control. Then, They probably end up even at the end of both of their raping terms.


Maybe you should take a few minutes from your "busy schedule" and actually look at the evidence that TOTALLY CONTRADICTS these continously stupid assertions. I am spouting facts while people like you spout proven nonsense.


Don't you understand who funded Obama's Campaign?

University of California $1,648,685

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091

Harvard University $864,654

Microsoft Corp $852,167

Google Inc $814,540

JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799

Citigroup Inc $736,771

Time Warner $624,618

Top Obama Contributors

So don't assume that your hero Democrats are not corrupted just as the GOP has corruption. Read between the lies and don't fall for the robot slave mentality. The International Banksters rule both parties and they only put them both on stage to enrage the sheoples passions over domestic issues while they sit behind the scene and continue their sinister internationalist agenda. ~SheopleNation


If you actually believe that is all the money democrats got for campaign finance then I feel sorry for you being so naive. These are the reported amounts and by no means the actual amounts. And if you think democrats take more than republicans then apparently you don't know anything about politics.


I seem to recall issues being raised on the Obama Camp allowing unknown contributions via CC donations, that so happened to be just under the amount needed for identifying who the contributor was.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by macman
 


Sorry I thought everyone in the military signed up with social security and was entitled to the benefits.

Maybe I was wrong here...........


No more so then anyone else.

In fact, I think as a retired military member enters the age of SS, there is an offset between payments.

Kind of punishment if you ask me.


The reason social security exists is because a lot of people live for today and don't save a penny for their retirement. That means those people will eventually become a burden to society and government, so unfortunately everyone should be forced to pay now(while they work).

Its not a perfect system...but what government program is perfect? Not to mention people who "invest" with private pention plans stand to lose everything or a substantial portion of their invested savings with companies like AIG who speculate money into the sewage.


If they don't save, then they should suffer the consequences of their own actions, not rely on having the working carry them.
They should not be a burden. You don't save, you don't eat. You don't work, you don't have shelter.
Look to your family, community and church for help. Not rely on the Govt taking from others to give to you.


The government is NOT taking from others to give to you when it comes to social security. People are forced to pay for THEIR OWN retirement because there are too many superficial people who left unchecked would cause all kinds of problems in america.

The easiest way to have big riots is to have a large minority of the population starving and/or homeless. Just look at the palestinians living in refugee camps isolated from the world and the markets. Not to mention the pathetically low minimum wages and taxation without representation.

Perhaps you were "confusing" welfare, disability and uneployment but even those serve a vital purpose. Honestly from a serviceman one would expect they understood the basics of running government!



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by macman
 


Sorry I thought everyone in the military signed up with social security and was entitled to the benefits.

Maybe I was wrong here...........


No more so then anyone else.

In fact, I think as a retired military member enters the age of SS, there is an offset between payments.

Kind of punishment if you ask me.


The reason social security exists is because a lot of people live for today and don't save a penny for their retirement. That means those people will eventually become a burden to society and government, so unfortunately everyone should be forced to pay now(while they work).

Its not a perfect system...but what government program is perfect? Not to mention people who "invest" with private pention plans stand to lose everything or a substantial portion of their invested savings with companies like AIG who speculate money into the sewage.


If they don't save, then they should suffer the consequences of their own actions, not rely on having the working carry them.
They should not be a burden. You don't save, you don't eat. You don't work, you don't have shelter.
Look to your family, community and church for help. Not rely on the Govt taking from others to give to you.


The government is NOT taking from others to give to you when it comes to social security. People are forced to pay for THEIR OWN retirement because there are too many superficial people who left unchecked would cause all kinds of problems in america.



I am forced to pay into social security, yes?



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Yes you are forced to pay for social security and in theory its for everyones' benefit. Of course our government decided to convert the social security trust fund into a general account to be used at the governments discretion to offset losses elsewhere.

That is why public service money is drying up.

edit on 9/27/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: add sentence



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by macman
 


Yes you are forced to pay for social security and in theory its for everyones' benefit. Of course our government decided to convert the social security trust fund into a general account to be used at the governments discretion to offset losses elsewhere.

That is why public service money is drying up.

edit on 9/27/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: add sentence

Ok, so I am forced to pay into SS. That is good, step one established.
You admit that it was converted from the SS trust, and used for general funds. The Govt shows that it can't be trusted with money. Step two established.
When do I get the money I am paying into it?



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Good question.

Hopefully ss will not go bankrupt, but if it does I expect a lot of riots.

We are $15 trillion in debt and barely anyone knows why...........



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by macman
 


Good question.

Hopefully ss will not go bankrupt, but if it does I expect a lot of riots.

We are $15 trillion in debt and barely anyone knows why...........


Ok, so it has been stated by many people that it is bankrupt. I would bet on it.

So, I will never see that money, and the people currently receiving SS are basically living off my forced, unaccounted for, placed into the wrong trust money for my Govt provided retirement. Step three established.

The account is drained, and not collecting any interest (so to speak). Step four established.

You don't see this as a huge problem?

Sorry, but I do.
SS was established to offset, not fully fund retirements.
It has been bastardized into something it shouldn't be and something it was not designed to do.

So yes, it is taking from me to provide for others, as it is currently running. Conclusion established.

If you don't plan for retirement, you don't retire.
If you don't work, you don't have food or shelter.
I don't think you can get any more basic then this.

Call it Darwinism. That seems to be a great buzz word for Democrats.
The rule not only applies to the animal kingdom, it applies to human life as well.
If you can't sustain yourself, you don't thrive.

I should not be forced to carry others. That is my problem.
Not only forced, but all the forced things I give up are misused, misappropriated, misguided and siphoned from, by the Govt.

Sorry, but giving more power and money to an already out of control Govt is like feeding the 10 headed dragon food, in hopes he leaves you alone.





edit on 27-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


The entire federal government is facing bankruptcy, not just ss. Anyway you make a lot of good points and I have to agree with you here. I think people should be trying to figure out why the hell we have $15 trillion defecit.

The cia and dod classified budget has certainly diverted more funds than it should. Did you see rumsfeld speech about the $2.3 trillion?



And ron paul discrediting bernanke and the federal reserve.......




posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


Yep seen and heard both.
Not surprised at all.



new topics

top topics



 
49
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

log in

join