It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I am sad to say but yes, the masses will vote party lines, just because that is all they know and all they have ever done.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spiritualzombie

When applied to both parties, you are correct.

To start another Republican bashing thread is not.

Gotta love the logic. Kind of like poop telling vomit it stinks.

You thinking that the Dem party holds all the cards in morality, logic, critical thinking and do goodness? That is just stupid.

edit on 24-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

Did I say that I think Dem party holds all cards on morality and logic? No. I'm not blind to the game that plays out between these two false fronts. However, I do see that despite the many cries that both sides are the same... there is one side that constantly takes the platform of supporting corporations over people, of supporting war over peace, of take a stand of judgement and inequality over the equality and benefit of our fellow man.

There is an inability among republican thinkers to see reality... and to even face their own weaknesses. At best they can only point the finger back... That is the absolute limit of their ability to take responsibility; is to only point the finger back. I think republicans are stuck in a matrix world of spin... that has become so epic in its requirement of all things greed and ignorant. They need to release themselves from it and become more a party of ideological differences... More Ron Paul and less Rush/Palin.
edit on 24-9-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Kind of like poop telling vomit it stinks.

LOL

I've starred your post just for that alone.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So, in the same retort you state some Reps are good, but not that good. But then you go on to suggest that Dems are better.

If you think one is just as bad as the other, why not start an opposing thread "Democrats: the party of ignorance and greed"?.

Or, just keep backpedaling. That is more fun to watch unfold.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

throwing billions upon billions of dollars at the educational system of America that produce nothing but ignorance

To say the public school system produces nothing but ignorance is an ignorant statement in itself. Do you think all college school kids come from prep schools? No they sure aren't a child gets out of the school what they put into it.

then out a country of 310 million 145 million are on the government dime and who scream and shout we must crush all those evil millionaires and billionaires even tho there are less than 10 million in existence.

So now that people want the elites to pay the same percentage of taxes is crushing the elites? So much for everyone in this country being equal. Look at your "job creators" their profits are going up while the number of employees are going down. And the GOP are saying they need the tax breaks.

and let us not forget the defense of abortion which has killed over 50 million children.

The government has no place in telling a woman what she can do with her body. What should be done if the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest? Would you tell this woman too bad you have to have the kid. Of course they could put these kids in orphanages but then that would just be more people living on the government dime that you cry about so much.

i ask does the mainstream democrat not see the blind greed and ignorance of their own party. money power control and thought and beliefs.

This applies to both parties that's why both parties need to be dismantled. Having a two party system has screwed this country up because people just blindly vote for one or the other party without finding out how the politicians stands on issues. This is the kind of ignorance leads to the bad leadership we have had over the decades.
edit on 24-9-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Yes, I will deny ignorance.

Yours.

Thanks.

And again, another Republicans are Evil thread?

Come on. You must be looking for some stars and flags.

Is it evil to be a party that denies logic and reason? To even vilify science while wholly embracing corporations? I consider these things to be a combination of ignorance and greed. The hive-like mentality indicates this is a widespread trait and even a prerequisite to being Republican. And right now, your inability to face the question honestly, and without spin, has placed your own ignorance on full display.

I understand it's uncomfortable to be shown when you are wrong, and the natural reaction is to be defensive. I would really like if we could honestly discuss this ignorance requirement and why it has become so prevalant in the Republican party.

You're pretty full of yourself, aren't you? Science is what proved "global warming" to be a hoax borne of unimaginable greed - by the Democrats.

All you have really done is prove your own "discomfort at being wrong" with your posts. You show no willingness to "discuss" anything, only to denegrate others that do not subscribe to your narrow, uninformed views.

If you are so concerned about the environment, may I suggest you take this argument to India, Pakistan, China and all the other countries polluting the atmosphere at greater rates than the US could ever come close to.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
I don't think all republicans are ignorant and greedy, just as I don't think all democrats are ignorant and greedy. To generalise one party or the other based on the actions of the few IS ignorant at best. Now if you will excuse me the mailman just came and I have to go steal the neighbors social security check and put another tire on my fire.

So you don't see a hive like mentality of mainstream republicans to deny science? Have you not watched the debate? Saying you believe scientists is sacrilege for this party. Accepting any responsibility at all for the environment is sacrilege.

Why is it that republicans can consistently take the side of inequality, consistently favor corporations over people, consistently stand against the environment, unemployed, and the poor... and yet when questioned on it, they refuse to own it?

Either own your stance and defend your convictions without spin, or accept your ignorance.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The applause Rick Perry received from the crowd on his record of executions was pretty telling. All those God fearing Republicans cheering on the man who has sanctioned the death of hundreds. What happened to "thou shall not Kill"

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

OP, that was very much a blanket statement. I'm a Republican HOWEVER I don't agree with the general opposition to abortion. Although it's not a personal choice that I would, or did, make it's not my place to judge or condemn the female or couple involved. I don't know the circumtances surriounding their decision.
I'm not opposed or going to condemn someone for being homosexual. RECENT reserch has shown that if
Dmrt1 is lost in testes many male cells become female cells in the testes. Removing a gene called Fox12 in females causes the ovaries tobecome more like testes, it's REPROGRAMING & can happen naturally at any age.
It's personal beliefs & I tend agree more with the Republican "agenda" than I do that of the Democratic "agenda". Why make a public statemnt pretty much saying ALL Republicans are extreme right wing conservatives. It's your right to disagree with the sights of a few public candidates & their staunch supporters but please don't throw me under that bus with them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

Yes, I will deny ignorance.

Yours.

Thanks.

And again, another Republicans are Evil thread?

Come on. You must be looking for some stars and flags.

Is it evil to be a party that denies logic and reason? To even vilify science while wholly embracing corporations? I consider these things to be a combination of ignorance and greed. The hive-like mentality indicates this is a widespread trait and even a prerequisite to being Republican. And right now, your inability to face the question honestly, and without spin, has placed your own ignorance on full display.

I understand it's uncomfortable to be shown when you are wrong, and the natural reaction is to be defensive. I would really like if we could honestly discuss this ignorance requirement and why it has become so prevalant in the Republican party.

You're pretty full of yourself, aren't you? Science is what proved "global warming" to be a hoax borne of unimaginable greed - by the Democrats.

All you have really done is prove your own "discomfort at being wrong" with your posts. You show no willingness to "discuss" anything, only to denegrate others that do not subscribe to your narrow, uninformed views.

If you are so concerned about the environment, may I suggest you take this argument to India, Pakistan, China and all the other countries polluting the atmosphere at greater rates than the US could ever come close to.

So global warming is a greedy hoax to push man toward a cleaner sustainable future... as revealed by FOX News and supported by Big Oil? Right? Do you not see the truth behind this?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think it's about time you accepted your own ignorance and stop insulting others.

You made a thread in order to start a discussion - or was your intent simply to feel good about yourself by claiming everyone else is not as enlightened as you?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Wait, a democrat complaining about finger pointing??????? The party of it's Bush's fault? Are you serious?
Pot meet Kettle.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

ETA - really not worth my time.

Cheers All!

edit on 24-9-2011 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I guess you want to ignore "an eye for an eye"?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

From the denials of global warming and man's impact on the environment,

Can you provide evidence that global warming is man-made? As far as I know, no-one has yet.

to their constant loyalty toward corporations and support for war in oil rich nations,

Last time I checked, Obama (the guy who bows to saudi kings) is a democrat. You might want to tell Jeff Imhelt (CEO of GE) who is Obama's "jobs czar" not to move bsinesses to China.

blind nationalism,

*shakes fist*
Curse you people who love America. Damn you!

[quot]hatred and distrust of outsiders

It's no fun, being an illegal allien. . . . everybody sing!

while always saving judgement and cynicism for the poor, the needy, the sick, the peace loving, and environmentally conscious. Does the mainstream republican base rely solely on a mixture of ignorance and greed?

Clarification please. And arn't YOU saving judgement for republicans? Judge not, lest ye be judged.

There is something extremely disturbing about this hive mentality. In fact if you notice in debates and other discussions... republicans who do not embrace the hive mentality are shunned from the group.

That's because they refuse to worship at the blood altar of Sarah Palin. (all hail Sarah) *bow 5 times in the direction of Wasilla.

I don't understand how any free-thinking, socially conscious person can embrace this twisted mentality? In order to support today's Republican party must a person also embrace Ignorance and/or Greed?

That's because of your warped narritive and absurd definition.

Have a tofu-wheat grass cappuchino and relax.

edit on 24-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

I wonder if Jesus would cheer on the execution score tally.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

I wonder if Jesus would cheer on the execution score tally.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
-Bible.

Using that little gem, I think we're all screwed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So, in the same retort you state some Reps are good, but not that good. But then you go on to suggest that Dems are better.

If you think one is just as bad as the other, why not start an opposing thread "Democrats: the party of ignorance and greed"?.

Or, just keep backpedaling. That is more fun to watch unfold.

Mainstream implies a generalization ... You may not like it... but mainstream republicans deny science, embrace inequality, they favor the rich over the poor, to the extent that they can justify government assistance for the wealthy but not for the poor. They will say teachers are lazy and don't deserve 60K a year, but CEOs responsible for the downfall of the economy deserve more breaks.

Not all Republicans are the same just as not all Democrats are the same. Ron Paul is a shining example of a republican who is different, but he is also not mainstream.

Whereas mainstream democrats tend to support the environment, support the idea of healthcare for all, they they basically demonstrate a mainstream level on social conscience and compassion for their fellow man as well as a responsibility for the environment.

Also, as corrupt as they are at the top, democrats are not using the Jerry Springer style lowest common denominator tactic that Republicans have employed for the last 10 years.

So, yes, I see a very big fundamental difference.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Wait, a democrat complaining about finger pointing??????? The party of it's Bush's fault? Are you serious?
Pot meet Kettle.

Yes, how absurd to hold Bush responsible for anything despite him being the man on watch when we had our first homeland attack in 60 years, engaged in a never ending war on terrorism, and tanked our economy on his exit.

This is the ridiculous absurd mind-boggling level of ignorance I'm talking about.

Seriously, you don't see Bush's impact on where we are today?????? Were you born in 2009??? Republicans, please, stand up to this ignorance. If you recognize your responsibility, please indicate it so the rest of the world can begin to take you seriously.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

To say the public school system produces nothing but ignorance is an ignorant statement in itself. Do you think all college school kids come from prep schools? No they sure aren't a child gets out of the school what they put into it.

yeah alrighty then do tell why are those who go to private school richer and smarter than their public counter parts eh?

So now that people want the elites to pay the same percentage of taxes is crushing the elites? So much for everyone in this country being equal. Look at your "job creators" their profits are going up while the number of employees are going down. And the GOP are saying they need the tax breaks.

hate to break it to when you value what other people have more than what you have thats called greed

The government has no place in telling a woman what she can do with her body. What should be done if the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest? Would you tell this woman too bad you have to have the kid. Of course they could put these kids in orphanages but then that would just be more people living on the government dime that you cry about so much.

sorry murder is murder and hiding behind womens rights for would could should haves we are talking about murder and those who have a sighly hipper rap of what murder means.

This applies to both parties that's why both parties need to be dismantled. Having a two party system has screwed this country up because people just blindly vote for one or the other party without finding out how the politicians stands on issues. This is the kind of ignorance leads to the bad leadership we have had over the decades.

so you say but out of all the posts you responded to was in defense of liberal policies

blah blah the proof is in the pudding
edit on 24-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join