It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Squid Washing Ashore Today In Orange County.. This Mostly just a fish die off update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

So I guess there's Squids washing ashore on Various Beaches in California and supposedly it's nothing unusual (I googled it and it's only been happening past few years) but one time it happened directly following a Earthquake. I was thinking that maybe the same thing is happening today but the Earthquake was in a place with no seismographs. There has been a lot of speculation on how Underwater Earthquakes and Volcanic Eruptions are becoming more frequent causing frozen methane deposits to thaw. Which in turn potentially causes mass die offs and beachings because the lack of air in the water and rise in Acidity is poisonous to fish.

www.nbcbayarea.com...

This is a link to a previous earthquake that caused squid to come ashore but what is strange is the squid couldn't be rescued for some reason. People were saying how it was like their compass was broken.

“It’s like their equilibrium is all messed up and they don’t know what they’re doing and they can’t back out there,” Bill Baumann said. “It was like they got -- I don’t know -- all shook up.”

“I have never seen squid in the 42 years that I’ve lived here on the shores in La Jolla,” she said.

I live a few hours north of here and have never personally seen a squid come ashore ever but i guess it's becoming the norm in the 2000's. It could possibly be from a unseen predator in the water making them come ashore because they couldn't be washing ashore from to far out. Being that everything in the ocean eats squid they wouldn't have made it ashore if they were all messed.

IMO all the Die offs, Beachings, Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Solar Flares are connected but I won't get into that because it'd just be rehashing dead topics on ATS. This was just a quick update and a lil speculation on my part, Have a great Day Everyone

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have to be honest with you, while the image was loading, I was really expecting the squid to be really big like in those horror movies. Sigh, have to keep my expectation low these times.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i was expecting to see one of those rare 30footers on the beach...but hey grab um and fry um then eat like a king for awhile save some mulah....its what id do...mmm fried squid.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah I was hoping for a monster as well or at least something along the lines of the Tazmanian Blob
woulda made it a bit more exciting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My mom went to the beach today (in OC) and said there were people fishing up squid all over the place. Not sure which beach exactly, my guess is Huntington or Newport.

I'm not big on going to the beaches but I can't say I've heard about this happening before in the 18 or so years I've lived here.

top topics

join