It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And therin lies my pont corinthas, If as you say you are an anarchist why do you care about what others say or think? How does it affect you? How does my pride in my native land impinge on your freedoms or actions? Why would you care if others are "in your opinion" delusional or spinning?
Second I am 1/16 seminole indian (the only trbe that ws never concered in battle) My great grandmother was the first whte woman born in a seminole indian village and later in lfe took a seminole husband. It has given me a more openminded look at the coutry of my birth and an abillity to look at BOTH the good nd the bad, something which you seem unable to do.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've seen American "presidents" and "military" defenseman make this country look bad many times, however, it doesn't make the country "bad" in and of itself.
I remember one thing that pissed me off...

When the U.S went in and told the residents of the Marshall Islands that they had to go elsewhere because they were doing nuclear testing...
These people went into exile because of this, imagine, just walking into a country and telling people to get out??

How wrong is that... And why? For the betterment of the United States..

this is an example that makes us look bad... It's not cool, they don't care, us people do but what can we do when we have a heirarchy so to speak..
We've allowed the government to get big, we haven't maintained the de-centralized gov that was once supposed to be/stay..
We should blame ourselves for bending over...

However, there are many bad things they do that I don't agree with, and i'm sorry alot of things happened...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
And therin lies my pont corinthas, If as you say you are an anarchist why do you care about what others say or think? How does it affect you? How does my pride in my native land impinge on your freedoms or actions? Why would you care if others are "in your opinion" delusional or spinning?
Second I am 1/16 seminole indian (the only trbe that ws never concered in battle) My great grandmother was the first whte woman born in a seminole indian village and later in lfe took a seminole husband. It has given me a more openminded look at the coutry of my birth and an abillity to look at BOTH the good nd the bad, something which you seem unable to do.

So as an anarchist i can't care about what people say?
The definition of an anrachist is someone who wants to minimize state intervention in peoples lives.
Has nothing to do with caring (or not) about what other people think or do.

Thanks for sharing that, btw, pleasure to "meet' you.

Me, I am a large part Irish, so excuse me for being very anti-empire and even more anti-religion as I have see what they do to a poeple and a country.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
No, this country is not blessed by god any more than any other country, but by big corporation and big money, and instead of handling billions out to other countries it should be used to help the needy here in this country, but occurs is better to keep the poor poorer in this country that to make them to happy so they can fight the government better.

And now that we have Jesus impersonated in the white house is not end on how he should punish the people in this country and abroad for sinners.

Yes this is a great country and it could be better but the poor choices of administration we have is narrow to two chosen candidates and a third or four wannabe.

Our elections are so controlled is not funny, This is a rich nation and the leadership of this nation is kept in control, that is why when you see money given to candidate big corporations contributions goes either to one candidate or the other most times is both of them just to make sure.

I always said that our government is corrupted; we just turn our heads to the other side as long as our paydays and checks are in time.

Its all about manipulation.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am very proud of my nation and I realy wouldnt want to live anywhere else
but honestly I dont think America right now is the greatest country in the world...
Or if it is that mainly has to do with the fact that I live in it

but seriously though I think we have the potential to be the greatest nation in the world we're just not living up to it though.
America will never be the greatest nation in the world by being the strongest or the richest. We are only the greatest nation in the world when we stand out as a shining example for the rest of the world. Unfortunately in my opinion we are not living up to that right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The majority of anarchists tend to relate anarchy with a government system.

Anarchy truly never existed anywhere... the human a social animal and if even all hell breaks loose there will always be some leader they will run too.

In the middle ages.. people think of this as a time of anarchy which it wasn't. You had the peasants who tended to serve a Lord in exchange for food and a place to live.

So truly, "true" anarchy never existed.. except in the minds of those who wish to live in one. But I tell you, as soon as society breaks down and your car and your supermarket becomes no more.. you'll be crying for a government system once again to come into place.

I don't consider myself a nationalist flag waving patriot American. I feel as if the government is a backwards government.

1. It ignores real terrorism intel and only looks at the garbage intel.

2. It gives food and money to the 3rd world nations where it usually ends up in the hands of terrorists and the overlords which try to run it, while peoples basic needs go unmet in our country. With all the surplus food in this country wasted instead of distributed to those who need it.

3. They focus on issues of little importance.. the politicans rather bash parties yet people are dying out there due to these decisions and they still do nothing except bash parties.

4. They want to try to stop people from getting life-essential drugs from Canada so that they are forced to pay triple or quadruple the price from the fraud drug companies who madly overprice medicines that for some reason can be made cheaper elsewhere.

5. Profits comes first, lives later.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have always said and always will say that Americans are justified to be proud of their country, just as any other country is. Americans have stood for good when Europe was meddling in Latin America in the early 1820s, again during World War I and during World War II. That I have a huge problem with what the American government is doing right now (invading sovereign nations, caring zero for what other countries think) does not erase that.

HOWEVER... there is a difference between pride and arrogance. There is a difference between saying "We're proud to be American because we stand for good and strong ideals" and saying "We're the greatest nation in the world and other nations are gnats compared to us." I think that the latter attitude is what angers other countries - that if you're not American, you're made to feel by some (and I do say SOME) that you live in a lesser country.

And sadly, the problem with a board like this one, where Americans are the majority, is that foreigners are sometimes made to feel that their opinion doesn't matter or isn't wanted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join