It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1302 and this coming week. The scary dates of the 26th-27th.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Look at the size of this sunspot!

sunspot 1302 has already produced two X-flares (X1.4 on Sept. 22nd and X1.9 on Sept. 24th), can another be far behind? NOAA forecasters put the 24-hour probability at 20%. The sheer size of the active region suggests the odds might be even higher than tha

Spaceweather also has a close up of the sun spot.

Each of the dark cores in this snapshot from the Solar Dynamics Observatory is larger than Earth, and the entire active region stretches more than 100,000 km from end to end. The sunspot's magnetic field is crackling with sub-X-class flares that could gro

My question is could there be a connection with these dates ( the 26th and 27th) ?

I know their are a few that are saying the next alignment with Elenin, which I am still unsure about. Is it possible that we might get one hell of a flare that will cause us darkness and take our breath away at the same time?

Space weather says these sunspots are bigger then earth and there are 3 of them.

What do you guys think?

Me , I feel that its gonna blow a x8 right towards us.

I hope not!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wrong thread. Sorry.
edit on 24-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i hope we get hit by a big one that sends us back to the dark age >
maybe then we can sort out some of are problems instead of using computers to try n solve them....sure it would suck not to have a working tv phone pc w.e..but thats ok because i can still go out and see the people i wanna talk to in person....could you imagen having a social life again and how being out in the sun would be nice...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't get the attention on sunspots, there have been millions of them (if not billions) and all of a sudden they are predicted to be weekly doom bringers?

Explain...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

How does hiding in trees shield us from the CMEs ? Its the flood, its coming!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I caught it. I put it in the wrong thread.

It was supposed to be in Here

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

im with you here i dont see it being "Doom bringing" i think its cool and i guess for me the big deal is with are tech now a days we can track and record a full solar cycle and photograph it....i believe the sun is something of beauty not death n destruction we are nearing the end of the cycle...so the flares are probably...not for sure...its a possibility they dont...get bigger n worse....is it going to end all life...no is it going to cause mass flooding...yet again no...this is something that has been going on since the sun was born and will do so untill it dies...we are still around...so it obvious that the cycle will run its course a new will begin and we will be able to watch it and photograph it and enjoy its beauty...

all those screaming OMG ITS END OF THE WORLD...learn your facts at most we get sent to the dark age with no power for awhile.....boohoo get out and do something in the meantime.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
maybe then we can sort out some of are problems instead of using computers to try n solve them....sure it would suck not to have a working tv phone pc w.e..but thats ok because i can still go out and see the people i wanna talk to in person....could you imagen having a social life again and how being out in the sun would be nice...

If you wish for total anarchy in the world, that will be fine. I'd like to see some of these people who say this stuff really react in that situation. There will be no friendly conversations, or any social life, you'll be too busy trying to survive.

The sun's being blowing for years upon years, why are we worried now ?
edit on 24-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

And what does that do, apparently nothing to worry about. Some cell towers and phone lines go down for a few hours big whoop.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

edit as post i was replying to has been deleted .

snoopyuk
edit on 24-9-2011 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I don't get the attention on sunspots, there have been millions of them (if not billions) and all of a sudden they are predicted to be weekly doom bringers?

Explain...

In our ever-increasing need to feel mortal and seek drama, this is just another of those things that people really love to bang on about in the hope that something might happen.
In all honesty, while the regularity and intensity of these sunspots has increased recently, it has also probably happened billions of times before, and nothing bad happened.

There are changes that we have made to this planet that might create a bigger disaster, but I still think the chances of experiencing "that" event in our lifetimes is almost nil.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

then so be it...its bound to happen eventually the economy is bound to crash everything will hit the fan the world will collapse and those of us who can survive off the land will be fine....i can do without much of anything i actually like a good fire cooking food over it relying on nature.....its not that bad its peaceful and less stressful then day to day life....plus it would be a good way to give people a new fresh start!...

but really if i had to give any advice it would be learn to live off the land and be self efficient you never know when u might need it when the world falls apart.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Explain...

It's only because now we know what they are capable of. The bigger they are the more hits we take, The more hits we take the more we go into the dark ages!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
its ok

we still have an EMF

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow the doom just keeps comin.. in the minds of the paranoid
whats soo scary about this one?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Why worry
The whole universe is one big EMF

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

I am not causing doom. Yes, I may be personally afraid of the sun spots, But I should be entitled my own opinion. right?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by Calex1987

If you wish for total anarchy in the world, that will be fine. I'd like to see some of these people who say this stuff really react in that situation. There will be no friendly conversations, or any social life, you'll be too busy trying to survive.

The sun's being blowing for years upon years, why are we worried now ?
edit on 24-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Do you really think a power outage would cause MASS ANARCHY in the world?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

I am not causing doom. Yes, I may be personally afraid of the sun spots, But I should be entitled my own opinion. right?
Ya know KJ,.
yes everyone is entitled to an opinion,. But.....
is it really scary?
there have been a bunch of X flares this year..and no issues.
why is this one different?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

Ya know KJ,.
yes everyone is entitled to an opinion,. But.....
is it really scary?
there have been a bunch of X flares this year..and no issues.
why is this one different?

Yes, there has been a bunch of x flares. How many towards earth? X style? Not many... This is something I look at everyday. I am not a genius on the subject, but I do know what I look at. This sun spot is bigger then any of the ones I have seen in the past. That is what scares me.

I don't think we are all gonna die. I just don't think people are ready for the sudden change if it does occur.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join