It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Sounds Followed By Monkey Howls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just went out to my deck, and for the 3rd time today I heard what sounds like a military plane, way up in the sky, followed by what can only be described as monkey howling sounds.

I have never heard such a thing, and I cannot see any craft. Has anyone else ever heard such a thing?
I will try and record it if it happens again. I have heard many sounds out on the deck over the years, but not this one.
Am I just tripping? Too much coffee?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES. ITS HAPPENING!

This post was supposed to be funny, if in any case you feel threatened or demoralized by this post, I apologise.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KnocksMeDead

Hey with a claim such as mine, all is fair!

I just thought it was a little bizarre and wonder if any type of craft or maneuver could make these sounds.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This a little off topic, but I live in somewhat rural Indiana. For the last few months on quiet nights, I hear something that sounds to me like a monkey howling. Thats really the best way I can describe it. I figure it must be some sort of bird or owl, but it really does sound like a monkey. Dont know if its related or not, but I live about 30 minutes from the airport in Louisville, and planes circle over the area where I live all day and all night. I assume that they are waiting for clearance to land.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Parachuting apes from a secret government experiment...how cool!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree with poster above. Just parachuting apes.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

How familiar are you, with the sounds that monkeys make?

Seems that unless you are in Africa, or near a zoo somewhere, then it may be more likely that it is a different type of animal. Maybe even a bird.

My first thought, was thinking about what happens when a train passes through this small town, late at night. All is quiet. The train wakes the dogs. Soon after, every single dog that is outside, within a couple miles, is barking and/or howling.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In all honestly, to take your question with an open mind, is it really that far fetched that a flying primate exists in our world?
Iv'e seen monster quest, there are reports of weird stuff, and some of it has to be somewhat based on fact.

Just keep watching, maybe you will see something.

Especially if it's being followed by a military plane, then that opens the possibility of a genetic experiment. They've been finding dinosaur DNA recently, so this is definitely the time for something like this to be going on.

we are on this site to support each other in our individual quest for knowledge and answers to alternative questions. Anyone who is giving you a hard time can come to the River City and answer to me, personally.

good luck

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

How familiar are you, with the sounds that monkeys make?

Fairly familiar BC, I have always been a nature fan and have watched countless docs on animals. I have been to zoos numerous times and I feel that I know what monkey howling sounds like, even though that could be considered a very wide range. I feel certain it was an after effect of an aircraft of some type, because I heard the consistent jet sound, but as it faded, it was followed by these sounds. It could have been some kind of manipulation of the wind maybe, but yes monkey howls is what came to mind, even if that is not a practical description.

peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRiverCityAnswer

This was plane sounds first, followed by the howling noise, and they were not separate.
Plus these were way up in the sky, so far that I could not even see the craft. Your premise is intriguing though, but I think a bit different.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

edit on 24-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join