It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid impact September 29th 2004

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't know about asteroids, but I know some people who did nothing but complain all day, September 19, 2004, about their "roids" and how they were itching and burning them up and they felt like it was the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well it is now in October, and the Asteroid has still not hit us. I am starting to think that our chances of getting Hemorhroids is better than seeing Asteroids.

While the Toutatis`s path is inconsisent, it stills seems to have a fairly common pattern. Wouldn`t you think that this Asteroids would have hit us a long time ago, if it followed close to the same pattern? People use fear to incite panic, trying to use this false propoganda to make people want to go to church. Fear also makes ratings go up.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well it is now in October, and the Asteroid has still not hit us. I am starting to think that our chances of getting Hemorhroids is better than seeing Asteroids.

I think having roids might be more painful than an asteroid hitting us.ha

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
doomsday has come and gone....it really makes you think if any paranormal phenomenon that claims to be real with all its "proof" is just the result of paranoia
not saying it is or isnt

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ya know, before when people would post thier astroid impact prediction threads, I was one of the first to say nothing would happen...

but something has happened quite frequently lately that is helping change my mind...

I'm not saying that it's predictable, but .. an impact really just may be in our near future...

recently the movie Armaggedon has been on an awful lot, I watched it again last night as a matter of fact, I'll bet it's been on at least 5-6 times in the month of September alone.

Is our government trying to tell us something... ??? I think so !!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i am thinking about september29.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It´s very funny to read this thread, knowing now that an asteroid did in fact hit Earth in September 2004. Not Teutatis but another one. They call this one a "mini armageddon type asteroid" and it exploded over Antarctica in September 2004.

Should the asteroid not have fragmented on impact with the atmosphere it is speculated that the devastation could have been similar to the nuclear bomb dropped by the Americans on Hiroshima.

ATS: Mini Armageddon Type Asteroid Exploded Over Antarctica

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I had the best view of an actual lunar impact September 29 1996,seen at about 9 pm under excellent conditions.It was a sunday night I believe.I had a 60mm swift small scope balanced on the roof of my car with my elbows as tripod(steady).My eyes were completely adapted and I saw 3-4 diameters away from the moon quickly streak what looked like a brightly lit ice ball from a comet the week before.I saw it spin violently because the brightness varied quickly when it was captured by the Moon's gravity well and made it veer dramatically downward changing angle.That was all naked eye view so it was large enough for me to detect completely naked eye.How large would that have to be for me to see it at the distance of the Moon? I then looked into the lens to follow it down to impact,and was pleasntly rewarded because I could locate it easily flying over Mons Moro in Mare Cognitum.There is a natural formation that points to the impact zone fortunately.I saw it hit and spray dust in a sea shell-shaped wave upwards and be brightly underlit,then fall in a second and darken. Since the crater is new(12 years old) it will stand clear as NEW when compared to Clementine 1994 shots of Mons Moro area. The water buried underground I expect will be the best find of cometery water giving great clues to the constitution of comets,and give water for recycling and consumption. The importance of this find cannot be overemphasized. Water from a comet on the Moon is really great. I cannot guarantee it is exactly what I described,but I'm connecting the dots,and it can be verified.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join