It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Chunk of the Satellite landed on our farm! What can we do with it?[HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Tried another exif reader. Still not much to go by

JFIF
JFIF Version 1.01
Resolution 96 pixels/inch
File — basic information derived from the file.
File Type JPEG
MIME Type image/jpeg
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
File Size 186 kB
Image Size 1,341 × 646
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentorman
Wow. I've never been on this side of the slams before. I'm signing off until my son digs it out and I get get photos (many from all directions) to post here now that I know how, somewhat. Till then enjoy.

Given the nature of the site, and the wide variety of claims that are made on a daily basis, we HAVE to be very skeptical at all times. It's our job, otherwise, we're just a bunch of idiots that deserve all of the ribbing we get.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Looked to see if anyone was selling satellite parts on Ebay yet...
Only 1 so far - and it's not real...just trying to be funny
Item #260860297686

Check that - 2 - also just a funny guy
edit on 24-9-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm a little skeptical about this because it seems the photo was passed through a photo editing program. What was the purpose of this?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I agree, too close, beautifully green stalk.

So, the OP is in Canada for sure? Which Province?

The more I look the more my inner skeptic comes out.

The ears on those corn stalks are small and immature, more like late July or early August than late September.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Under the terms of the Outer Space Treaty of 1967, the US government retains ownership of the debris and could, if it so wished, seek to take possession of any items found on the ground. With those ownership rights also comes absolute liability if a piece of UARS is found to have damage property or injured someone. "There is something called international responsibility; they're internationally liable," explained Joanne Wheeler of law firm CMS Cameron McKenna, and an expert representative for the UK on the UN Subcommittee for the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space. "The Americans have to retain jurisdiction and control, and that pretty much can be interpreted as ownership. So they own it up there, they own it if it comes down to Earth and they're liable if it crashes into something."

BBC News link

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I'm a little skeptical about this because it seems the photo was passed through a photo editing program. What was the purpose of this?

May I ask...what makes you think this? The OP had a beotch of a time just figuring out how to post the pic. It took multiple helping hands from other ATSers to get it posted. Just curious...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It does look like the ears could be immature but that could be the size of the crater itself throwing off perspective. A It does look just like when we blew a stump out of a corn field around here.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

I agree, too close, beautifully green stalk.

So, the OP is in Canada for sure? Which Province?

The more I look the more my inner skeptic comes out.

The ears on those corn stalks are small and immature, more like late July or early August than late September.

And you have ME re-thinking! But, as you said earlier, we aren't familiar with the Canadian growing season.

Better yet, Canada is loaded with diamonds. I read somewhere that most our diamonds arrive via meteorites. This guy might have something better than a hunk of junk if it's for real. Can you imagine a diamond that size?

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dont think its a fire pit, if thats the case someone removed all the 1/2 burnt wood and then went to extreme effort to rake it and make it look like an impact crater. I think this guy is really telling the truth here about something impacting on his farm.

Thers nothing there that looks anything like it being a fire pit, and it appears to be in the middle of a field of growing crops. Not the best place for a fire pit. Im also noticing that the crops(corn) have been pushed out away from the pit as if by some blast.
edit on 24-9-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The lack of EXIF data and the large white areas around the picture. It looks as if someone pasted the original photo onto a new image with a larger resolution in MSPaint. There is no telling what else was changed or when this photo was taken.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

"In the past few days, Nasa warned members of the public not to touch any pieces of the spacecraft that might survive the fall to land, urging them to contact local law enforcement authorities instead.

""I've seen some things that have re-entered and they tend to have sharp edges, so there's a little concern that they might hurt themselves if they try to pick them up," said Mark Matney, an orbital debris scientist from Nasa's Johnson Space Center.""

Sharp edges?

Who are they kidding?

link   
I think I've seen that pic somewhere before.... you guys sure the OP uploaded his pics yet?

link   
i can not believe this has going 5 pages lol.
First nice firepit second if that's what hes claiming is the impact spot no way no how .
My god its a chunk of metal very thin no way it would make a crater this size and burie its self to boot.
If it hit that hard there wouldn't be any thing left to recognize as a piece of metal .
No one else noticed the burned wood pieces in the bottom??
Besides and finly that corn is way to YOUNG to be a photo taken today.My god people there no ears on it yet even this photo if in Canada was taken in July if in America was taken in lat may
and yes look at the far side of the photo still you can see No ears yet VERY young corn .Its the end of September folks corn is brown every ware even in Canada .September 24 Canada is already into fall.
and America is harvesting corn as we chat .
No way no how I grow up on a farm this is at latest a June photo no matter if in the us or Canada

link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yup, but the OP already put their foot in it now...they will be busting the door down to the home in 0.8 seconds flat now!!! We were told not to touch it I don't think it's to protect the people, it's because touching it can be interpreted as attempting theft. I think personally. But that is for the US citizen, I dunno for Canada the government of Canda may be able to intervene if the US tries to arrest one of their citizens?

Canada and the US trade people all the time..
If I commited a crime in Canada and fled to the US
and Canada found out where I was they would want me
expedited back. The US. would do it. So would Canada.
Unless you were seeking asylum for good reason with proof.
There not going to give you asylum after you tell them you stole a piece of U.S.
government property and that is why you want asylum.
Even if they did grant you asylum, they could just send a CIA assasin.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Yup, first thing I did was to check exif, and got the same....Nothing...

OP, what is the make and model of your camera please? That's an odd resolution too. I agree it has been edited. And if he has the tools to wipe exif data, this is gonna stink....No one who can't figure out how to post a pic has exif wiping tools...

It's an interesting pic, though. But there are a lot of very perceptive eyes around here. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If it really is real, then I wouldn't have your son dig it out, it could be radioactive material and you might endanger your sons life and yours.

It isn't your property anyways, even if it did land on your property.

Contact JPL or NASA, or your local sheriffs office, but just leave it alone.

You might want to contact a local newspaper, and they will send out a crew to photograph it. The only way that you could make money on it is to sell the video of the hole, and video tape everyone that comes out to look at the hole, and video tape anything they discover.

But don't try to keep any of what is there, it is not yours and you will get into trouble if you try to keep any of it.
edit on 24-9-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear

I dont think its a fire pit, if thats the case someone removed all the 1/2 burnt wood and then went to extreme effort to rake it and make it look like an impact crater. I think this guy is really telling the truth here about something impacting on his farm.

Thers nothing there that looks anything like it being a fire pit, and it appears to be in the middle of a field of growing crops. Not the best place for a fire pit.

It appears to be in the middle of growing crops, it could be just one plant in a 5 gallon bucket..
Most crops are tilled and the grass and weeds are kept out..
How about the *pit* part of fire pit. Or the maybe the gray ash inside of the pit.
edit on 24-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear

Thers nothing there that looks anything like it being a fire pit, and it appears to be in the middle of a field of growing crops. Not the best place for a fire pit.

It goes from crater to healthy looking corn.

Where is the half burned corn?

If the heat was intense enough to completely obliterate the corn that was in the crater, how did the corn right next to it avoid being scorched?

I'm calling this one hoax, it just doesn't add up.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Canada's corn growing season

Canadian corn is harvested from the end of September through the end of November

Canada
Canada is ranked twelfth in the world for corn production, producing an average crop of 7,684 TMT. On average, Canada consumes 8,359 TMT of corn. Imports and exports for Canada are 1,036 TMT and 399 TMT respectively. Average ending stocks for Canada are 799 TMT.

Canada's major corn growing areas are located in the southern regions of the country around the Great Lake's. In Canada, corn is planted from the first of May through the end of June. Corn will then silk from the first of July through the end of August. Canadian corn is harvested from the end of September through the end of November.
www.spectrumcommodities.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join