It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Witness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
After watching this show for 3 weeks and the previews for the newest episode. I thought I would make a post on here to get the take of our paranormal community and experts here on ATS. How many of you have seen this show and more importantly what do you think of it? The one I watched this past Wednesday with the Poltergeist was pretty freaky stuff, and the actual cell phone videos and photographs made things even freakier. Now they are promising the scariest account ever in the Mansfield Mansion. So anyway thought I would get the opinions of you all. I am inluding a link for the full episodes available on SyFy and the previews. Look forward to responses.

video.syfy.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

i am satisfied that the paranormal is getting more and more attention. i love ghost hunters, ghost adventures etc.
but i am no big fan of the reenactment style series, i prefer e.g. my ghost story, where real footages are shown.

edit on 24-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My girl digs it more than I do.

I'm also not a fan of reenactments.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I've never seen the show but I checked out your link.
Yikes!
Seems to be a good one. Will definitely have to watch more.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

If you like Ghost Adventures did you happen to see the movie Grave Encounters?
Check it out! My Review

Have you ever wondered what would happen if Ghost Adventures went horribly, terribly, why the hell did we chain ourselves inside this place wrong? If so, look no further than Grave Encounters.

edit on 24-9-2011 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I actually watched this with my husband last night..it was freaky stuff..especially the photos and video...seeing the videos sent chills up my spine. Some may say they did it for attention..imo why bother wrecking your house and doing all this for a little attention? some freaky stuff was going on.
I like the show..but the story after it with the police guy..i thought what a joke..seeing what he believes to be Bigfoot...it mimics him then he points a gun at it the fool..no wonder whatever it was chased him...if it was coming at you fair enough but please really...shoot and ask questions later bull, no wonder these things don't show themselves ( if they really do exist).

but all in all pretty good show.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I thought that movie was actually well done myself. A lot of people I know are kind of tired of that whole First Person movies, and I can understand to a degree (especially when they try to pass themselves off as legit, i.ei Paranormal Activity, Blair Witch etc) All in all not to badly done. The part I especially liked about Grave Encounters was it reminded me that they can always turn the cameras off when they want too.

Ironically enough I made a joke about the latest Paranormal Witness with the poltergeist to a friend. I was saying if Jay and Grant found themselves in that house. I think they would tear out the door and piss there pants lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kalowe73

I agree with you 100% about the bigfoot thing. I was thinking the exact same thing. Oh I don't know what that thing is but it obviously understands me as it cocked it's head like I did. Oh crap better shoot it. Kind of like the other post on here right now about "IF you saw a UFO would you shoot it?" lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They have been interesting so far my fave was the ufo and the police helicopter. Last weeks poltergeist just seem way to much like "paranormal activity" the movie, with the foot print and the guy climbing into the attic. But other than that one they have'nt been to bad. I rather enjoyed lastnights Dead Files more that physic woman was spot on.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yeah I agree. If it's not done well, it totally kills it (bad joke).
I wasn't really a fan of Paranormal Activity either, but my friends say the second one was better. So, I'll end up watching it at some point I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

The Dead Files was good wasn't it!?
But there was something wrong with the client. I have a feeling he went into the show with a goal of promoting his new "Now Haunted" bed and breakfast. What do you think?

I actually did a review on that show too
The Dead Files Review

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately it would seem this thread dies here
; I guess I didn't add enough doom and gloom to it to make it popular

This week on Paranormal Witness find out how the ghost's are really aliens from another dimension allowed through by the rift opened up by the mighty planet Nibiru, and allowing the evil monsters through the veil into our world resulting in our absolute demise by October 31, 2011!!!

Did that work?
edit on 9/24/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Good catch especially at the end he was acting very strange when the three of them sat down together. I think he may have been shocked finding out the woman was child a killing physco. He seemed to have a different opinion of the ghost it seemed to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The last one at the end showed that guy being chased by a bigfoot creature.. plus he was a sherrif deputy, was a pretty good episode..

I have noticed a pattern in reenactments of poltergiest stories, and that is the victim families, usually the parents cant believe it is real, and they ignore their kids claims in every story told, telling them to go back to sleep, it was only a dream..

This leads to severe social and mental damage to the family members, especially the kids, in all the cases I've seen..

The endings usually have the situation resolved, but not always.. In many cases, the hauntings continue no matter where the families move to.. The entity seems to follow them in many cases, but not all..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There's a new show about the paranormal? Man! Now I really wish I had a tv or the internet on my computer so I can watch it! I LOVE anything paranormal!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
After watching this show for 3 weeks and the previews for the newest episode. I thought I would make a post on here to get the take of our paranormal community and experts here on ATS. How many of you have seen this show and more importantly what do you think of it? The one I watched this past Wednesday with the Poltergeist was pretty freaky stuff, and the actual cell phone videos and photographs made things even freakier. Now they are promising the scariest account ever in the Mansfield Mansion. So anyway thought I would get the opinions of you all. I am inluding a link for the full episodes available on SyFy and the previews. Look forward to responses.

video.syfy.com...

I have been watching these and there are a couple of things I have to say. First off, the haunting and poltergeist stuff is scary, however, what makes no sense to me (now just as a reminder, I am a Christian) it's ridiculous to me that the lady made an altar to the spirit. That was mistake number one. Second, calling in a Catholic Priest in my opinion does nothing. Sure they can help, but as a Christian, I know that we have authority to cast out demons in the name of Christ, you don't have to be a Catholic Priest. Third, there was another episode, where they called in a medium and she channeled the spirit and they told them to take out the bibles out of the house! I was jumping up and down. it was like, "Hello! If the spirit is harming you and telling you to take out bibles, why not get MORE bibles?"

It's sad to see the families have to move out. In every case so far of these haunting episodes, the resolution is that "the spirits win" but it doesn't have to be that way. Jesus Christ is the answer, with his authority, these entities don't stand a chance.

The same phenomenon of calling upon the name of Jesus has been shown to stop alien abductions (CE4research.com) sleep paralysis (stopsleepparalysis.com) and other demonic activities.

I also go through this in my film (ageofdeceit.com)

edit on 24-9-2011 by FaceLikeTheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Well I was raised Catholic and I am not all that big in the church right now, but a lot of what you said makes sense as well. Yes people should have more faith especially if they are religious or think of themselves as religious. I don't think it is a good idea for a priest or preacher to lead a person to believe they need them for a cleansing. I think it's on old Cliche' from to many Exorcism movies lol.

As for the episode you are talking about I have to agree 100% I was like wtf why would you toss the bibles cause it wants you too? Seriously? how dumb is that lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ya I was going nuts. It was like watching sports! lol throwing stuff at the TV.

I wasn't raised "religious" in fact more atheist in a Buddhist sense. But Christianity, true biblical Christianity made the most sense to me based on my experiences etc. I studied world religions in HS and thought I had it all figured out. But paranormal experiences certainly can change your views rather quickly when it comes to the supernatural.

Now the big foot thing is scary though...cuz you could say "I command you to leave in the name and blood of Jesus Christ!" and big foot can still squash you. That's a whole different thing in my opinion. Although, they seem to be somewhat spiritual beings as well.

The earth is certainly full of mystery.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Yeah he was acting strange. Even when Amy said, "uh you created a portal we should probably close that" he was like "...well. I'll have to think about that."
WTF do you mean you'll have to think about that?
Made no sense.
Plus he did that Ouija board type thing and was acting all duuuur when the detective was questioning him.
Something was definitely up with him.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The show includes real pictures and video? I didn't know about that. I figured it was just all re-enactments so I wasn't too trusting of it.

Thanks for the link to that movie too.. it looks interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join