It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's dead satellite finally falls, may have landed in Alberta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

NASA's dead satellite finally falls, may have landed in Alberta

Source

WASHINGTON — NASA’s dead six-tonne satellite fell to Earth early Saturday morning, starting its fiery death plunge somewhere over the vast Pacific Ocean.

There have been unconfirmed reports on Twitter about debris from the craft falling in Alberta, but NASA officials were not immediately available for comment on this.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/24/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Mod edit

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We someone have a location somewhere in the Midwest of where this beast of a satellite had fallen it seems feasible that it would fall in the Canadian Midwest, Alberta is absolutely huge , but so is Montana but we shall see where it actually lands if people think Alberta. Probably in a day or two we will get some sort of solid answer

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-9-2011 by hypr2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
NASA won't claim to know where it landed until they have every possible part of it secured.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If Harper is in his home riding when it comes down, this could be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From twitter...

NASA
A UARS update is posted at nasa.gov/uars and listen to a media teleconference at 2 p.m. EDT at nasa.gov/newsaudio

So... news conference shortly, but from all other reports the Canada thing is wrong, and its actually in the Pacific.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ya well it may have landed in rhode island or niger as well
just sayin

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

...What? I don't see how that's even remotely plausible given the track it was following.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ok setting intrepid's wishful thinking aside for the moment

Do we know where exactly? The Pacific or Alberta? I wouldn't be surprised if some debris landed in Alberta and elsewhere, the thing was probably coming apart at the seams...
edit on 24-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by duhdiggitydan

...What? I don't see how that's even remotely plausible given the track it was following.

Really? do you know the path the sattelite orbits? Link?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Really? do you know the path the sattelite orbits? Link?

Check the other threads, we tracked it all last night.

NASA was very open about it's track, just clueless about where it would eventually come down.

Really makes me wonder about our air defense network when they say they can't be sure where it landed.

My guess is they know exactly where it came down, but want to get there before the treasure hunters find it. Especially if it is in Canada, as our laws that prosecute people who pick up debris don't apply.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
yea the laws of finders keepers losers weepers pretty much applies in Canada, if anything a lot of sci-fi geeks will make haste to Alberta to look for any sort of parts from it. Or whatever is left from it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

heres how it was plausible my friend. I do hawww.nasa.gov... a map

new topics

top topics

join