It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about the timeshare SWINDLE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Not sure if the demographic here on ATS are the type of people that buy timeshares. In fact, I hope that potential customers of mine are not reading this. Anyone here own a timeshare? Of course, everyone likes to go on vacation, but....

I have been involved in the timeshare racket for years now. At first, I didn't even understand what we were doing, I thought I was helping people to save money. And of course, I enjoyed the stacks of money I was making for little if any real work. It even took me a couple of years to see through all the LIES that I myself was spouting off.

Then, sadly, I kept doing it, telling myself that it is the only way to make real money down here. Which it is. (I'm in Mexico)

Now, I have totally lost all self respect. I tell people lies as a matter of course. The way any sales process works is to sell the sizzle, not the steak. But when what you are selling is just smoke and mirrors, you are selling sizzle without any steak.

This stuff is blatant and outright fraud. However, when and if you read the contracts, it tells you exactly what you are getting, which is basically NOTHING. Any moron who would sign one of these contracts, either without reading it, or reading it and not understanding it, is just crazy in my opinion. Of course, the contract doesn't say what we are telling them it says. THAT is the swindle, basically. The way we present it is not what it really says in the contract. The whole pitch is totally misleading.

Almost every day, at least in the high season, I get people to give me twenty, thirty, forty thousand dollars within two hours! I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't doing it myself. Even now, with the economy in the toilet and the banksters' scam being unveiled, people are still willing to FINANCE big ticket items they do not need. I tell myself, if they are that dumb they deserve to get fleeced. But deep down I don't really believe it. They are willing to do it because they believe ME. I've never heard of any other type of sales where CREDIBILITY is an issue. Here credibility IS the issue. I figure we are a couple of notches below a used car salesman.

If I was a car dealer, and I told you this Corvette has five hundred horsepower, and can do 0-60 in 3 seconds, would you ever doubt that it really did? BUT, how would you feel if you signed the papers without driving it, and it was delivered to your house. Then when you popped the hood, all there was was a gerbil running on a wheel for an engine? Would you call that fraud? Then when you look at the papers you signed without paying attention, you find in the fine print it says you are buying a gerbil powered car. Now is it fraud, or are you just retarded?

The whole system is corrupt from the top down. In effect, it is like a microcosm of the world government and monetary system swindle. Once the money gets big, everyone gets weird. The company is ripping off the customers, and its own employees. The company rips off the managers, the managers rip off the reps, the reps rip off the customers, in a vicious circle. I can't take it any more.

I want to come back to the US, but from what I hear happening from everyone, not just on here, it is becoming a police state and I don't want to. Every time I go to visit there is more and more nazi type stuff and everyone is just like, "what?". So I have decided to write a book exposing all the lies and corruption of the timeshare industry, and publish it on Kindle. I will probably have to leave town, or even the country, if the book is successful, because I wouldn't be surprised if people wanted to actually whack me for it. This is a billion dollar business. For example, at our resort we typically sell around ten million a month, now. Used to be more like fifteen. We have seven resorts all doing the same. There are over a hundred resorts like this just around here. You do the math.

Well, I am rambling on. My question really is, do you guys think this book will sell? Would any of you buy it?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
sounds like you made the same mistake as millions of others around the world.. and sold your soul for a paycheck..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My folks get calls once or twice a week from people wanting to buy their timeshare property... Mostly just scams it seems like...

I cant really recall how the scam goes, but something where you need to send money to get the buyer to agree to purchasing or some kinda crap...

Like the above poster said, you are not alone in selling your soul for a paycheck... seems to be the hip thing these days... Atleast you will admit what you are doing! Star for that

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
money does that to you. i'm not mad at you....glad you woke up..... plus i sat in on a timeshare presentation and got a $200 visa gift card. so we're even...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah, but will anyone buy the book for 99 cents to get me out of the hell I've gotten myself into? Will this redeem me?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Yeah, but will anyone buy the book for 99 cents to get me out of the hell I've gotten myself into? Will this redeem me?

thread to be black bagged in

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
A fool and their money......

Anyone who's willing to give over several '000 $ without first reading the contract and making sure they understand it.

Or, if they cant be bothered at least get impartial leagal advice for a few hundred $ deserves a serious financial haircut IMO.

MR

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I too, was in this business for several years. Started out as a "rep", did that for several months, then became the closer/manager. I even did closing on every other year timeshares and other packages. I trained others to do what I did.

I dealt with some of the same issues you speak of. At first, I loved the money. I was a top sales rep consistantly. The old saying is "the top 10% of reps, make 80% of all the comissions". Being that I sold timeshares in the middle of Illinois vs you in a resort area of Mexican paradise to vacationers stuck there for a week, I sure you had a lot higher volume of "suckers" to pillage.

I left the business for another oppurtunity that didn't quite pan out and have thought about possibly going back to it. Money is money and it sure beats working in a hot factory all day.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by CaptChaos

jeez man.. you people really are scum.. i thought you were doing this to redeem what you have done wrong... but in fact you are only doing this to hawk your book and make more money..

you can stick your book where the sun don't shine buddy.. what goes around comes around in life, just remember that..

edit on 24/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

From what I gather, he hasn't written the book yet. He is asking if it is a worthwhile pursuit. That is a question, not a suggestion.

To the OP:

Go ahead and write it. When you finish, do not ask people on ATS to buy it because that is against the t&c. You can release it free to ATS and hope word of mouth might carry...

Would I buy it? Yeah, if it was well written. There are literally millions of books out there exposing industries. It isn't nothing new, but they are all enjoyable reads.

Most people overlook things like this, because standard media is more reassuring to their daily lives. But you may as well give it a go, and probably look for a new job in the mean time.

link   

Originally posted by freedom12
. Money is money and it sure beats working in a hot factory all day.

Actually, money is debt...

And debt is money...

Money is the biggest scam ever pulled off on people

link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I'll bet you work for...... Palace Resorts? Where do you live? What's the ripoff in a nutshell? The maintenance fees are part of it I know....
edit on 24-9-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
A fool and their money......

Anyone who's willing to give over several '000 $ without first reading the contract and making sure they understand it.

Or, if they cant be bothered at least get impartial leagal advice for a few hundred $ deserves a serious financial haircut IMO.

MR

you cant say that.. theses people prey on the weak and vulnerable,.. they use so much lies and spin they can trick people into signing things they dont understand..

you cant blame the innocent people who get ripped off.. its the vultures that are ripping people off... a mindset like yours is what allows these people to get away with what they do..

"its not their fault for lying and stealing someones hard earned cash.. its the fault of the people who got scammed for being so stupid"

ive never heard anything so ridiculous in my life!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Yeah, I would want to read it. In fact I know a couple who is probably involved in the same scam. Your post just woke me up to that. Hmm!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Whether the book would sell I can't say. But there's a principle that people don't value anything that's given away free. You have to charge something for it so that they'll think it has some value. Counterintuitive as that is, it seems to work.

So yeah: Charge something for the book, by all means....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

From what I gather, he hasn't written the book yet. He is asking if it is a worthwhile pursuit. That is a question, not a suggestion.

To the OP:

Go ahead and write it. When you finish, do not ask people on ATS to buy it because that is against the t&c. You can release it free to ATS and hope word of mouth might carry...

Would I buy it? Yeah, if it was well written. There are literally millions of books out there exposing industries. It isn't nothing new, but they are all enjoyable reads.

Most people overlook things like this, because standard media is more reassuring to their daily lives. But you may as well give it a go, and probably look for a new job in the mean time.

i wouldnt believe a word this guy says boncho.. this is the type of person.. you say your interested in buying his book.. next thing you know you receive an invoice in the post, threatening to take you to court if you dont pay.

in the op he says something like "these morons sign and they dont know what they are signing" does that sound to you like someone with remorse or are sorry for what they have done? refering to these people he has admitted to ripping off as morons?

a leopard never changes his spots mate..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would read it. Also, from what I understand, books you have written are intellectual property, like music, so your income from that is taxed differently and you can make money from a book for as long as people keep buying it. Will it be a satisfactory replacement for your present income? Probably not, I expect you will still need a job.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
**Closed Pending Staff Review**

new topics

top topics

join