It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Receives loudest Applause,Size of Government Fox Debate 9/22/2011 Full HD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I believe that Ron Paul is the right man for the job, and I know that there are many people up high who are trembling at the thought of having an honest man instead of a puppet in the White House. Unfortunately after having read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... and others it makes me wonder how far they are willing to go to stop him and those who will come after him from reaching the highest office in the land.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by Supernatural
I'm afraid Ron Paul won't be elected for nomination.

Either that, or he might be killed if he gets too close to winning.

Perhaps. But he will run as independent if not nominated.

I doubt a killing... that would make a martyr. More likely, the totally-fair-and-absolutely-NOT-manipulatable-despite-expert-testimony-and-basic-common-sense electronic ballet boxes will defeat him.

But on the off chance they are not rigger (lol, right), we all need to support him. Even if they are rigged... hes the best for the job.

If they kill him, it will not be evident not making him a martyr or at least diminishing martyr status. More like a heart attack or accident.

Unfortunately I see this as being a greater possibility as he becomes more and more popular. He's not part of the Republican corrupt inner circle.

I think there is a limit to what a society accepts as unfortunate accidents or incidents...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
FOX allowed each candidate to speak:
questions to each:
Romney– 16 Perry– 11 Bachmann– 9 Huntsman– 9 Santorum– 9 Gingritch– 7 Cain– 7 Paul– 6 Johnson– 5

headline:
Poll: Romney leads New Hampshire, Huntsman in third, Perry in fourth
news.yahoo.com...
WHO IS SECOND????????

Romney Supporters Vote Multiple Times At Florida Straw Poll
some of them stand there 5 minutes pressing buttons........ there is only 1 question

Restore America Now, taking back 20 years of failed policies

edit on 25-9-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
My biggest concern with Ron Paul is his stance on social health care and social security, meaning the lack there of. I am disabled by multiple sclerosis and cannot work. I have been fighting for Disability for the past 5 years. The day I get it will be the best miracle of my life. For those like me who can't work and NEED Disability, what would happen to us?

Not to thread jack but this stands out to me, I was well on my way to be paraplegic by the good graces and excellent dental care of the federal government, ( father worked for them ) I was provided with a mouth full of high amalgam fillings at age 17 and became unable to walk before i turned 18. The bed sheets were too painful to have over my toes, couldn't get the milk out of the fridge due to intense pain. The health care was gracious and expedient in their desire to inject cortisone and gold into my joints and provide me with an abundance of pharmaceuticals for pain, swelling and other experimental purposes. Amazingly, at 21 a nutritionist recognized some features of my condition and asked to look in my mercury filled mouth. He told me to go have them removed and I did. The symptoms went away almost immediately and I was able to return to a normal life. I am now 48 and the consequences of this experience are firmly planted in my mind.

I know that everyone is different and has different tolerances to foreign substances and I may be one of a few with a low tolerance to mercury but..... I do believe my kids have lost IQ points after vaccinations that contain mercury. I also now of quite a few people that have jumped up out of their wheelchairs (MS included) after it has been purged from their body.

In my opinion, Health Care, be it Dental, Medical or Eye has created a dogma that we have been conditioned to accept and it is our responsibility to personally research claims and do the things that work. I guess you/we could plead for more but, more of what? Lies, experiments, huge monetary advancements for them?

You, my friend need to weigh the consequences of a federal care plan very carefully as they do not have you in their best interest.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This answer doesn't sound much different than most runner's answers nor does it sound spectacular at all? ... "As class president I will eliminate all homework and make the pop machines free of charge". Are people so upset with things that they just need a back to jump onto? You do realize that the people who cheered for him are a part of the same group that cheered for the number of state executions that occurred in Texas and letting a man die who didn't have health insurance? There is a lot of suffering and annoying things happening in general and I guess people really still want to think the POTUS can change the world like they did when they jumped on Obama's back in 2008. It's not the case but best of luck to you Ron Paul supporters. I have nothing against Ron Paul at all, I'm just surprised by the posts I see that hail every positive part of his campaign as an amazing feat that only god himself could have made happen by sounding the trumpets. I repeat, .for those that may get upset, this is not an attack on Ron Paul just a response to the overly reactive perception to the possibly positive parts of his campaign.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

It is a method of motivating and building momentum for the grassroots supporters. Small victories are good for the spirit and soul. Along with eager Ron Paul supporters there are also more realistic ones that keep their eyes on the prize, which is local campaigning and the official campaign focusing on the key primary/caucus states like New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, etc...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Epirus

It is a method of motivating and building momentum for the grassroots supporters. Small victories are good for the spirit and soul. Along with eager Ron Paul supporters there are also more realistic ones that keep their eyes on the prize, which is local campaigning and the official campaign focusing on the key primary/caucus states like New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, etc...

So posting about applause to a question that would have been applauded by whoever answered it as long as they didn't say the federal government should get more support is a small victory(noted by the applause right after the video of the question was played and before anyone answered)...he was just lucky to get the question and he answered it the way any generic candidate would have ? Honestly whoever was given that question would have been applauded the same way and his answer was nothing spectacular. People just want something to hope for because things are so horrible right now...I guess they want the answer to be Ron Paul. As with my original post nothing against Ron Paul, I'm just surprised by the over exaggeration of some aspects of his campaign by some posters.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Well no offense to you as well but if you bothered to do any due diligence on the old man, you'd see why people see him as a last resort to restore liberty. Ron Paul has been very different in the past (vocally) and that has gotten him many negative remarks with the media and ultimately scaring the voters. He HAD to tone it down to meet the voters halfway in their comfort zones, even today telling the truth about our foreign intervention scares people but he still sticks to his guns. I admit that the other candidates can and do say similar things but I have seen pundits and supporters alike BASH the hell out of RP when he says something 'too extreme' but now it is the fact that they ARE saying the same things as Ron Paul when they weren't 4 years ago.

Ron Paul was the first to expose the flaws of our aggressive/neocon foreign policies, he was the first to publicly attack and expose the federal reserve. He brought the conversation back to real conservative, libertarian values, personal liberties, property, privacy and even gave birth to the tea party movement (despite the shortcomings of being hijacked, diluted, and what not).

You can say Ron Paul is overrated all you want but the facts are he is changing American politics, getting young people interested in their own future and has the largest, most dedicated and organized grassroots support that American politics hasn't seen in decades.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Epirus

So posting about applause to a question that would have been applauded by whoever answered it as long as they didn't say the federal government should get more support is a small victory(noted by the applause right after the video of the question was played and before anyone answered)...he was just lucky to get the question and he answered it the way any generic candidate would have ? Honestly whoever was given that question would have been applauded the same way and his answer was nothing spectacular. People just want something to hope for because things are so horrible right now...I guess they want the answer to be Ron Paul. As with my original post nothing against Ron Paul, I'm just surprised by the over exaggeration of some aspects of his campaign by some posters.

Actually I do not think that any of the other candidates could have came back with such an inteligent answer that included auditing the Fed and following the constitution in one answer.. Also Ron Paul was only allowed to speak seven times for the night and received the loudest cheers out of all the other candidates.. He is highly inteligent and well spoken, full of common sense.. I watched the entire debate and Ron Paul always got the loudest cheers.. You can check it out for yourself if you like:

Here are all Ron Pauls Answers:

If you still don't believe me you can check out the enitre debate here:

The reason people have so much faith in him is because he has been saying the same thing for 30 years, he is true to his beliefs and is not bought out and is a candidate who actually brings real issues and common sense to the table unlike the others..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
as far as im concerned you are either with Ron Paul or you are part of the problem.

I'd totally take a bullet for this man. I really believe he is the only hope this country has to avoid a full on meltdown.

the above explains how i feel

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I voted for Ron Paul last year. I loved his ideas on getting rid of the IRS but hopefully he's able to come across as a little more relevant this year.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ron Paul seems like hes a genuine hope the USA, hate to hear if something bad happens to him.

Doubt it though, it would be to obvious by now if something does happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

I aint american and i wish this guy gets elected! Wish we had someone like this in the UK instead of that kn*b David Cameron!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
reply to post by syrinx high priest

the voters in FL are mainly racist old white people who have no idea what the internet is.

The person behind this post seemingly appears more racist than the idea behind the post itself, in my opinion. I think it was poor wording, my friend.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 25-9-2011 by Strype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar

headline:
Poll: Romney leads New Hampshire, Huntsman in third, Perry in fourth
news.yahoo.com...
WHO IS SECOND????????

No credit to John Stewart huh? I believe he's the one who used these exact words on his show a few days ago.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 25-9-2011 by Strype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Jon stewart was more than a month ago, the Yahoo headline was less than a week ago
www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I aint american and i wish this guy gets elected! Wish we had someone like this in the UK instead of that kn*b David Cameron!!!

Ditto that entirely only a little to the North of the States, and the knob here is Stephen Harper.

edit on 25-9-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
9/11 legacy: Analysts now part of law enforcement
P. SOLOMON BANDA, Associated Press
Updated 03:55 p.m., Saturday, September 24, 2011

www.chron.com/news/article/9-11-legacy-Analysts-now-part-of-law-enforcement-2187151.php

(...)

Civil rights groups view the centers with suspicion, fearing they could be used to spy on Americans. There have been some missteps.

In 2009, Missouri's fusion center issued a report that said supporters of GOP Rep. Ron Paul of Texas posed a security threat. In 2010, Pennsylvania ended its contract with a private company that produced warnings for distribution by that state's fusion center. The firm had issued reports on peaceful protesters.

(...)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
My biggest concern with Ron Paul is his stance on social health care and social security, meaning the lack there of. I am disabled by multiple sclerosis and cannot work. I have been fighting for Disability for the past 5 years. The day I get it will be the best miracle of my life. For those like me who can't work and NEED Disability, what would happen to us?

That makes A LOT of people nervous, BUT you should already be nervous. He is just stating the obvious. It is not working. Social Security is not going to be there much longer. They have already spent the money. It needs to not be left up to the federal government. It would be best if something like that was handled at the state level. OR better yet handled at a personal level. Wouldnt you feel more secure now if you had - since you made your first paycheck - put money in your own account? That way, you knew it would be there when you needed it, and if you never needed it it would go to whom ever you choose? It needs to be set up different to protect people like you. And on disability, my Dad finaly got his 2 years ago. Unfortunatly it was a short lived happy dance, because Obama lowered it and now he gets $200 a month less than what he was supposed to be given. You know as well as many others, that is A LOT of money considering what you get and what you need to live on.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

WOW. That was inspirational.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join