It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it Possible We Don't know where a SIX TON Satellite Fell?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Having said above larger than the 500km...it could have been 500km but in the three areas specified...we don't know until they decide to let us know....I don't have a problem with that...but I'm sure some people will!

actually you are ,,well ,
yournewreality.blogspot.com...

their is always ,,that.

good memory,
i guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Their latest press release says that some pieces went all the way over northern Canada, back south across the Atlantic, and ended up in West Africa.

It is surprising that they couldn't locate the pieces any better than that. Does it give you that warm feeling that we're all in good hands?

Hopefully, they will do better with larger objects. After all, how important is a school bus hurtling through space? Now a football stadium, that's getting up into the range that you hope they can actually track.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I guess you didnt take the time to read past any of the headlines and notice it broke apart into many, many pieces in earths atmosphere.

Some of you people cant find your keys in the morning, and your blaming NASA for not being able to accurately track debris falling from space? Needle in a haystack, people.\

Now go find your damn keys.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Good Question, The Answer is that quite simply it would be best that knowbody knew. One factor to take
into consideration would be hazardous materials. Another issue would be Tech/Intel repression.
Lastly, there are certain legal angles to take into consideration if someone,something,or property damage
were to occur. These are the three main liabilities. There may be others that you don't want to know about.
As in, Star Wars Nuclear Warheads, amongst other things of even more intrigue.

S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I lost my bike once. It was difficult to find, so I know how they are feeling. Of course, my bike didn't weigh 20 tons, cost millions upon millions or fall from the sky...

Did it have GPS tracking?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

I had a roommate once who was psychic. No, she really was. Proved it to me a half a dozen different times and ways.

Anyway, she told me about a trick. When you lose something and are frustrated, just stop and say; Kathy's Grandma, please help me find such-and-such, and then state your reason for needing to find it. Usually, I get an idea right after I say this and when I follow up, there is the lost article.

This has worked for me so many times. Not only that but she told me to feel free to tell others about it if I wanted to. Almost everyone has come back and reported that it works. Including my current boss!

I'll shoot NASA an email and we'll get Kathy's grandma on the case.

BTW, this is not a joke. Try it, it really does work.

Gonna try it :-) Hope Kathy's grandma like me...

On a serious note, usually just letting go off the thought puts a clue or the extact answer in your head. I think the Kathy's grandma line is just a method to help you let go of the original thought for a moment, which is enough to trigger the answer response...

Or in other words, you don't really need Kathy's grandma, you have the answers inside yourself. Feel free to tell this to others.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Given that a "suitcase" can hold a nuclear weapon, I hope they can track all the little pieces.

If NASA is going to generate weeks of fear mongering over this satellite, they should be working with the military to track and give updates on the exact spot where the 10 largest pieces will hit, and I'm sure they were. The question is why they would not disclose the information...perhaps to avoid showing their cards.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is my understanding that Space Command can radar track any space junk that is 10 centimeters (3.9 in) or larger. Now to lose all contact with a "school bus" is just crazy. And they do not even know the time it broke orbit. I think someone knows the very second it broke orbit and just where it landed. The crazy thing is if they were trying to hide something on the UARS all they would had to do was lie and say it went down over water for a fact and nothing hit land. But to just say it disappeared with out a trace? So what gives? Is the UARS a victim of Disappearing Object Phenomenon or what?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We are in 3 wars currently. Can anyone here possibly believe, on the anniversary of 9/11. that our Pentagon would publically, Internationally admit we "Couldn't find it"... StarWars never died, it just got painted OD green. This Unit died from laser burn, miles up where only thier cameras could reach, and no peices will be found here cause they fed you all horse# about " Hey look>>>>> over there..>>> Come on SHEEPLE.

This is supposed to be where people come to figure this crap out. You blow hards aint even close.
Want to argue?/ ok, explain ...How exactly do you hide a meteor? turn off the headlights? Your a bunch of idiots....even if it didnt land there, how come no other nations saw it come over? like 7 BILLION people missed it ??? sure...

I spent ALL of Last night in Crescent City Ca [ look it up] and NOTHING flew over here.. we watched from points all over the north coast. I've seen comets here... we didnt miss it.
SOME ONE show some intellegence here for a change.
Duckwax

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Silly me, I thought we had this technology called radar that could

determine the range, altitude, direction, or speed of both moving and fixed objects such as aircraft, ships, spacecraft, guided missiles, motor vehicles, weather formations, and terrain. The radar dish, or antenna, transmits pulses of radio waves or microwaves which bounce off any object in their path. The object returns a tiny part of the wave's energy to a dish or antenna which is usually located at the same site as the transmitter.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

On Its Way to Ultradestructive Megawatt Power, Navy’s Death Ray Laser Breaks Another Record

The Navy’s death ray weapon keeps burning through laser records, on its way to the ultimate goal of searing through 2,000 feet of steel per second.

navys-death-ray-laser -breaks-another-record

A previous poster made me think of this?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

It broke apart in the atmosphere, so it's not one giant six ton block of metal... it's many pieces.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

NORAD has radar installations all around North America. Some of those installations are capable of targeting small items in orbit. They can only track those objects when they are over North America but in doing so they are able to accurately calculate their orbits so that the next time they come around they can again acquire them and confirm and/or modify the calculations for the next orbit.

These objects are not continuously tracked. It's like; "QZ24157 should be showing up on Santa Barbara in 30 seconds...oops 1.25 seconds early and 0.25km low."

The track of the final orbit of UARS was known. Apparently it didn't show up on radar as it approached North America. Maybe Hawaii picked it up so you know it went down between there and here. But that's about it, 2,500 miles of ocean. It was there (somewhere), it should be here at this time. Oh, it's not.

edit on 9/25/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

1) it was in about thirty pieces.

2) Once an object drops below a certain level it goes off radar.

3) Did they have radar tracking all the bits?

They didn't have the tech, that's all.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
It is my understanding that Space Command can radar track any space junk that is 10 centimeters (3.9 in) or larger. Now to lose all contact with a "school bus" is just crazy. And they do not even know the time it broke orbit. I think someone knows the very second it broke orbit and just where it landed. The crazy thing is if they were trying to hide something on the UARS all they would had to do was lie and say it went down over water for a fact and nothing hit land. But to just say it disappeared with out a trace? So what gives? Is the UARS a victim of Disappearing Object Phenomenon or what?

Yep.

Anyone saying "they can't track it if it's "dead".. clearly have some things to learn.
and they are most sure of themselves..
yet soo dead wrong. lol

Seriously,
They can track most anything coming into Earths atmosphere,
and know precisely where it landed.

if you think not..
you're a fool.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

You were doing so well until you resorted to insulting anybody who disagrees. That's no way to prove an argument.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join