It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I want to issue a challenge to all my friends out there-in the upcoming week, I challenge everyone (myself included) to show some form of compassion or do something positive for someone else. Whether its just encouraging someone, being nice, or helping someone. The world is a big place but not big enough that we can't all get along and spread some positive things out there.
After reading comments here, and comments of some news sights, there seems to be huge animosity towards others that don't believe, think, or live the same way as others do. Personally, I see myself as a spiritual person, (not religious) and I believe in God. I try not to judge or criticize others (but I am human, and I tend to fail on that subject) but it doesn't stop me from trying.
I suppose it comes down to a respect issue, but it goes much further than that. Just because someone doesn't have the same views as another, doesn't mean we can't get along. I don't think that it does any good to get involved in vain arguments as to whether or not some is right or wrong. We all believe what we believe for certain reasons, be it from the way were raised, our cultural influences, and such. Perhaps I will delve deeper into that at a later time. Regardless of your spiritual beliefs, I would like to issue this challenge, and perhaps spread a little positive energy out there, and encourage everyone to focus on the positive, and and not the negative. Thank you, and peace be with you all.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
I Cor. 13:4-8"

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The best I can do for you is tell you to go easy and lighten up mate!
Dont be afraid!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I do that everyday

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Ha ha, thanks for that. I suppose the whole gist of my post was to love and send out peace. I really didnt mean to get so philosophical. Thank you and have a great day!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I'm glad to hear that. Have a great day, my friend!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Good thread...I really like what you have to say. I personally try to find something to do for someone daily....it is my way of giving back.....do I always succeed? No....but I keep trying anyway....and sometimes I do it right!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This isnt a challenge when it is a way of life, the path lived daily

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I do that everyday.. not sure why I have to make an extra effort.

new topics

top topics

join