It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everything is a hoax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I haven't played that silly game since I was 16, and I even called it silly myself in the thread.

My previous post was talking about the martial arts I participate in called Jiujitsu, which has many many different choke holds that can be implemented to cause someone loss of consciousness.

I am being choked out and choking others out 4 days a week for 5 years.

I have no visible signs of brain damage, nor anyone else.

If people did, Jiujitsu would be banned outright.

edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: unconscious

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Hmm...and here I was under the impression that Jiujitsu was a highly disciplined way of dealing with anger , and learning to fight and how to fight, only when you must.

Obvioulsy there is something a little fishy about choking out or being choked out till unconscious , 4 days out 7 for 5 years..

Sounds like your Jiujitsu club has a secret leaning towards bondage type S&M practices.

Some people may beg to differ that it hasn't effected your brain yet.

Thats all I have to say.. peace.

edit on 24-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yes, victory, they placed this in general chit chat.

And this thread is still in general conspiracies

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There a couple differences from the choke, to the carotid restraint. Even though definitions are a fine line...choking someone so they cannot draw air, is FARE more dangerous than constricting the blood flow to the brain, causing unconsciousness. I've seen improper techniques lead to severe damage, and heard of deaths caused by improper choke techniques.

en.wikipedia.org...

Being in the law enforcement realm, and martial arts, since I was a kid..neck holds aren't things kids should be playing with. Period. The carotid restraint, or form of was played in my school too. (It technically is safer, with lesser incidents of death) Where a kid would hyper ventilate stand up quick and have a friend press his hands on his neck under the ears. Not even that hard. Some people go down quick. But it is NOT safe if you don't have the proper technique, or understand what is happening. Crushed windpipes, larynx's, and actual choke can occur.

As for the thread..
Hoaxes are bad.
Conspiracies are fun
The truth is convoluted.
And ignorance is bliss? haha.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Hmm...and here I was under the impression that Jiujitsu was a highly disciplined way of dealing with anger , and learning to fight and how to fight, only when you must.

Obvioulsy there is something a little fishy about choking out or being choked out till unconscious , 4 days out 7 for 5 years..

Sounds like your Jiujitsu club has a secret leaning towards bondage type S&M practices.

Some people may beg to differ that it hasn't effected your brain yet.

Thats all I have to say.. peace.

Well.... that was very rude of you

Your replies have been less than friendly, even when a few of your communication mishaps were corrected.

Anyways, have a nice day/night.
edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I can see your view, really!

Lucky for me I train at a Gracie Jiujitsu academy and even with the man himself, and his brothers.

You cant get more professional than them!

In a competition, I will fight till my last whiff of consciousness before passing out. I will not tap to unlock the choke.

Training, eh, not worth going to sleep and having everyone laugh at you when you wake up. Mostly just tap, but can also get caught short here.

Also, the white Gi you wear in Jiujitsu is to be used as a weapon. You can use your sleeves, your lapel, or the other persons own gi to wrap around their throat/neck and put them under.

Used to be able to use your belt also, but this was abandoned.
edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Just because a UFO is captured on film doesn't necessarily mean it is a hoax.

And just because someone gives a thoughtful explanation of why it is a hoax complete with technical details doesn't mean they're an 'armchair expert' who downloaded the 'recently cheap hollywood software' that used to cost 'millions of dollars'.

We could have a 'not everything' thread for just about everything here. Personally, I just wish people would stop posting the same tired comments when they're stuck for something else to say. This includes posts about how anything can be faked, how 'arm chair experts' ruin your life, how X people just always believe/disbelieve, and how Y people upset you.

Some examples:

If you can't see this is fake then you're retarded. (Entire post)

I'm a (qualification) and this is (unfounded opinion) trust me. (Entire post)

Thank you for your 'expert' opinion but it's real. (Entire post without single attempt to refute or explain anything.)

You must not be at the level of conciousness/open minded enough/magical enough to understand what I'm saying.

(Wide generalisation) + (No statistics or research) = entire post

I could post probably a few hundred of these in a new thread, but I guarantee not a single guilty person will change what they're doing or saying. The end.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
SORCHA FAAL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

that is all

Huh a fake black woman who calls for change but acts with head in sand similarity?

Im not sure...

At least faal is obvious. dont need it tho

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by boncho

Man,why are you so skeptical about everything?
I read your posts,and it seems that everything is hoax to you!

OP,great thread,absolutely correct.

Dude, to keep people like you from running amok and

looking like a fool.

Boncho for mod I say.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by caladonea

Yep today.

Playing a game as a kid involving strangling, to get a lack of oxygen high.

Sounds worse than it is.

I have been doing Gracie jiujitsu for years, choked others out and been choked out unconscious hundreds of times.

Completely safe!

Nice, we now see you enjoy being strangled.

Dont do it to us man..

It's just you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Please.. I'm pleading with you..stop this silly game, and quit telling your friends it won't hurt them, and you can't die..before you really regret it.

Aww come onn what else will we have Darwin awards for?

Let them off themselves, really, do you really need or want morons like this living in your world?

I dont.... and Im stupid enough for all of you.

Heh I just don't advertise my stupidity.
.... much.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Great response!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
I agree not everything is a hoax. There's some things going on and when you read stuff without having first hand knowledge of it or knowing someone who does your just as screwed after reading it as you were before you read it. I've quit reading stuff, I don't buy books, I don't read conspiracy stuff, I just don't care anymore. None of it changes one single thing.

I just exist, go to work, live pay check to paycheck and do it all over again week after week.

And yet you're on this site, hmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
CGI is extremely easy for me to spot but seems hard to most? But then again I went to film school and work as a graphic designer so seeing manipulated images is extremely easy to me. They literally stick out like a sore thumb.

Most UFO videos are hoaxes and are extremely obvious ones at that. The other category is explainable phenomenon such as man made objects. Glowing balls of light in the night sky are not UFOS~!~!~! Then there is the last category which is extremely small, ones I have no answer for.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I meant it more as a "back up" to your debate with that other person. One version of the choke is bad. The other isn't terrible, and relatively safe, with proper training and technique..

You trained with the Gracies? dude, that's sweet. We were training jiu jitsu before UFC 1. Not as good...we picked up a lot from the Gracie style though. haha.

It's funny, in law enforcement, the amount of people that "tapped" after UFC's hit the scene. haha. "This isn't the UFC's, son. Fight's over when you are cuffed". haha.

Sorry to be off topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

sorry you got T bin'd. pisses me off when i write a reply that never sees the light of day because the OP is trashed within minutes. has happened several times. here you put in serious time writing only to get flushed; it's rude at the very least. i can see how you were less than thrilled.

i would have liked to read your article. i find those moves an interesting and actually thoughtful form of self-defense, considering the person is spared taking a beating or worse. the subject also has an erotic appeal; to each their own, who am i to judge.

this site is like real life. everything and anything is verbotten at the discretion of site powers that be. other side of the coin, if i owned/ran und website i'd be overly cautious / paranoid about potential lawsuits in today's world too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join