It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everything is a hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is a response to a thread titled "Not everything is a conspiracy" which of course surfaces on ATS quite a lot. Well my response to that is sure, not everything is a conspiracy, but some things are a conspiracy. But just to be fair, I think if a thread is allowed to simply say "not everything is a conspiracy" without any links or video, then I can make a similar thread saying "not everything is a hoax"

Just because a UFO is captured on film doesn't necessarily mean it is a hoax.

Just because someone accuses the Israeli mossad of a terrorist attack doesn't mean it is a hoax.

Just because a leaked video surfaces showing some type of insider knowledge doesn't mean it is a hoax.

Just because someone invokes the name Sorcha Faal doesn't mean it is a hoax.

Just because someone uses the website rense, veterans daily, american free press, infowars, wnd, etc, doesn't mean it is a hoax.

Just because you experience information outside of your normal paradigm, doesn't mean it is a hoax.

Are some things hoaxes? Sure, but that doesn't mean everything that claims to have truth to it is a hoax.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice reverse troll there!

2nd

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think this thread is a hoax. Very poorly sourced. If you posted some true stories that Sorcha Faal came up with, you might be on to something.

You may have a hard time doing so, though.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
SORCHA FAAL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

that is all

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I think this thread is a hoax. Very poorly sourced. If you posted some true stories that Sorcha Faal came up with, you might be on to something.

You may have a hard time doing so, though.

Note that I didn't say Sorcha Faal stories were true, I said that just because someone invokes that name does not mean it is a hoax. And as for this thread being a hoax, I would consider it an honor and victory if it was placed in the hoax section

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Actually yes it does.

Perhaps some examples of non hoaxes/ real conspiracies?

Sodium Fluoride put in the water is meant to harm us and not aid with tooth health...

mercury in vaccines is great for you!

Media Says China's Poisonous Food and Lead Toys Are Good For Economy

WAL-MART IS TRACKING YOU WITH RFID CHIP

Donald Rumsfeld & Aspartame Scandal

One of my favorites.... speaks for itself

Follow the yellow brick money road to find the little men behind the curtains pretending to be great wizards.
edit on 24-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Man,why are you so skeptical about everything?
I read your posts,and it seems that everything is hoax to you!

OP,great thread,absolutely correct.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Try writing a thread for 3 hours and having skepticoverlord throwing it into the trash bin within 3 minutes...

FML

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Even when something is not a hoax doesn't mean it is still anywhere near the truth or reality. Making up your own crap to mold some kind of personal belief reality doesn't make it real, hoax or no hoax.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree not everything is a hoax. There's some things going on and when you read stuff without having first hand knowledge of it or knowing someone who does your just as screwed after reading it as you were before you read it. I've quit reading stuff, I don't buy books, I don't read conspiracy stuff, I just don't care anymore. None of it changes one single thing.

I just exist, go to work, live pay check to paycheck and do it all over again week after week.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Even when something is not a hoax doesn't mean it is still anywhere near the truth or reality. Making up your own crap to mold some kind of personal belief reality doesn't make it real, hoax or no hoax.

Good point, I would add that just because something is not a conspiracy doesn't mean it is anywhere near what the government claims it to be, and making up a belief system from it to go to war doesn't make it right, conspiracy or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But on topic, I recently brought up the USS Liberty attack by Israel and where US servicemen were actually killed and why it was never really investigated but was instead smoothed over ?

The USS Liberty attack wasn't a HOAX either but it was certainly made to appear as though it never happened.

Why is it that I am considered a delusional Fool Conspiracy Theorist when I am only asking why our system of Law and Justice as a civilized society was not carried out when American servicemen lost their lives ?

Because those culpable are covering their involvement because they have the means to which in itself is a conspiracy.

PEACE.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder

Try writing a thread for 3 hours and having skepticoverlord throwing it into the trash bin within 3 minutes...

FML

I am sensing...this happened to you? I am curious...what was the topic of the thread...and why did it get trashed?

About many threads not being hoaxes ......of course that is true.....sometimes it takes a lot of digging to find which is which though.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yep today.

Playing a game as a kid involving strangling, to get a lack of oxygen high.

Sounds worse than it is.

I have been doing Gracie jiujitsu for years, choked others out and been choked out unconscious hundreds of times.

Completely safe!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Actually yes it does.

Perhaps some examples of non hoaxes/ real conspiracies?

I agree, but with conspiracies it doesn't mean the conspiracy part is actually real. The best is where someone takes something, as example, like fluoride in the water, and combines a true event with an invented hypothesis that they then only look at the evidence or non-evidence that matches their beliefs as proof. This could be as easy as picking one news article that supports them and disregarding 1000s that don't.

With Fluoride, the question today is basically "is it harmful or helpful"? We still are on the edge with that, but many states do not use it in case it is harmful. When it was first decided on people thought it was super good just like people at many times in our past thought many poisons were actually good for the body too. Ignorance though doesn't mean conspiracy, but when we take something like ignorance and create an all knowing invisible group that wants to dumb down the populace IQ for better control we see reality start to spin off chaotically in many alternate realities than the real one we live in.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Good point, I would add that just because something is not a conspiracy doesn't mean it is anywhere near what the government claims it to be, and making up a belief system from it to go to war doesn't make it right, conspiracy or not.

Nothing hardly ever (if ever) is actually 100% what is claimed. The difference is how far off the 100% truth does one go before reality starts to blur.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Nothing hardly ever (if ever) is actually 100% what is claimed. The difference is how far off the 100% truth does one go before reality starts to blur.

This is true, and when considering what is closer to the truth, even though ATS has some out-there news stories I think some of the news posted here is closer to the truth than the white house homepage, for example, claims to be true. Since you are here I'd guess you think the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

Yep today.

Playing a game as a kid involving strangling, to get a lack of oxygen high.

Sounds worse than it is.

I have been doing Gracie jiujitsu for years, choked others out and been choked out unconscious hundreds of times.

Completely safe!

No its not..it kills brain cells, which is obviously apparent because you were stupid enough to put it on this site, and they were smart enough to take it off..

That game is very very stupid to play, and you were promoting it..

I am happy to hear the mods took it off..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You must not have seen the thread because I was talking against it and warning people never to try, but also sharing my experiences with what had happened to my friends and myself.

Drinking a beer kills brain cells!

I can choke someone unconscious within 3 to 5 seconds with my arm, legs and their own clothing and do so on a regular basis.

A misconception is as soon as someone passes out from being choked, they are seconds away from death.

Not so

Would actually take over a minute or 2 after loss of consciousness and continuous choking.
edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Choking

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by gabby2011

You must not have seen the thread because I was talking against it and warning people never to try, but also sharing my experiences with what had happened to my friends and myself.

Drinking a beer kills brain cells!

I can choke someone unconscious within 3 to 5 seconds with my arm, legs and their own clothing and do so on a regular basis.

A misconception is as soon as someone passes out from being choked, they are seconds away from death.

Not so

Would actually take over a minute or 2 after loss of consciousness and continuous choking.
edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Choking

Trust me..I saw the thread, and I found it very odd that you would advertise what you do , but warn people not to do it..

So you do this on a regular basis hunh? That's your cheap thrills in life?

and trust me, a beer does not kill brain cells like what you are doing...

Please.. I'm pleading with you..stop this silly game, and quit telling your friends it won't hurt them, and you can't die..before you really regret it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join