It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Elenin Doesn't Kill You, Hairy Crazy Raspberry Ants Eventually Will

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Awesome - a real life test subject - those jumping jack ants have the right attitude - maybe they should be called "Spartan" ants because one will fling itself into battle against huge odds...Armies of the world could learn a thing or two about battle - just fricken run at 'em blasting like maniacs until no one is standing...

I got nailed by some fire ants in Florida here in the states - not fun...but I have only seen National Geo and the like on the guys that live where you do...do they live in peoples backyards or are they out in the wild?

CJ
edit on 25-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You will find Jumping Jacks pretty much anywhere... (urban and rural). They are curious creatures because I've seen them act totally aggressive, and in other cases really passive. I was once camping in The Little Desert National Park and a guy I was kicking a football with was standing right in the middle of a nest of them with bare feet and not getting bitten. It was either too hot and the weather had something to do with it, or they were just concerned with other more important things and getting on with business.. lol

What does a Fire Ant bite feel like? As with Jumping Jacks, I've heard that they can kill people in given circumstances.

IRM

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You don't want to get bitten by Red Bullants which are EVERYWHERE in Australia. I have a colony of sugar ants on my property that look like bullants but they don't sting. The colony is more than 15 years old and they keep all other ant colonies away which is great because the red bullants infest my area.

IRM

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Lol

crikey ! will be keeping a few eyes peeled for those little cretins !

nice thread OP, S & F

peace.....
to the ants

fluffx

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Hey IRM, I'm sure you were looking to be drawn back to this amazing world changing thread first thing mon am -I saw you post and just to respond, fire ants are bad. Their bite feels sort of like a wasp sting at first and then it starts to burn like a mother, swell up and it kinda feels like you got punched VERY hard where you got stung - I would say a wasp bite x 5.

CJ

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Thanks fluff007! One thing that cracks me up about these tiny little dudes - they just don't care.

CJ

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
one ant that will some day day be at your door www.orkin.com... but only if your in the USA.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
the giant ant as the largest ant ever found is extinct but it is believed their behavior was similar to army ants as seen in this video

I wonder if you could force ant species to interbreed and come up with a crazy jumping jack army ant?

would that be smart?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Hey IRM, I'm sure you were looking to be drawn back to this amazing world changing thread first thing mon am -I saw you post and just to respond, fire ants are bad. Their bite feels sort of like a wasp sting at first and then it starts to burn like a mother, swell up and it kinda feels like you got punched VERY hard where you got stung - I would say a wasp bite x 5.

CJ

Very cool!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
lab created just like Africanized Killer Bees

second line

Actually no, they are believed to have originated in South America and hitched a ride here. If you can show a link showing they are lab created I will look though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join