It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Elenin Doesn't Kill You, Hairy Crazy Raspberry Ants Eventually Will

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Good point Greensage. I would say, who cares if they are anti-social jerks - fire ants are the worst.
Just remember, once they finish off the fire ants, they go right on back to hating your guts.

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ok then no anteaters for you how about just study up on improvised ant traps:

I suggest adding some gunpowder and a fuse in case they attempt to overrun the bait
edit on 9/24/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Man, that guy either has a serious ant problem or a lot of time on his hands...in any case, you could nuke the area and these sobs will get through - these next ants (below) should be called the bat sheet crazy mutha ant - sorry there is a small commerical - got to see these lunatics...they drink the blood too!

CJ
edit on 24-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
May as well toss this one into the mix while we're at it. Kind of a worse case scenario:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

My two boys love that one lol!
Got to learn about life sooner or later right? It's difficult, but I have to tell them about how eventually that will be us, picked clean to the bone by anti-social spiked ants who can't be reasoned with...the massive antswarms that will overtakes us someday are currently seething beneath me as I write this.
It's going to be them or the massive chicken God that will come from the sky and wipe us out for killing millions of them daily. Chicken Karma is on its way too.

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Ok but don't freak them out too much. You dont want them running in terror form every ant they see. I mean that might be funny at first but I bet it would get old fast.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I'm just kidding - they LOVE bugs and animals - and no, I don't really believe in chicken karma.

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
if you knew my own dad you'd understand my concern

my girls would prolly be catching victims for the ants possibly me

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

i guess will soon find out who really rules the planet huamans ,or insects

in all seriousnees though these bugs are kind of cool, in a impossible to kill, damage your elctrical system, hurts like hell when they bite you kind of way. who knows what weird and amazing animals well next
although as destructive as they are, the name just isnt one that strikes up a great deal of concern

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
here's quote from the study somebody posted

Native Versus Exotic Range Marlatt (1928) wrote that P. pubens “is believed to be a native of Brazil, but now occurs quite abundantly in Cuba and other West Indian Islands.” Records of P. pubens from South and Central America often come from nature preserves.

Brazil !!Again!!! same place Africanized killer Bees came from!!! coincidence? i don't believe that computer killing ants are a coincidence unless somebody out actually thinks that these ants evolved in the rainforest but somehow they have a thing for electronics??

LAB CREATED or I'll eat my laptop

edit on 9/24/2011 by MrsBlonde because: oops

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Thanks for that - The name does imply these things are fricken crazy. Here are some others that are planning your horrifying demise and laughing while they do:

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Rather terrifying I must say, ive heard of bullet ants, and they are defiantly high on my list of animals to avoid

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

Rather terrifying I must say, ive heard of bullet ants, and they are defiantly high on my list of animals to avoid

Yeah, the bullet ants get all the press for their "glove of pain"...all the others want air time too...

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That You Tube video was uploaded in May of 2008. I have seen those ants in Landrum SC where I work at a small engine shop. They are crazy. Most if not all ants collect nothing but food. I have seen these ants dragging and collecting bits of wood, bits of rubber, bits of wire and even one was dragging a bit of bare copper wire. I even made a joke to a co-worker about it. They do not seem to be aggressive in any way that I have seen. In fact just last week I was laying on the ground working on a trailer and found out I had about 50 of them on me. I did not get bit or stung once. Any other ant would have eaten me up. They are crazy acting that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Hey thank for the info fixer1967! Yeah, the news strory video is a couple years dated but the article I referenced was from a few days ago...interesting to hear a personal story - sounds like they are more crazy than anything else? Imho, they should have called it "mother in law" ants.

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The way I have seen them collecting non-food items maybe they should be called "packrat ants". What would an ant want with bits of string, rubber and copper wire? Are they using such items to build a nest? They have to have some use for the items but what?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

The way I have seen them collecting non-food items maybe they should be called "packrat ants". What would an ant want with bits of string, rubber and copper wire? Are they using such items to build a nest? They have to have some use for the items but what?

Mother in laws can be packrats too? Just kidding. Keeping the tenor of the OP (in that ants will one day rule the world), I surmise the crazy ants are collecting these non-food items in an effort to build a WMD. As a matter of fact, I guarentee you they know you posted about them on ATS (they have spies here) and they currently have a poloroid of you with an "x" over it in their nest. These guys play the nice game until you are lulled into a false sense of security and the WHAM! Our president is an ant.

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Maybe they are building a spaceship and are going to leave this planet. I could not blame them if they were. This planet is messed up.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Maybe they are building a spaceship and are going to leave this planet. I could not blame them if they were. This planet is messed up.

I knew it was happening...CHINA and the ANT Civilizations have signed a TREATY!

Chinese citizen #PD7C368-72J-K stressed the importance of learning from the ants how best to deal with dissent. "Until now, we have quelled democratic protests with tanks," he said. "But ants devour dissenters and all their offspring so they will not corrupt the ant gene pool. This is something we must look into."

"The ants have achieved great success in their development of a varied system of chemical trails which attract specific colony members for particular tasks. In China, we get similar results with iconography, " citizen #FW3R464-56G-M added. "By exchanging these kinds of secrets, both the Chinese and the ants will make the erasure of individual identity within their respective species even more efficient."

Chinese Ant Alliance

It's worse than I thought.

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by iforget

Man, that guy either has a serious ant problem or a lot of time on his hands...in any case, you could nuke the area and these sobs will get through - these next ants (below) should be called the bat sheet crazy mutha ant - sorry there is a small commerical - got to see these lunatics...they drink the blood too!

Heheh! I've been bitten by a huntsman on the finger (it hid under the car door handle) and all over the arse by jumping jacks (sat on their nest). Jumping Jacks were far worse! Like being punctured by hundreds of searing hot needles dipped in acid for good measure.

IRM

edit on 25/9/11 by InfaRedMan because: secret stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join