It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind boggles !!Look-alike credit cards for your kids to buy,collect and swap !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They are called "Credit Cruncherz" and are available to your kids at a store near you now if you live in Scotland !

The idea although not new in the forms I grew up with, the pannini soccer cards and other pop group pictures have taken a sick twist. Those same ideas have been transfered to credit card lookalikes complete with the visa or mastercard logo on them.

When I first noticed a couple of kids outside my local store opening the bright red packets with excitement all over their faces I thught, ah its football season, so its swap a card time. Inside the store I asked the guy what it was this year, football, local celebs to be told the new cards cover everything, there are 49 in the set and they are flying of the shelves.

Imagine my surprise to finally see one and that it had been designed to represent a credit card. What possible aim could the manufacturers have in supplying kids as young as 5 with a collectable and swappable credit card lookalike complete with serial number and logo?

Is this to ensure future credit card disasters for our kids, get them used to the idea of a moneyless way of life or even to ensure future customers for those with the magic visa or mastercard logo...As I said earlie "The mind boggles" !!

respects

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Im ordering 15, maxing them out and pretty much refuse to ever pay it back. That'll learn them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I want a Jedward one and I want it yesterday!

The sight of those cheeky little scamps staring back up at me as I remove my card from the machine will make the fact that the machine in question has just told me I have no money a little more bearable.

Jepic.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Best way to boil a frog ... one degree at a time.

Best way to indoctrinate kids into accepting something as 'the norm' ... get them started early and make 'a game' out of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I played with fake credit cards as a kid. They came with a fake cash register tho, so you could play store. A little diff in marketing approach but pretty much the same concept. And this was the mid 90s

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What is the easiest way to indoctrinate children for a "cashless society"?
Give them a game to learn on.

This is obviously the next step and I fear they will be headed to a store near you.

I see credit cards as the "norm" in society today...
You can buy everything with one, sometimes nothing without one.
It is all about complete control and we bow down and bend over for it.
They will present this as a more "secure" way of completing transactions.
It will become hard, if not impossible, to makes purchases without one.
Very scary future ahead...

Complete control of a monetary system, electronically...
First, train children to accept these as a normal function of an economy.
Base their entire childhood on this acceptance and they will think cash is "outdated".
Use television programming to brainwash them into becoming cashless servants.
Then, completely eliminate cash, in every form...
Perfect plan, if you ask me.

But to all those people who think that a cashless society is coming...
Fear not, for it is already here.
Just slowly implemented in the past few decades.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oh good, there's some new payment options for my McDonald's drive-thru playset!

creepy link here
edit on 24-9-2011 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Its sick but its not surprising.

Repeat after me children:

'Debt is good, debt is cool, saving up is for fools'.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

It is already hard to buy thing without one.

Can't get a new car or a mortgage without a healthy credit card usage history. No card equals no credit, no credit no house or new car.

Many hotels refuse to let you stay unless you have one. Can't rent a vehicle. Its already starting.

The only thing I have to pay cash for anymore is to the man who delivers my herbs. I wish he took interac.

top topics

join