It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Night of Love is all She Needed - The Remarkable Story of Harper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Rescued from the trash can: Harper the deformed puppy is back on his feet again

I saw this and thought it was a great story. This little gal Harper is amazing. Born with a deformity that ususally leads to death, about to be thrown out, about to be euthanized - and one woman couldn't bare the fact this little puppy was going to be put down never having experienced love.

But all was not lost for little Harper, Erica Daniel, a regular at the local animal shelter, stepped in and decided to take the puppy home for one full and final day of love and affection.

She told Today.com: 'I had to show her what it was like to be loved.

Sometimes you just have to say it - I love people - so many do the right and kind thing everyday and ask nothing in return. This woman has a place in my "heros" file now. Made me smile.

Harper the Cool Puppy

CJ
edit on 24-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday, what an amazing story
That pup is adorable, and that woman will forever be Harper's hero. now if you'll excuse me i think i have something in my eye...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Aww! What a truly good person that lady is, just wanting the puppy to experience some loving before it had to be put to sleep. And then having the courage to get a second opinion against all the advice already given. Brilliant.

This is the second time today I have tears in my eyes over a gorgeous animal.>

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

wigit - thanks - now two for me too! Elephants are amazing and I will always believe that you can see a picture of their soul in their eyes, similar to humans - something wonderful and alive that cant be explained. Thanks.

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Thanks for the response devilishlyangelic23! I thought a nice heartwarming story instead of the doom and gloom would be right for today. Have a great weekend!

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I mentioned this article in another thread today,and it cheered up a couple of folks.
What an awesome little puppy,and well done to the animal shelter worker who gave her a second chance at life.

Look at that smile!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Shoot Silicone I didn't jump your thread did I? Sorry if so - thanks for the pic...that little gal is soooo cute!
It makes me wonder how many amazing stories of love and compassion we pass by because it is too "hard". Shows what a little love can do. Thanks again and let the mods know if this is a repeat!

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

No not at all Jens,I didn't make the same thread,I just posted the article in a different thread to cheer up someone who is having Pit Bull puppy problems of her own.
I thought the article deserved a thread though,so well done for posting it.

Hope Harper has a long and happy life.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Happy Sunday! Remember to tell everyone you love how much they mean to you today!

CJ

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just saw this....what a beautiful face! Yeah....I'm crying. I would have done the exact same thing....I love animals so much.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Cool story, the dog reminds me of my families pet dog, zoe who died about exactly 2 months from today, she looked exactly like this dog only brown in color and different color eyes, pit bulls are such emotional dogs.

Jesus that picture in the op's link were she is swimming and being held, even though they do not look exactly alike, that dog has the same eyes as zoe did. A kind of happy, and kind of sad look.

Dammit, just looking at those pic's is freaking depressing, in a hopeful kind of way.
Hope Harper finds a good home, and eventually will be able to not only walk everywhere and anywhere, but to run around like the wind.

new topics

top topics

join