It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover virus that kills all types of breast cancer ‘within seven days’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is Awesome, if true, that tells me there's still hope for mankind in doing the right thing !?!?!?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Awesome, how long before this hits open market? need more in the breast cancer community to be aware of this so it won't be suppressed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wonder what that virus does to normal tissue vs cancerous tissue?

Tumerous cancer cells are pretty much the same as the surrounding non-cancerous cells. The big difference is that these cells lack the trigger that causes a cell to die. Cells are supposed to have a short lifespan. Cancer cells don't and therefore cause out-of-control growth and takeover of areas of the body. When cancer spreads through the body, the original body-part cells are growing in other parts of the body out-of-control.

Benign tumors are usually areas where damage had occurred and scar-tissue and such developed and cells surrounded the area in a failed attempt to heal. I guess other benigns could be momentary-lapses-of-reason within the bodies normal operating regimen. Benign tumors aren't fast-growing and thus usually deemed no-threat. The big worry is "where is that benign tumor located?". The wife has a benign tumor in her brain millimeters away from the optic-nerve so there are no options at this time for removal that would not threaten to cause blindness and other complications.

Since cancer cells are not foreign to the body, the immune system will not attack and kill them. The immune system probably defends cancerous cells as it would normal cells from viruses.
Introducing a virus to kill cancer cells tells me that they would also need to induce something to erradicate or weaken the immune system. Big Pharma could still be in this game, as they currently do something very similar...chemotherapy.
Chemotherapy in a nutshell is chemicals introduced into the body that target/kill fast reproducing cells (healthy normal blood cells and cancer cells).
So BP could be both heroes and profiteers if this cancer-killing virus is developed.

*disclaimer*
I'm not a doctor, but my wife is a 4-yr survivor of breast cancer. Double-mastectomy, chemotherapy, ongoing drugs to shut down ovaries/estrogen...etc... I've studied a little bit here and there but am no expert and am not even sure if my above statements are 100% fact.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am waiting for scientists to admit that mammograms and deodorants are causing or contributing to breast cancer.
And birth control pills and devices are doing the same resulting in cervical cancer!

And skin cancer? Our Sun...the only thing that sustains life, is the culprit? Please. Sunscreens seem to be the common denominator there!

The more organic we live, the better odds of not being inflicted.
It is my belief cancers are caused by man. Not nature.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Primus, it sounds like its a naturally-occuring virus that up to 80% of the population carries - meaning its more like the "good gut bacteria" than an illness-causing virus. That being said, it should have no negative impact on healthy tissue that "belongs" with the body.

To speculate as to the mechanism, there must be something the virus "likes" in the cancerous cells (a chemical compound specific to those cancer cells) - or- there is something about the makeup of the virus itself which is "toxic" to the cancer cells. Thus, the 80% of the population carrying the virus is less likely to fall victim to breast cancer. Were a large study to be done, I would guess we'll find a disproportionate percentage of breast cancer cases are in women who do not carry the virus.

To speculate as to how it could ever hit the market as a treatment, given the evil monsters who control such things - they could synthesize a compound the virus creates which kills the cancer cells, or, give injections of the virus as a "vaccine" or treatment. If there is a way to make enough money MORE than current treatments, to make it worthwile for TPTB to leave a few deaths on the table in the depopulation agenda, it'll eventually come to pass.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Whats going on? two types of cancer have cures?
is the world ending? and THEM are leting all the secrets out?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

... yes, and causes 100 types of even worse diseases afterwards ....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Who is Raymond Rife.
interesting

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Awesome, how long before this hits open market? need more in the breast cancer community to be aware of this so it won't be suppressed.

Not before 5 to 10 years at least, in the meantime keep buying pink ribbons untill they figure out their next strategy to keep you funding their awarness campaigns.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
Who is Raymond Rife.
interesting

let me rather not start on Raymond Rife and his magical microscope ....... spinned off a whole field of pseudo science, based on dark-field microscopy, in which people see all sort of things .... (almost like iridology), but if I look at my own blood under dark field consecutively for a couple of days, and apply his prinicples, I've got every disease humanly possible!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Wow you totally addressed my post like a champ... or not. Spare me the lecture on Hollywood... I have worked there many a time. Yes, the Illuminati owns it and everybody knows it. That has nothing to do with my point. Perhaps you should be reading books instead of watching movies? And perhaps you would care to talk about the other issue I raised, namely the idea that if we are finally able to cure all disease and live longer that it might create a new set of problems for humanity that we are not currently equipped to handle. Why do I get the feeling that no substantive response is forthcoming...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

yes lets not talk about anything

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

Does this remind anyone of "I am legend" with Will Smith?

That is exactly what comes to mind and why I hope there are some very strict controls in place around any research which modifies natural occurring viruses. What if they create a very robust "Spanish flu" type virus while sincerely trying to make something to cure people?

I vote we build out the deepest abandoned gold mines to house the labs for this kind of work so we can just plug the hole and seal it forever if someone has an 'oops' moment.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
More fodder for the comspiricy crew. Already building scenarios of big pharma doing 'something' . Guy's the news is out, it can't be 'unsaid' so it's bound to move forward.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good link, thanks.

This is only a cancer cell culture in a lab, unfortunately. With the current system of drug development, any treatment would take, what, 10-15 years to show up? If ever. I bet there are a dozen effective ideas like this out there for medicines and treatments.

I've read a lot about nanoparticle based treatments for cancers recently. There are some human trials, but that is for just one single approach. There are hundreds of academic experiments on cell cultures, animal trials and human trials - but no treatments?

Something about the system is broken when good ideas like this aren't fast tracked into a broad research field that maximises the possibility of new treatments appearing as soon as it is possible. People who are dying can't wait!
edit on 24-9-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If they can bring something to market in our lifetimes, that is...

Erm. Your source article states clearly:

The virus, known as adeno-associated virus type 2 (AAV2), is naturally occurring and carried by up to 80 percent of humans, but it does not cause any disease.

Why in HELL would anyone want anybody to "bring this to market"?!?

How 'bout everyone just recognize that we are designed to function and flourish in this world as it is? Maybe stop with the germophobia and uber-hygeine. Lose the antibacterial soap. Get dirty, share a few germs and live in molecular harmony.

Live cancer free.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't want to be a jerk here i think its great we have a break through but do you know why we don't use viruses to fight human illness? its because of how fast and uncontrolled a virus can mutate and become something else
www.college.ucla.edu...
so while this may be great a viruses ability to adapt to its environment would make each and every injection a gamble and then how would we get rid of the virus once we have become cancer free? nothing can remove a virus from the human body so who's to say once the virus has killed its target what will stop a mutation to harm the host?

and i once saw a zombie movie that started this way once as well and if i remember correctly it did not end well

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

brilliant, about time. now we can put all our donations into other causes
not to sound rude but breast cancer got a hell of a lot of attention when we should be focusing on a range of problems
\

Say that to someone who has had breast cancer or lost someone to breast cancer!

It does sound rude to say. Breast cancer is nothing to joke about!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How is it that simple logic fails to prevail in every single thread on ATS related to cancer?

It's a virus which occurs in 80% of humans and it cures breast cancer does it? Isn't that quite obviously an illogical and stupid thing to think!?

Isn't it quite obvious and logical that people with breast cancer get this virus all the time. Like a large percentage of them? And it clearly doesn't cure their breast cancer!

And how is it that ignorance prevails in every single thread on ATS related to cancer?

Killing cancer in vitro is *easy*. Real damned easy. There are lots of chemicals, viruses and treatments which do it.

The reason you keep hearing about "cancer cures" that disappear all the time is not because "big pharma" is supressing them. It's because they aren't cancer cures. Please learn what "cancer cure" means and how it differs from killing cancer cells in vitro.

Why does this sort of thing get repeated over and over and over on ATS and yet no one listens!?

Did you know cyanide kills cancer cells in vitro. And bleach. And TNT. And extremely high temperatures. And UV. And high doses of gamma rays. And chemo.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
This is Awesome, if true, that tells me there's still hope for mankind in doing the right thing !?!?!?

Too mant evil people in control to allow that to happen.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join