It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover virus that kills all types of breast cancer ‘within seven days’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
So here's some good news for a change:

The virus, known as adeno-associated virus type 2 (AAV2), is naturally occurring and carried by up to 80 percent of humans, but it does not cause any disease.

Researchers learned of its cancer-killing properties in 2005, after Penn State scientists observed it killing cervical cancer cells. They also found that women who carried the AAV2 virus and human papillomavirus (HPV), which causes cervical cancer, had a lower propensity to develop cervical cancer.

When combined in a lab recently, AAV2 eradicated all the breast cancer cells "within seven days," according to researchers. Better still, it proved capable of wiping out cancer cells at multiple stages, negating the need for differing treatments used today.

Visit link for full story:
www.rawstory.com...

Related ATS thread from 2005:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What great news for women!

If they can bring something to market in our lifetimes, that is...Or if the research scientists aren't killed by Big Pharma.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"There is a cure for every disease save death." -Prophet Muhammad

Anyway! that's awesome news!!!

But wait, how will they make money off pink ribbons now??
edit on 24-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

brilliant, about time. now we can put all our donations into other causes
not to sound rude but breast cancer got a hell of a lot of attention when we should be focusing on a range of problems

but i believe we have known the cure to cancer and many other diseases for a while now.
remember profit always comes above your health when it comes to big pharma!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Let's hope they market this faster than they do their chemicals solutions to threat and fight cancer...

I mean, 6 years, and all they could find was that it could kill cancer cells in 7 days? Strange...

Anyway, let's prey for the best.

Also, it makes me think of bacteriophages. Maybe other viruses can be found that will eat cancer cell of other types as if it was candy!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

What an interesting virus. It seems that it has found a welcome place in the Human body simply by being helpful. Little do Humans realize it but their health depends on a range of organisms that live inside us.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You guys do know what an adeno virus is right? It's any virus which originates in the adenoid gland, and is responsible for - drum roll please - the common cold.

I hope this is true, and that the research goes forward without any interference from Big Pharma, which generates profits of around $80,000 per cancer patient using today's chemotherapy, which is like using a shotgun to hunt mice.

ETA, Big S&F
edit on 9/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

www.physorg.com...

Clinical features: Adenoviruses most commonly cause respiratory illness; however, depending on the infecting serotype, they may also cause various other illnesses, such as gastroenteritis, conjunctivitis, cystitis (bladder infection), and rash illness. Symptoms of respiratory illness caused by adenovirus infection range from the common cold syndrome to pneumonia, croup, and bronchitis. Young infants and especially patients with compromised immune systems are more susceptible to severe complications of adenovirus infection. Acute respiratory disease (ARD), which was first recognized among military recruits during World War II, can be caused by adenovirus infections.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit]Viruses
The common cold is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. The most commonly implicated virus is a rhinovirus (30–50%), a type of picornavirus with 99 known serotypes.[4][14][15] Others include: coronavirus (10–15%), influenza (5–15%),[4] human parainfluenza viruses, human respiratory syncytial virus, adenoviruses, enteroviruses, and metapneumovirus.[9]

The common cold is part of it, but the common cold is referred to usually as the rhinovirus (that's the most common). Adenovirus itself is responsible for quite a few infections as per the link.
Calling the common cold adenovirus is like saying all cars are Ferrari's.

Awesome find.

Pred...
edit on 24-9-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Get ready to get reports from MSM that this won't solve the problem and then you will never get to hear about this study ever again. Things like cancers and other 'no cure' virus are an asset to whoever controlling the world right now including the big pharma. I've always wondered why flu has not get its cure and people just ignore this because some peoples' immune are strong enough. Wait, many died from flu every year especially those new strains. This made me to think that finding a cure for a virus near-impossible.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by OldCorp

www.physorg.com...

Clinical features: Adenoviruses most commonly cause respiratory illness; however, depending on the infecting serotype, they may also cause various other illnesses, such as gastroenteritis, conjunctivitis, cystitis (bladder infection), and rash illness. Symptoms of respiratory illness caused by adenovirus infection range from the common cold syndrome to pneumonia, croup, and bronchitis. Young infants and especially patients with compromised immune systems are more susceptible to severe complications of adenovirus infection. Acute respiratory disease (ARD), which was first recognized among military recruits during World War II, can be caused by adenovirus infections.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit]Viruses
The common cold is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. The most commonly implicated virus is a rhinovirus (30–50%), a type of picornavirus with 99 known serotypes.[4][14][15] Others include: coronavirus (10–15%), influenza (5–15%),[4] human parainfluenza viruses, human respiratory syncytial virus, adenoviruses, enteroviruses, and metapneumovirus.[9]

The common cold is part of it, but the common cold is referred to usually as the rhinovirus (that's the most common). Adenovirus itself is responsible for quite a few infections as per the link.
Calling the common cold adenovirus is like saying all cars are Ferrari's.

Awesome find.

Pred...

I guess I should have been more specific. Sorry, it's been 15 years since I took a microbiology course. Here's what the CDC says about adenovirae:

Clinical features: Adenoviruses most commonly cause respiratory illness; however, depending on the infecting serotype, they may also cause various other illnesses, such as gastroenteritis, conjunctivitis, cystitis (bladder infection), and rash illness. Symptoms of respiratory illness caused by adenovirus infection range from the common cold syndrome to pneumonia, croup, and bronchitis. CDC

I should have said it is one of the causes of the common cold.

Cheers Pred.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
You guys do know what an adeno virus is right? It's any virus which originates in the adenoid gland, and is responsible for - drum roll please - the common cold.

OMG........ wait let me get this straight. The COMMON COLD can cure breast cancer?????? WTF have our "scientists" been wasting time on??? They need to get this to patients NOW!!!!!! My mother in law had a double masectomy because of breast cancer and the chances of her 3 daughters getting it are damn near 100% due to a gene in their family. They better get this out to the public ASAP!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Does this remind anyone of "I am legend" with Will Smith?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is good news...........i think.
It makes me think of the film "I am Legend", and we know
what happens next. we need to be mindful of what we put in our bodies.

Especially from "Big Pharm".
edit on 24-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I was going to ask the same thing...

Hasn't this been the beginning of SEVERAL zombie movies actually? What happens when the virus mutates?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That's great news, I don't think the medical industry is going to like it, though. They make a lot of money off of cancer.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh, this will go away. Big Pharma is NOT going to like this. I could make a list longer than a football field of promising cures that have been squashed.

Read this article: It will really get your blood boiling:

www.naturalnews.com...[/url]

A small Canadian community's success with curing cancer naturally was recently crushed, forcing its provider into exile in Europe. Rick Simpson had discovered a cure for himself and then had shared it at no cost with others in the small rural town of Maccan, Nova Scotia.
&

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

Does this remind anyone of "I am legend" with Will Smith?

That's what I was thinking - great news, a natural cure/preventative , but when BigPharma™ decides to genetically modify the virus so they can patent it, it will almost assuredly lead to zombie apocalypse. Let's just hope they're the old-school slow/dumb zombies.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

"I Am Legend" is a book. The various film adaptations are hogwash. It is short, and worth reading. That being said, I sure hope this cure is legit. But it does beg the question: if we find a cure for everything, and start to live longer, healthier lives, won't we need to colonize other planets with a quickness? I know there is still plenty of room on Earth, but at a certain point that all breaks down. Something about bacteria in a jar and whatnot. It's only half-full one minute and the next minute it breaks. I'm all for the cure, but what then?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Yeah seen this on the new last night.

:lol
n a more serious note amazing but bet we dont see it for 15 - 20 years just saying they aint finished taken the cash from charity yet
edit on 24-9-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
reply to post by rigel4

"I Am Legend" is a book. The various film adaptations are hogwash. It is short, and worth reading. That being said, I sure hope this cure is legit. But it does beg the question: if we find a cure for everything, and start to live longer, healthier lives, won't we need to colonize other planets with a quickness? I know there is still plenty of room on Earth, but at a certain point that all breaks down. Something about bacteria in a jar and whatnot. It's only half-full one minute and the next minute it breaks. I'm all for the cure, but what then?

The Illuminati owns the movie industry and they like to give you hints in movies of what they are going to do next to you, if you haven't figured that out yet.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
They also found that women who carried the AAV2 virus and human papillomavirus (HPV), which causes cervical cancer, had a lower propensity to develop cervical cancer.

HPV has never been proven to have been the cause of cervical cancer.So that statement makes this news a bit iffy to me.I see no reason to trust it yet.

No offense to the poster ofcourse!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join