It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Have room for one more?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Source

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is reconsidering his decision not to enter the 2012 presidential race — and he says he will let top Republican donors know within days about his plans, Newsmax has learned.

During the past few weeks, several leading Republican donors and fundraisers have been urging the popular Republican governor to reconsider his decision not to run and to enter the GOP primary.

These Christie supporters note that significant GOP support has remained on the sidelines of the primary fight. Many leading fundraisers have yet to commit to any current primary contender, including frontrunners Rick Perry and Mitt Romney.

Newsmax has learned that the effort to draft Christie culminated in a hush-hush powwow held in the past week with Christie and several notable Republican billionaires.

The establishment never really cared for Romney and the Bilderbergers were hoping for Perry but he appears to be self-destructing before our eyes so now we have Chris Christie who is being pushed by billionaires and high paying donors to enter this race. Earlier this year he pretty much ruled out entirely a run now he is saying a decision will be made in less than two weeks while he is reconsidering. If Christi enters the race now it is obvious he will be the go to guy of the establishment, big money donors, and probably the large majority of Republican primary voters.

I personally like Chris Christie and his policies, the man has done well in New Jersey (so I hear) and seems to be a very strong candidate. You cannot be a Republican and win New Jersey today not being a strong candidate. But not only that we must also factor in that he is a Republican from a Northern urban state, in the general election this would be the worst case scenario for Barack Obama. Romney is a lot like Christie except he is not a strong candidate, Christie on the other hand is a strong candidate and can win in places that would otherwise be impossible for the GOP.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Couldn't hurt. Other than the "looney toon" Ron Paul, it's an extremely weak field in my opinion.

Besides He's a boisterous guy should be fun in the already cheesy GOP debates.
edit on 24-9-2011 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Oh great another bought and paid for politician. We already have enough of them running thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That doesn't surprise me. Palin probably won't consider a run after all that has happened lately. They need someone else to throw in at the last minute to soak up votes that might go to Paul instead of Romney.
edit on 24-9-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The current candidates are having trouble going head to head with eachother...none of them stand a chance going against Obama in a debate. As unhappy as americans are with Obama at the moment, he is going to soar when he has his chance to pick apart all the rhetoric that's been dumped at his feet...I can't wait.

This is a smart move on the fat cats part even if it does show weakness.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

He'd make a lousy candidate. Health issues, weight issues, anger issues, etc. That may play well in a state that had so many problems that it was ripe for takeover, but it will bomb nationwide.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The current candidates are having trouble going head to head with eachother...none of them stand a chance going against Obama in a debate. As unhappy as americans are with Obama at the moment, he is going to soar when he has his chance to pick apart all the rhetoric that's been dumped at his feet...I can't wait.

You must be kidding. Romney, Gingrich, Bachmann, Cain, Paul, Santorum -- any one of them -- would eat Barry's lunch. All they need to do is focus on the economy. Or immigration. Or foreign policy. Or...etc. etc.

It would be joyous to watch the slap down!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

He is against the 2nd Amendment.

He will never get my vote.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah he would need to do a 180 on that one. I like a lot of his ideas, and I like that he is more a centrist. But his stance on the 2nd is a deal-breaker for me.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

reply to post by Misoir

Deal breaker for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Christie would would great, he's everything our country is these days-Fat and dumb.

Oh man, the puns would be way too much. There is a point where the GOP is going to have too many people running. What a joke, people actually talking like they have a choice and it matters.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You cannot be a Republican and win New Jersey today not being a strong candidate.

You're mistaken in this assumption. The Republicans could have fielded an upside-down mop wearing a suit and beaten John Corzine in that election.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Kali74

You must be kidding. Romney, Gingrich, Bachmann, Cain, Paul, Santorum -- any one of them -- would eat Barry's lunch. All they need to do is focus on the economy. Or immigration. Or foreign policy. Or...etc. etc.

It would be joyous to watch the slap down!

The rude awakening for much of this forum can't come quick enough for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
anti gun?

anti second ammendent?

OH HELL NO not my vote same reason i dont like romney that much

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh PLEASE! Any of the bunch can and WILL kick Obama's butt in Nov '12. Have you seen his poll numbers??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Christie would would great, he's everything our country is these days-Fat and dumb.

Oh man, the puns would be way too much. There is a point where the GOP is going to have too many people running. What a joke, people actually talking like they have a choice and it matters.

So now we have to have a skinny person for President? Where are your priorities?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

So now we have to have a skinny person for President? Where are your priorities?

I don't give a damn really. Christie isn't that smart and he's already said he won't run. Americans have the largest population of fat folks and if you just watch TV for two hours you will discover we are just stupid. Christie would fit in well.

As for Obama, well I don't care for him, but i'm not dumb enough to say anyone but Obama. I'm probably not going to vote anyway since it's all a rigged game.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Chris Christie would be amusing, he's such an asshole it really plays to my heart.

Anti gun though? Not getting my vote, and conservatives will turn from him in droves with that simple utterance. That's his RomneyCare.
edit on 25-9-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Exactly. You nailed it. That was going to be Palin's job and if she can't that is exactly why they would go for this guy. It would be worth noting if Palin announces that she is or isn't running in this same time frame that Chris has laid out.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Christie is a lap dog of the elite, where he differs from Obama is that he's not a stammering idiot and he's a flat out bully.

He managed to castrate the democrats of New Jersey within a few months, and cares nothing about the opinions of others.

He would make Republican debates during the primaries must see television
He'd probably call one of his opponents an ass hole if things became heated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join