It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any men out there who have never punched their house in the head?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Your thread title made me think this was the new commercial of a certain insurance company...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

Did you just honestly compare infidelity with punching an object? wow....just wow. so apparently in your view punching a wall, door, car roof, or what have you is the same as one partner in a relationship screwing some random joe blow?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkies

Your thread title made me think this was the new commercial of a certain insurance company...

I just thought he mixed up H with the letters SP.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

By the way, I think most grown-ups in the world (both men and women) have once or more hit, kicked or otherwise aggressively struck an object. I think it's a pretty common way to let off steam. More interesting would be if in the same question the object would be a living thing such as a human or another animal.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Originally posted by BlueSkies

I just thought he mixed up H with the letters SP.

I do wonder why you thought that...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by sweetstuff

Did you just honestly compare infidelity with punching an object? wow....just wow. so apparently in your view punching a wall, door, car roof, or what have you is the same as one partner in a relationship screwing some random joe blow?

Nope she didn't. She put his half hearted promise that he wouldn't do it again into context for him by flipping the situation. Do you really need to twist words to form an argument?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So you really don't understand why punching a heavy bag is different both in context and result than punching say a wall? Really?

No i dont please feel free to explain to me the difference as i see none. Either way you are hitting an object with no feelings or other human emotions.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
I regret scaring my wife...

But I do not regret the punch yet.

More disapproval, insults and constructive criticisms are needed please folks!

Regrets is such waste of energy. If you did not intend to scare your wife, no worries, next time you'll punch something outside her sight. I think it's pretty human to have an intuitive reaction.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

So you really don't understand why punching a heavy bag is different both in context and result than punching say a wall? Really?

No i dont please feel free to explain to me the difference as i see none. Either way you are hitting an object with no feelings or other human emotions.

Because hitting one is a loss of control and focus and might break. While hitting the other which is made to be hit and will definitely not break is the very definition of focusing your energy.

See if you can figure out which is which. If you can't don't worry no one really expected you to anyway after that last pithy attempt at an argument.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Interesting, i asked you a simple question and though you did answer it in your own round about way, you also felt the need to insult me. Though i will be the first to admit i'm no rocket scientist i will have you know i'm not an idiot either. I find it kind of amusing though that you have to resort to insults to make yourself feel better.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Come on now that was weak. Next time don't feign stupidity in an attempt to make me explain the obvious. Act like a simpleton get treated like one.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yes I punched the dash of my truck while arguing with my wife (then girlfriend). I left the big crack there to remind me of how stupid it is to loose your temper and break things. I also got so mad while arguing with my wife that I threw my fork down so hard on the dinner plate it cracked it in half. Also while in a "heated discussion" I threw the remote on the floor and broke it. My wife called the police that time thinking I was throwing it at her. I talked to the officer and was deemed to not be a threat to myself or my wife, thank goodness!.
These and many other fits of anger and frustration transpired from the beginning of my wife's and my relationship (1984) until 3 years ago when I finally admitted I had a problem with alcohol, my emotions and my emotions when under the influence of alcohol. I am 3 year sober and now HAPPILY and gratfully STILL married to the same person. I have the respect of my wife, 2 adult children and myself and those who knew me then and know me now.
I am still every bit a "man" as I've always been. Still the guardian of my family and houshold. Can still staredown any potential and precieved threat be it man, dog or door to door salesman. Revel in my love of cars, firearms, the female form, caffine and good food!
I fully believe if your a man BE A MAN because that's how its meant to be. that's what will keep you happy. If you need to hit something do it. BUT dont scare or threaten those around you who don't deserve your rath. (the one(s) you love)

PS It helps to do it with a clear head and to listen with an open mind and heart to the ones you love.
PEACE TO ALL OUT THERE IN ATS LAND! and thank you for allowing me to cyberblab!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Once again here you go attacking me, all i was asking you to do was to enlighten me as to how hitting one inanimate object differs from hitting another. You then proceeded to make a comment that was less then compelling so you felt the need to throw an insult in to you post to make yourself feel better. Then when you were called on it you had to defend yourself by trying to insult me again. Isn't that just something else

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I think it all depends on the intention. If you intend to hit something and someone gets scared. That might have happened, but you did not intend to hurt anyone. If you hit something to scare intentionally or if you even (pretend) to hit someone directly this is more difficult to deal with for the other person.

Glad to hear you have less of those moments though.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I'm glad to hear that you were strong enough to admit you had a problem, many people in this world are not that strong. a million billion ATS points for you sir. (i wish i could really give them to you). Congrats and good luck keeping the streak going forever.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I'm glad to hear that you were strong enough to admit you had a problem, many people in this world are not that strong. a million billion ATS points for you sir. (i wish i could really give them to you). Congrats and good luck keeping the streak going forever.

So you've gone from not seeing anything wrong with hitting inanimate objects to admitting it is a problem? Get out of here troll!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

No i was talking about his problem with Alcohol, i'm guessing you didn't even take the time to read his post, did you? You have gotten to the point that attacking me has become your only goal on this thread and that is very very sad.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

No i was talking about his problem with Alcohol,

Which caused him to get angry. If alcoholism didn't have any effects it wouldn't be a problem. So in a less verbose way you have admitted that losing your temper and hitting things is indeed a problem. The cause is irrelevant what is important is the effect it has on those around you.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

You are mistaken. Alcoholism is a problem in and of it's self, hitting objects in and of itself is not a problem. There is no difference between me hitting a brick wall and you hitting a punching bag, the end result is the same. At this point i'm not sure who you are trying to convince me or yourself.

If you are trying to bait me into a fight, (which i highly suspect you of doing at this point) i have some sad news for you, its not going to happen, there is nothing you can say or do to cause me to lose my temper on the internet.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No, never hit an inanimate object in my life, cannot see the point really, a; it wont hit back so no contest, and b: it will usually hurt you a lot more than it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join