It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any men out there who have never punched their house in the head?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by notquiteright

Haha!

Glad I don't hang around the women you do, they sound a bit wild!

The police would probably have put you up for the night also after the coke can incident. She was probably hoping you would have thrown it at her so she could really have called the cops.

My wife and I get along pretty well most of the time. I found out things go a lot smoother when I give in all the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Oh for sure!

Most smart men learn that one!

Well.....at least make them think you're giving in!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Who are these women you guys are dating/married to? Even though I highly doubt we are getting both sides here you're kinda making them out to be the wicked witch of the west.

I find it strange that there seems to be two types of reactions going on here at opposite ends of the spectrum. Either wimp out totally or throw crap around and break your hands on concrete. You realize there are some happy mediums to explore right?

Very telling indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

My statements about giving in all the time are slightly exaggerated for comedic purposes. Not every gf I had was that way, but there were two that had trouble controlling their anger. One of them was fine most of the time. The other one does fit the wicked witch statement. She liked to grab knives every time she got mad. Glad those days are over.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

You have never asked a girl what was wrong, only to receive the answer "nothing" ?

Who are these women you are dating/married to?

Come on, feel the rage, experience the assault (on inanimate objects), feel the pain!

edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Punching

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You gave her the chance to pull a knife a second time? Man she would have been gone the first time with me. I just respect myself too much to let myself be threatened or abused emotionally or physically. Really, being alone isn't that bad when the alternative could mean having your nuts sliced off while you sleep.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

You have never asked a girl what was wrong, only to receive the answer "nothing" ?

Come on, feel the rage, experience the assault (on inanimate objects), feel the pain!

That's actually amusing, like men are always so forthcoming with how they really feel and what's really bothering them.
They never say nothing when it's something right?

I can understand why your partner was upset, it's because your temper tantrum was directed at her indirectly albeit by hitting the dashboard and she felt threatened. Personally, I'd dump you then and there because I would never want to be with a man I felt unsafe/unsure about with regards to his temper. Self control is a fine trait in a man or woman.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
2003 Cubs v Marlins NLCS game 5, in a bar called the "Dugout" across from Wrigely. One out in the 8th inning. Then the Bartman ball happens, 8 runs cross the plate, I wake up the next morning with a hairline fracture in my hand. Now I am not gonna lie I was drunk as they come that night and probably the only reason I didn't feel the bone crack that night.

Moral:
If you are going to unleash your anger on a wall stay away from the corner, apparently there is a lot more wood at the corner.

But never hit a wall because of a woman.
edit on 24-9-2011 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am a rare species I suppose. Whenever there is an argument between me and someone else I can sense they really want to punch something. But that is urged on by my passive response to their aggression. If there is an argument which becomes loud I continue in my rather quiet normal voice as they get louder. I do not act aggressively or defensively, just like I am sipping coffee and having a conversation while they are kicking things. Whenever you start yelling, cursing, or becoming physical in situations (physical only counts in that category when it is other than self-defense or the defense of an innocent), well then you lost the battle because you lost control.

People who kick, scream, curse, punch, throw things, or get in your face do so only because they no longer have control over the situation. Like a mob during a riot they are showing their worst side. Whenever given the opportunity to watch two people who are arguing, observe who raises their voice first, gets physical first, or makes the most use of profanity first, that is the person who has lost control. They are not only the most ridiculous people to argue with but in life are also the most dangerous.

edit on 9/24/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

I agree, but I was young, and "in love" is a form of insanity.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

Yeah, guys always say what they are feeling!

Believe me, if you were my g/f and obviously sometime saw me with my shirt off, you would not dump me.

Lucky for me shes my wife, HAHA suck, cant leave easily!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff

reply to post by FEDec

That's actually amusing, like men are always so forthcoming with how they really feel and what's really bothering them.

I can understand why your partner was upset, it's because your temper tantrum was directed at her indirectly albeit by hitting the dashboard and she felt threatened. Personally, I'd dump you then and there because I would never want to be with a man I felt unsafe/unsure about with regards to his temper. Self control is a fine trait in a man or woman.

IF it was directed at her, we'd be having a completely different conversation. You'd dump someone just for punching something? See ya.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

I'm suddenly so entranced with your abs that I can't, I can't respect myself anymore, please take your temper tantrum out on me.
Your a greek god, scare me, terrorize me, just do it with your shirt off.

Your wife has my deepest empathy.
:@:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

Yeah I have gotten the "nothing" answer but honestly it doesn't make me mad. Most of the time at least with my current lady it just goes "nothing............ It's just (someone at work, my mom, im frustrated)" Then "sorry I didn't mean to take it out on you". Then I try to make her laugh and she forgets what she was mad about and I do some stealthy dishes or make her favorite pasta just to keep the good times rolling.

I don't know I grew up in a house where my dad got my mom zero presents, never remembered anything and generally moped to himself a lot. Once I started dating it was a simple matter of doing exactly what he didn't. Things seem to work out pretty well, not always but I'm hardly punching walls out of anger so I seem to be coming out ahead.

When I am angry I just beat the crap out of my heavy bag or work out til I am exhausted. Both of which are 1000x more productive and less damaging on the hands than flipping out and "punching your house in the head". As an added bonus all the working out will totally get your lady hot for you again keeping her happy.

I think the trick is to do stuff that will make her happy but do it for yourself.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

reply to post by FEDec

IF it was directed at her, we'd be having a completely different conversation. You'd dump someone just for punching something? See ya.

No I would dump someone for hitting an object during a heated conversation with me because I said something they couldn't handle/process and their reaction was to terrify me and intimidate me. So, see you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It were more along the lines of.....

(Wife) Yeah I know I'm an hour late and you have been waiting to pick me up in the hot sun.....

(Me) Well, why were you an hour late, whats the deal?

(Wife) Because I was talking to someone on the phone and I couldn't carry all the bags and hold the phone at the same time ok?

(Me) errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's why you were an hour late?

(Me) Oh for %&*#'s sake "PUNCH"

It wasn't a move I took to intimidate her, but more a quick fix to an impending tantrum.

edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

(Wife) Yeah I know I'm an hour late and you have been waiting to pick me up in the hot sun.....

(Wife) Because I was talking to someone on the phone and I couldn't carry all the bags and hold the phone at the same time ok?

I could understand being irritated with waiting for someone for an hour, or even having words with them about it along the lines of respecting your time.........however, hauling off and punching something along those lines, yeah like I said, I can see why she was upset. Overreaction just a tad??? You scared her, plain and simple. Justifying it when there is no justification for such a reaction. Not like she got into the car and said by the way hun, I just slept with your best friend. Then, I could see ramming your fist into the dashboard.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I could understand being irritated with waiting for someone for an hour, or even having words with them about it along the lines of respecting your time.........however, hauling off and punching something along those lines, yeah like I said, I can see why she was upset. Overreaction just a tad??? You scared her, plain and simple. Justifying it when there is no justification for such a reaction. Not like she got into the car and said by the way hun, I just slept with your best friend. Then, I could see ramming your fist into the dashboard.

Respecting your time... Jesus, what world do you live in? The way you talk is ridiculous...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Sure that is pretty disrespectful of you and your time but I can't hardly imagine getting so mad as to punch something over it. Seems like a better reaction would be to Say "look you are disrespecting my time." and if that doesn't get through to her well that doesn't seem like a great situation in the first place. But hardly worth getting that mad over.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Respecting your time... Jesus, what world do you live in? The way you talk is ridiculous...

The one where humans evolved voices and language so we no longer have to smash things and grunt to communicate? Why where are you living that this is acceptable?
edit on 24-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join