It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First video of Satellite UARS debris falling over Okotoks,Canada AMAZING VIDEO!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Not much new this morning on the Eastern or Pacific fronts. We have this video which seems to be new but might be debris from any old satellite. Phage I am sure will verify or debunk. I don't have the archives of NASA at my fingertips for comparison so apologies all around for trying and floundering in my own ignorance if this is not UARS

The video would be nice!

edit on 24-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

This video sucked. Were the lights even moving? Doesn't look like burning up space debris which would look similar to a meteorite.

I posted a few others you might like them better and Phage posted a few that were from earlier re-entries that were spectacular. I know how disappointing it can be - what a let down. Never like in the movies is it?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If NASA doesn't know the 'exact' (using the term loosely) locations themselves, it's all guesswork, unles they find debris, and perhaps video taken in the same area.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

That's my video, didn't know it was on Youtube. You know it is a simulation done a while ago, and not real. But Ironic it showed reentry over the Pacific.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have to call bs phage.
The columbia looked pretty much exactly the same.
Perhaps with the exception of the visible vapour trails.
But the times were different one, day, one night.
I think this is real.
Typical Canadians too , not even a whoop or a holler......
Okotoks is near Calgary alberta canada by the way.....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I have to call bs phage.
The columbia looked pretty much exactly the same.
Perhaps with the exception of the visible vapour trails.
But the times were different one, day, one night.
I think this is real.
Typical Canadians too , not even a whoop or a holler......
Okotoks is near Calgary alberta canada by the way.....

Didn't the narrator say he was looking southeast?

And the objects moved left to right?

That makes them moving east to west.

The satellite was moving west to east.

I see a disconnect here.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Okotoks is seriously 5 min drive outside my city.... On a global scale, thats pretty much Calgary's backyard.
..wonder if I could scavenge some debris...

*edit*
and it's even in our paper! www.calgaryherald.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

Titanium is more valuable than gold. Go for it son, get a GPS and some real tracking data, or just stay home.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
Okotoks is seriously 5 min drive outside my city.... On a global scale, thats pretty much Calgary's backyard.
..wonder if I could scavenge some debris...

*edit*
and it's even in our paper! www.calgaryherald.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

I'm guessing as there is no visible trail that there is a good distance between the camera man and the pieces. It's so far away that is just looks like flares. Canada is one big ass country with the lowest population density. Finding anything would be worst then a needle in a hay stack.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by PsykoOps

No doubt. There would have been a lot of eyes and a lot of video cameras looking for it.

Okotoks has a population of under 20000 people... and after that... there's nothing but rolling hills and flat land... lol.
So I dont think too many people actually saw it..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
@2:38 The guy in the video clearly says September 22nd and on NASA's website they clearly state this:

"NASA's Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, or UARS, is expected to re-enter Earth's atmosphere late Sept. 23 or early Sept. 24 Eastern Daylight Time, almost six years after the end of a productive scientific life. Although the spacecraft will break into pieces during re-entry, not all of it will burn up in the atmosphere."

That says to me that the satellite will break into pieces on re-entry and not before as I did not read anything about debris coming before hand on NASA's site. That's just my take on it.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what these people have captured on video but it looks very low in comparison with where the house is in the video, maybe neighboring lights from houses across the way? However, if it is real I'd lean more toward a UFO fleet. No real way of telling because the video is pretty dark in my view.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Not much new this morning on the Eastern or Pacific fronts. We have this video which seems to be new but might be debris from any old satellite. Phage I am sure will verify or debunk. I don't have the archives of NASA at my fingertips for comparison so apologies all around for trying and floundering in my own ignorance if this is not UARS

The video would be nice!

edit on 24-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

all in all, watching this and all the authentic meteor and satellite re-entry videos gave me newfound appreciation for the earths atmosphere!

well, i appreciate the planets ability to foster/protect life anyway, but it's been reaffirmed...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Questionable. The lights seem too widely scattered and persistent. No vapor trail.
Here is a genuine re-entry.

edit on 9/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Not to disagree, but it could be they got video after the initial reentry fireball and what we're seeing are the surviving pieces in the lower atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I saw some odd lights last night lined up in a more or less straight line. Naked eye from a small town outside of Seattle. Was outside smoking a cigarrette when I noticed them. The lights looked to be two lights and then you could see three, then two again, but these were in a straight line. Slightly below and along the same line, but offset a little appeared another light that was brighter. It was at this point that I called my roommate out to look too. By that time the brighter offset light had gone - roommate is slow to react sometimes, but the play between two and three lights in a line remained. Went back out about fifteen minutes later and the whole thing was gone.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

amazing video?

amazingly disappointing?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You are disagreeing but that's ok.
The material does not remain incandescent for very long. If it doesn't vaporize it becomes invisible (in the dark sky) once it slows down.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's strange to hear ATSers call a video about space debris, a UFO. When normally all videos about UFOs inevitably are called space debris or something else.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
It's strange to hear ATSers call a video about space debris, a UFO. When normally all videos about UFOs inevitably are called space debris or something else.

Now that you mention it

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i'm slapping the first "len's flare" comment,,

ummm guess that would be me,,,

umm
commence slapping,,,,owww

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Questionable. The lights seem too widely scattered and persistent. No vapor trail.
Here is a genuine re-entry.

Phage, are you trying to tell us that this is possibly another Hollywood production? Could it be that the whole story of a satellite falling could be fake? Another illusion to keep folks in fear and turmoil? Or could it be that this is planned as a cover story to explain something else that may be taking place? Why should we believe NASA?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join