It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First video of Satellite UARS debris falling over Okotoks,Canada AMAZING VIDEO!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Update #15
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 03:46:42 AM EDT

NASA’s decommissioned Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite fell back to Earth between 11:23 p.m. EDT Friday, Sept. 23 and 1:09 a.m. EDT Sept. 24. The Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California said the satellite penetrated the atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean. The precise re-entry time and location are not yet known with certainty.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed. Not only did he say it's the 22nd - and the satellite did not come down until the 23rd, there seems to be a problem with the lights staying still while the 'house' moves at one point.

It certainly does not look like any re-entry to me. But this is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

Apologies for repeating what you said. I was reading and replying instead of reading all and then replying.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Now that you mention it. And in Lederhosen. Pictures or it didn't happen.

Are you missing this
gene?

edit on 24-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

The point was to demonstrate that the video in the OP has a very different apperance than that of a known satellite re-entry.
Here are some others.

Notice the similarities in these videos. The duration of the incandescence and the way that the debris stays together as a group.

Compare these to the video in the OP. There is no resemblance. None. That is why I don't think the video in the OP is of the re-entry of UARS.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't understand how other reentry videos go misunderstood as to their relevance.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I am CERTAIN this one is fake.
Watching latest on the "tube" to see what pops up looking for Uars and a NASA source.

Meanwhile someone has posted this...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Here is another one. This looks most like poster Phage's Russian Rocket video.

Now this - which is hard to tell if it is real or not. I mean its something and fits the time frame.

I know the original you posted was in Oklahoma (already has tons of views - people are enhancing it) but I wonder myself if it wasn't related to this reentry somehow...what was it?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Simulation Video, I know it's an animation but its funny how the solar panel blows off first and it landing in the Pacific, like it really did.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

"according to NASA"

This is the latest ...
There are no confirmed reports of sighting but there are UNCONFIRMED reports of sighting around Alberta Canada that NASA feels may be somewhat reliable....at least they have not ruled it out.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This looks most like poster Phage's Russian Rocket video.

Yes. That's because it is the same video. Mir in 2001.
Hoaxers are just plain stupid.
edit on 9/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This is clearly not UARS.

Another 1 for the HOAX bin...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This looks most like poster Phage's Russian Rocket video.

Yes. That's because it is the same video. Mir in 2001.

Which is why I am waiting for a NASA source.

youtubers other videos looked like ....ah... lets just say unrelated.
So credibility of the source was missing. Thanks. Animation above from BBC is the latest and they have not ruled out some debris in Canada around Alberta ...based on strong twitter feed (?)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I think the tweet came from the youtube posters. Part of the game, the set up.

There would have been a lot of people looking for it. If it had been visible there should be a lot more chatter (other than hoaxes).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

All good,still suprised some people still think this is the UARS :-/

I normally try to keep away from these kind of threads when in my honest opinion there is no way this is the UARS re-entering. But apart from the audio date reference in the video, even with common sense one can see that this is no re-entry video.

it would have been best suited being posted in the UFO section, unDer a title of UFO Fleet, which would have been more believable. IMO.

peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LMAO

Shame on you Phage...you tease

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The OP video is very real, it just happens to be sky lanterns :/
The people shooting it probably knew the satelite was coming down but weren't really following it and so assumed it was the satelite.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If they're sky lanters then they would have to be pretty close to camera. Cant really say for sure but imo it doesn't look that they're that close.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

The duration is far too long.

The reports say that in areas where the UARS could be seen it should be visible for up to 20 minutes. I believe this video to not be the UARS, but I believe your comment that the duration is too long is wrong.

Here it is:

Jeffcoat was running errands when the first flying object left a thick, white trail that lingered in the sky for about 20 minutes, he said. A second object followed the same path and was "massive," he said.
"It's was like a comet, but smoke," he said. "I'm guessing it landed in the ocean, the way it was going."

Source: CNN.com

The guy was in Hawaii. Maui to be exact. He is in the right location to see it since it entered over the Pacific.
edit on 24-9-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This video sucked. Were the lights even moving? Doesn't look like burning up space debris which would look similar to a meteorite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join