It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my phone bugged?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My phone shuts down and restarts by itself, I have times where I get echo, and I just had an incident tonight where my phone made the noise like dial-up modems used to make when they would be connecting to the Internet.

Now, it could just be the way it's designed to download OS updates, but it's freaking me out. So, could it be bugged?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
if your hearing your own echo then its very likely.

thats an impedance change, it was explained to me once before but the person was far more savvy than i so i couldnt readily explain it in detail.

she was on an interview with my friend on youtube and explained it in the video but the account has since been shutdown.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You have about a 1 post per 2 stars ratio for ATS, that is good enough for a phone tapping.
Or.... you got neighbors with similar frequencies as your phone, if cordless, and you're hearing neighbor interference.

On good days, you can eaves drop on their conversations.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Uh oh. I guess I better get a new phone then.. I've had mine for 5 years and its only just started to echo, it doesnt always happen though.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

getting a new phone wont do anything if your on the same network/account. the esn is tied to the account. as soon as you program the phone youll be right back where you started.

you have to get one of your friends to buy you a pre-paid phone.

where i lived there was a provider called MetroPCS. they are the kind where there is no bill, you just go to the store and pay them. you can sign up under any name they dont check your id or tie it to any information.

tell them your Ben Kanobi or Micky Mouse, and thats what your caller id will say. always use cash. if your uber paranoid, send in a friend with cash.
edit on 24-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You can give me the cash. I will purchase these items.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i haebeen getting a lot of echo recently which is pissing me of cause i think someon is listing to me.

also im getting a few calls which people dont tend to reply or say anything. i just calld my ex girl and left her a voice mail but i havent talked to her for about a year and then right after the phone vice maili left her the phone jsut started to ring but know one on the other line?

my friend carlos called same thing.

this other guy snacks called SAMETHING.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

they are likely listening to you when your not in a call as well. when you "power down" your phone it doesnt really turn off it just goes into a suspend mode so that they can activate the mic remotely. this can all be found in the 1996 telecommunications act. its mandated that all phones after 2001 have federal "takeover" functions.

when you want your phone to be off, the only way to truely turn it off is to take the battery out.

if its an iPhone your screwed. they made the battery inaccessible for this very reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
your entire phone is accessible to the feds including your contacts list.

often times, you may not have done anything in particular to get a snoop agent. you can simply be on the contacts list of somebody whos being surveilled and thats enough for them to snoop you too.

happens more often than you think. your friends brother could be dealin weed or something, in which case they probably dont care, but are fishing for a bigger catch. if you are not that catch then i like to think they just move on.

eta:: i too have had the modem tones (recently infact). i dont know what that means and havent gotten a chance to ask my friend. but i will. its only when talking to a specific person too....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

Uh oh. I guess I better get a new phone then.. I've had mine for 5 years and its only just started to echo, it doesnt always happen though.

i too am having this problem with my new straighttalk samsung droid.sometimes it makes a brrrrrrrrrrrr.sound.since i got my phone,my tv does it too.
here in texas,the texas rangers and dps use a hand held tracker to trianglelate locations of text messages.i busted them doing it to me.also they use planes with a repeator.the way to tell is the text message sent will come up twice or more on your phone or theirs.never take your phone on trips.there is always somebody that will loan u theirs.this is how they are making all the large bust.and remember ,there is no law,only bullies with guns,trying to take your money and turn you into their slave

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
what make / model is the phone?

theres plenty of ways to listen into mobile communications

www.theregister.co.uk...

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
As someone who works with cell phones on a daily basis, echo and cross talk is usually a speaker/mic issue. A good first troubleshooting step is to start by simply taking down your volume and see if that reduces the issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

they are likely listening to you when your not in a call as well. when you "power down" your phone it doesnt really turn off it just goes into a suspend mode so that they can activate the mic remotely. this can all be found in the 1996 telecommunications act. its mandated that all phones after 2001 have federal "takeover" functions.

when you want your phone to be off, the only way to truely turn it off is to take the battery out.

if its an iPhone your screwed. they made the battery inaccessible for this very reason.

So, you referenced the Telecommunications Act of '96... do you mind providing any actual proof whatsoever of your claims? I took a quick moment and ran a few keyword searches on my copy of the document and could turn nothing up in the slightest verifying a single word you just said. Coupling that with the fact that I work with cell phones everyday, I'm just having a really hard time buying in.

Edited to add: The iPhone not having a user-replaceable battery can be brought down to a single word. Profit. Oddly enough, batteries tend to start going usually in that one year range. Funny enough, that's about on par with Apple's development cycle. It also means that if your average Joe Consumer wants a new battery, where does he go? You got it. Apple.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Fiscal because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by Fiscal because: OCD

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I didn't know that an echo was evidence of a tapped phone. A while back, I had an echo on my phone for a short period of time. The echo was so loud that it disrupted conversation.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

often times, you may not have done anything in particular to get a snoop agent. you can simply be on the contacts list of somebody whos being surveilled and thats enough for them to snoop you too.

happens more often than you think. your friends brother could be dealin weed or something, in which case they probably dont care, but are fishing for a bigger catch. if you are not that catch then i like to think they just move on.

eta:: i too have had the modem tones (recently infact). i dont know what that means and havent gotten a chance to ask my friend. but i will. its only when talking to a specific person too....

Any factual evidence to these claims? a "Snoop Agent" really?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Disclaimer - thjis post will not help one jot.

now, onto the post.

HJAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

God that sounds funny, what a world, my phone is infected.

Good christ..... years ago you couldnt pay for such gold... god, haha, im a sorry..

uahahahahhaha

hahahah
oh man... my phone.... PHONE..

Wahahahahahahaahahahahha god, whats next, my shoe is infected..

jesus I must be old...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiscal

So, you referenced the Telecommunications Act of '96... do you mind providing any actual proof whatsoever of your claims? I took a quick moment and ran a few keyword searches on my copy of the document and could turn nothing up in the slightest verifying a single word you just said. Coupling that with the fact that I work with cell phones everyday, I'm just having a really hard time buying in.

Edited to add: The iPhone not having a user-replaceable battery can be brought down to a single word. Profit. Oddly enough, batteries tend to start going usually in that one year range. Funny enough, that's about on par with Apple's development cycle. It also means that if your average Joe Consumer wants a new battery, where does he go? You got it. Apple.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Fiscal because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by Fiscal because: OCD

the telecommunications act paved the way for these functions which were not implemented until later on after the patriot act/911. im not about to pore over the document but your welcome to. the mandate is that by october 2001 a certain percentage of providers had to add what would become GPS tracking for the E911 location function. this was due to cellular devices not providing 911 emergency responders with location information like landlines. i believe they mandated that they have to be able to track the device up to 100 feet or the nearest tower. the reason this paved the way for what later became federal takeover functions lies in how the networks identified a particular phone from that point on.

geek.com - government tracking

“Because cellphone calls to 911 (estimated at around 140,000 per year) do not give the 911 operator location information, the FCC mandated that wireless companies “be able to locate 67 percent of callers to 911 within 50 meters that elect the handset solution while those using network technology must be able to locate the caller within 100 meters.” Wireless companies must also have one-quarter of the new cellphones they offer equipped to provide that location information by the end of the year, and all new cellphones so equipped by the end of next year.”

PC World

Cell phone tracking was propelled by the Federal Communications Commission, which adopted enhanced 911 rules to cover wireless services. For E911′s first phase, cellular carriers must be able to pinpoint, to the nearest cell tower, the location of someone calling 911. For Phase II, carriers must be able to pinpoint a 911 caller’s location to within 50 to 300 meters,”

im not going to pore over the patriot act for you either, but heres a few articles revealing the FBI's admittance to useing spy functions that would have otherwise not been possible via the added network identifier infrastructure made possible through the mandate (96TCA).

CNET - FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool (reveals that they not only do it to phones, but "OnStar" nav systems in cars too)

ABC News - Can you hear me now?

Cell phone users, beware. The FBI can listen to everything you say, even when the cell phone is turned off. A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a "roving bug." Experts say the only way to defeat it is to remove the cell phone battery.

MSNBC - gadget gives cops quick access to cell phone data

ars- same gadget explained in more detail can be done via bluetooth.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Any factual evidence to these claims? a "Snoop Agent" really?

snoop agent was just the word i gave it. i guess the correct term is federal agent or department of homeland security employee.

Roving Wiretap

On May 26, 2011, the U.S. Senate voted to extend the provisions of the 2001 USA PATRIOT Act to search business records and allow for roving wiretaps

your cellular account falls under "business records"

as i cannot speak for every cellular provider in the united states, all the ones i have ever had store your contacts on the website/user account.

and its an absolute certainty that they have records of who you have contacted, and who has contacted you.

all data (ill repeat that) ALL DATA, is routed through the cellular provider at some point. the patriot act allows federal agencies to access that data without a warrant in search of "terrorism". although the majority of the convictions made via patriot act have been drug charges. think you can google this one on your own or do i have to do it for you?

screw it. here.

Cato report 763 cases. 3 of them for terrorism. 65 percent drug cases.

see previous post references for traffic stops.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiscal
As someone who works with cell phones on a daily basis, echo and cross talk is usually a speaker/mic issue. A good first troubleshooting step is to start by simply taking down your volume and see if that reduces the issue.

i think we all work with cell phones on a daily basis.

if it were a hardware issue it would not happen at random, during conversations with specific people.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

funny how the echo phenomena didn't start happening until post-911/patriot-act

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join